Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they can hold off turning Kingston babyface till the fans come back that will be one hell of a turn I think he will be an awesome babyface.

PAC is a force of nature with his intensity

I though the new woman Jade gave a great promo to Cody on her debut fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just imagining the guy with the mute button for Dynamite:
    *Jade talking*
    Mute guy: "Ah, I was too late for that s#!t!"

*Brandi talking*
    Mute guy: "Ah, too late again for that b!tch"

*PAC comes out*
    Mute guy: "I quit!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb for the NWA title announced for next weeks Dynamite.

• Advertisement

Full Gear drew 100k PPV buys and 850 live crowd who paid $60k at the gate.

Very decent numbers in these times.

Britt Baker & Thunder Rosa going at it on Twitter setting a future feud by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Britt Baker & Thunder Rosa going at it on Twitter setting a future feud by the looks of it.

Looks a work alright but I see Ivelisse stuck her ore in too. :D Rosa has them mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb for the NWA title announced for next weeks Dynamite.

It’s getting weird how they’re promoting two women’s titles without really booking programmes for either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Even more than that they promote the NWA title more than their own title. Shida barely gets a look-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ThePott wrote: »
    Shida barely gets a look-in.

Wrong. She actually gets the best look-in from the front row of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

The Inner Circle in Vegas!

Love how miserable Sammy and Ortiz look while Wardlow and Hager throw daggers at each other!

Roll on Wednesday night!

v3rgsss5d8z51.jpg

And from Dynamite during the week!

Great storytelling and I can't wait to see how it goes!

9ozlourtcqy51.jpg

Hager is a bit of a goof underneath the exterior of tough guy, that puts me off any feud between him and Wardlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A very light yet enjoyable episode of Dynamite.

Cage and Sydal was fine, but Starks on the mic was shining. This kid has talent. Taz is very well utilised in this role.

Codys entrance at big matches is grand but its too much each week. Unfamiliar with the lady who interrupted him but she was very wooden in her delivery. They talk of Shaq doesnt do anything for me. Shaq and pro wrestling is 20 years too late.

The Team Taz vs Allin is a fine feud and all can excell. Perfect feud for Allin to have in which he outsmarts the bickering pair.

Omega is fantastic in ring but as a promo guy he does not cone off as intimidation at all, nor does he make me see his match.

Bunkhouse match was decent but the wrong team went over. Dustin does not need a rub and QT is bland as fcuk. Really like the Blade though.

The Inner Circle schtick is fine but so far a little predictable.

The main event rocked. A little slow at the start but man it was a great finish and told a great story. Could listen to Kingston all day long, what a great chatacter.

Pac returns and Im so looking forward to where this goes.

I though the new woman Jade gave a great promo to Cody on her debut fair play to her.

Very early days but I wasnt a fan. Her wirds were fine but her delivery was too rehearsed for me and her reactions when Brandi came out was too hammy, panto esque for me. Brandi made her look ametuer. IMO.

And Pac is awesome. Him...Kingston.... the fall of the Luchas..... sign me up. Anyone who thinks Pac isnt a star in the making in wrestling is incorrect.

Wasn't Shaq meant to face Big Show at one point?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't Shaq meant to face Big Show at one point?

Yep but for whatever reason it didnt happen. Even then Shaq wasnt the star he once was but it would have gotten some attention for sure.

In 2020, Shaq is of no interest to me anymore. It may garner them some mainstream attention but probably not much. Hes well past his sell by date.

But he was Steel!

:pac:

It's a bit cringey how the wrestlers sing-along to Judas it must be said. Fair enough if they're genuine and not doing it because they've been told to. Ivelisse looked in pain going along with it at Full Gear.

It's a bit cringey how the wrestlers sing-along to Judas it must be said. Fair enough if they're genuine and not doing it because they've been told to. Ivelisse looked in pain going along with it at Full Gear.

Its fairly catchy. Not Jerichos biggest fan lately but this is the one part of his act thats just organic and super over.

Im in two minds about Mox v Omega on TV over PPV. I can see why they are doing it.

I just think its the biggest match they can do at the moment, people will buy a PPV to see it. Would it not be better served to PPV? Also the short build, though granted it has plenty of backstory.

Im hoping its a bait and switch personally and they reserve it for PPV.

Omega has to go over whether its by winning the title or by destroying Mox and solidifying a heel turn with the Bucks.

Champion Omega versus underdog Paige should be the ultimate end game IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Next PPV is in February so hard to keep the build fresh. I think we can assume a major angle goes down on that show so the main event will bring some extra eyes to that episode. I expect Mox to drop and then possibly quarantine in time for a trip to Japan to defend his US title. I'm hoping for an NJPW appearance of some sort on the episode to set something up. Tony has promised big surprises so let's see.

Next PPV is in February so hard to keep the build fresh. I think we can assume a major angle goes down on that show so the main event will bring some extra eyes to that episode. I expect Mox to drop and then possibly quarantine in time for a trip to Japan to defend his US title. I'm hoping for an NJPW appearance of some sort on the episode to set something up. Tony has promised big surprises so let's see.

3 months to build a match is fine, especially if its a big deal. I wouldnt say thats the problem. The match is something they obviously want to do on free TV. No harm in having some big matches on free TV as it can help you get more eyes on the weekly show and hopefully the follow ups can keep them there.

Hopefully they have a match similar to Page and Omega in where they give you just enough to satisfy you and keep plenty for the rubber match

• Registered Users Posts: 86,439 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can't remember if posted but they signed Red Velvet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Lance Archers promos the last few weeks have been straight fire and really should of been on AEW Dynamite!

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1328854414002675712?s=19

With Jake not really able to talk due to COPD Archer really is blowing out of the water with his promo's he really did learn a lot from Jake over the last year.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/18/aew-all-elite-wrestling-dynamite-tnt-nyla-rose-trailer-director-x/

Now the news isnt a big deal, but what is a big deal is that TMZ are in bed with AEW.

Its a nice way to plug your show to your demographic and shows they are getting mainstream exposure.

I really think Dark might just be the most fun wrestling show around today.

I think Impact may have that with a lot of the backstage bits there, but commentary wise they do seem to enjoy themselves on Dark.
    Was thinking it's a good job JR isn't commentating on Dark or he'd be completely lost with so many different wrestlers to remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well, that's my plan to steal Renee from moxley on hold for a while.....

Advertisement