Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just rewatched it. I thought The Blade was helping him, but then he and everyone else just left him in the ring. Most of the guys in that ring have been at this long enough to know when to protect someone. Having him lying there was dangerous to him and anyone else in the ring.
    But yeah, the ref should've done something or someone in the back. So many could've made a call but no one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ Saw the video just now. They should have sent a medical team out to check on him, he shouldn't have been allowed to walk back on his own. Once again AEW screwed up just like did with Matt Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

That is absolutely terrifying.
    How the official didn't catch that is beyond me, his arms literally did the fencing response and he didn't catch it. This should have been incredibly obvious.
    The fact nobody did anything here is beyond sloppy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No-one was concerned about him. The entire ring, ref included, were preoccupied with the next spots to do. You'd think one person would spot it and act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It seems like every week, aew finds a new way to make Taz's sloppy shop dig more and more stupid...... That is some proper amateur hour **** and everyone involved should be ashamed...... But they got to hit their spotzzz~~~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW 753K and the 13th ranked show of the night.

NXT 664K and the 56th ranked show of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    I didn’t notice how bad this looked watching last night

https://twitter.com/kim_rey/status/1319103042936098821?s=21

That’s some outlaw mud show level rubbish. So it seems nobody in the ring noticed anything and clearly neither did anyone backstage. I mean it seems he’s okay but that could have been much worse. It seems the others in the match had their **** to get in and they did it. I’m sure many here are fans of the bucks aka balding and road warrior ? I’ll admit I don’t watch them that much even that clip didn’t help my opinion of them because they are meant to EVP of the company and veterans and yet they missed it also.

Young Buck are utter shít, can't stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Big fan of AEW but can’t defend that. It’s shocking. Ref is there to protect the talent and is totally oblivious to him

I decided to go see what a very pro AEW board was saying and apparently the lying flat on his back in the ring and arms up the arm “was selling.” If that was selling call him the next Curt hennig. If wwe did the same carry on they should be called out for it because even though I prefer an old school style of booking and in ring style compared to some, I’m not someone who think wrestling should ignore injuries during a match like it’s the old days.

• Advertisement

I've said it before, the refs in AEW are awful! That is so bad.

I mean it was so obvious that Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax probably even noticed.
    (Poor Kairi)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I mean it was so obvious that Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax probably even noticed.
    (Poor Kairi)

I really shouldn’t laugh but that was funny. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Johnny Hungry got on a shot of Brandi, Seems a good dude and a guest appearance from Anna at the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

(Poor Kairi)

I really wish Kairi got the opportunity to slap the sh1t out of both of them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AEW 753K and the 13th ranked show of the night.

NXT 664K and the 56th ranked show of the night.

Considering that was a very strong (and good) episode of Dynamite the ratings didn't reflect that. A poor NXT episode almost caught it.

Dare I say it... does Cody = ratings??

I see Hardy v Sammy is taking place in the Hardy Compound..... hopefully that'll mean they'll get creative instead of partaking in dumb and dangerous spotmonkey stunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

That clip is mental! The lad is in a bad way! The running knee in the cornor from the buck was clearly pulled too as he knew something was up. Too little too late. I get it’s live tv but the Bucks have to call an audible here divert the action away from the hurt performer. Do a spot on the outside, a big suicide dive over the top to a group of waiting to catch him and have everyone sell it for a few mins

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Like her or not, at least Aubrey stopped the Hardy match. She was just overruled at the time.

• Advertisement

Like her or not, at least Aubrey stopped the Hardy match. She was just overruled at the time.

Overruled? Jaysus

Yep. Doctor and Tony Khan both gave the go ahead for the match to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    No-one was concerned about him. The entire ring, ref included, were preoccupied with the next spots to do. You'd think one person would spot it and act.

Whats Daves defens.....i mean assessment of the sitiation?

He blitzed WWE for this type of issue. He more or less brushed aside the Matt Hardy fall.

Unbiased reporting my ass

Loughc wrote: »
    Considering that was a very strong (and good) episode of Dynamite the ratings didn't reflect that. A poor NXT episode almost caught it.

Dare I say it... does Cody = ratings??

AEW was a very good show IMO but while NXT didnt have big star power, it was a solid show.

6 man was very good and Dain and Maverick are very Team Hell no.

The tag team main event and angle was decent and the opener was very entertaining.

All in all 2 good shows.

Yep. Doctor and Tony Khan both gave the go ahead for the match to continue.

Head Neurologist Khan felt Hardy was fine enough to climb a ladder despite a hard bang on the noggin because Hardy said so.

Wreckless and needless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The fact that Tony Khan is purporting to operate as full time DOF at Fulham FC while ALSO booking AEW is very troubling for both operations.

Oh, and consultant neurologist to boot.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The fact that Tony Khan is purporting to operate as full time DOF at Fulham FC while ALSO booking AEW is very troubling for both operations.

Oh, and consultant neurologist to boot.

Well Scott Parker gets presumably less attention, so he can at least manage the team a bit more freely.

But yeah its a tall order to do one let alone both.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Well Scott Parker gets presumably less attention, so he can at least manage the team a bit more freely.

But yeah its a tall order to do one let alone both.

His Twitter also lists him as "Owner/Analytics" for the Jaguars.

Common theme emerging:

Fulham: bottom of the EPL
    Jags: 1-5 start to the season
    AEW: declining viewership

Neil3030 wrote: »
    His Twitter also lists him as "Owner/Analytics" for the Jaguars.

Common theme emerging:

Fulham: bottom of the EPL
    Jags: 1-5 start to the season
    AEW: declining viewership

To be fair WWE NXT and AEW were up against World Series this week.

• Advertisement

Advertisement