Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jim Ross is saying AEW will have a 2 hour live show on a Major Cable Network from October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hope it’s on a decent channel here too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hope it’s on a decent channel here too

I hope it’s not on a Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Loughc wrote: »
    I hope it’s not on a Monday night.

They have trademarked the name "Tuesday Night Dynamite" and the show is scheduled to debut at the same time as Smackdown is moving to Fridays. Which probably tells us what night of the week their on.:cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monokne wrote: »
    They have trademarked the name "Tuesday Night Dynamite" and the show is scheduled to debut at the same time as Smackdown is moving to Fridays. Which probably tells us what night of the week their on.:cool:

Tuesday Night Dynamite... reeks of Monday Night Nitro about it...

• Advertisement

As names go, it does feel fairly derivative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Feels a very 80s or early 90s vibe off it

Lots of reports that Turner will announce AEW at the upfronts on May 15th. TNT or TBS apparently, debuting the same week Smackdown moves to Friday. Basically, everything that's been rumoured appears to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    Lots of reports that Turner will announce AEW at the upfronts on May 15th. TNT or TBS apparently, debuting the same week Smackdown moves to Friday. Basically, everything that's been rumoured appears to be true.

"Vince, I'm back in the Wrastlin' Business"

So an AT&T Network that also owns HBO and John Oliver's show was having a dig a WWE.

John Oliver to AEW :)

• Advertisement

So an AT&T Network that also owns HBO and John Oliver's show was having a dig a WWE.

John Oliver to AEW :)

Its an conspiracy against Vince i knew it

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Their TV deal can't come soon enough judging by the state of Raw/Smackdown this week. I'll definitely be checking them out even though I've never really had the time to follow the indies so I'm not that familiar with a lot of the talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They can't be serious about that name. 'Tuesday Night Dynamite'.

It's not 1988 anymore.

They can't be serious about that name. 'Tuesday Night Dynamite'.

It's not 1988 anymore.

I'm not big on the name, but by the same token, it's a name. It's just not particularly important.

Well this is intriguing completely different than being reported since it’s launch

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1119009035485945856?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭NITRO95

sky88 wrote: »
    Well this is intriguing completely different than being reported since it’s launch

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1119009035485945856?s=21

It's not going to be a time buy. Sounds like someone with an agenda got in the guys ear and he just started talking like it was a fact

Meltzer and Front Row Brian are still insisting there will be a lucrative TV deal.

There's certainly a ton of rumour on dark twitter that it's a time buy or a revenue split.

I will hold judgement. Brian & Dave get a lot more right than wrong, but it is difficult to understand what would motivate a network to guarantee 8 figures to this company. They've little leverage and no track record. What would make most sense would be a trial period - 6 or 12 months - at a reasonably small number with the promise to renegotiate if AEW does big numbers. Still, it would surprise me if Ross & Jericho signed without seeing something that made them confident they were getting a decent TV deal.

Sidebar, I often ponder the insanity of TNA blowing their Spike deal ***just*** before rights became as lucrative as they are now. If they had maintained even 70% of their audience from the peak, they would be earning 3 or 4 times what they got from Spike at their peak, would be hugely profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Is “dark Twitter” actually a thing? It sounds terribly geeky, no offence!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's the first time I've ever even heard about it.

• Advertisement

lol

Is dark Twitter for the Twitter smarks.

Dark twitter is a term people like to use to say they are getting the scoopz that aren't going to be talked about in public. Its the wrestling equivalent of being ITK in football.

What's funny is that those who talk about dark twitter normally haven't a clue of what's going on.

I would put more stock in Brian & Dave then twitter rumours for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Goldust Cody Confirmed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tvercetti wrote: »
    Goldust Cody Confirmed!

I thought Dustin / goldust resigned with the WWE when the rumours of this came out previously?

That was a very good promo tho to be fair!

Blue Pants has signed with AEW.

As have New York tag team 'Private Party' and Pete Avalon.

The roster is pretty uninspiring. Meltzer reported that the Bucks & Cody wanted to go with mostly new talent, not previously exposed in the US, and limit the ex WWE talent involved. I understand that it's important to differentiate themselves, but that roster is seriously lacking in star power. If the like of Banks and Harper get out of their deals, AEW should snap them up. Make a play for Ambrose too. Blue Pants baffles me. She was so limited in her NXT run. Perhaps she has a range I haven't seen.

Anyway, the current roster:
    D4yz1RMWwAEL8WM.png
    D4yz1RLXkAY46wa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sasha is going nowhere. Ambrose sounded like he was totally done going by that Shield special but Harper would be a sensible move. You need to have big men and Harper's a good one.

Not sure what is uninspiring about having arguably 3 of the best tag teams in the world (Bucks, Lucha Bros, Best Friends), arguably the best wrestler in the world (Omega), one of the most influential wrestlers of all time (CIMA), solid veterans (Rhodes, Daniels, Kaz). You are also discounting talent like the Super Smash Brothers, Darby Allin, MJF who all have massive potential. Oh yea and there is also PAC Chris fn Jericho and all of the OWE talent.

Their womens division is full of names that even I am not overly familiar with but I feel confident in saying they will blow away anything you will see under the WWE banner. Kylie Rae is a better version of Bayley from everything I have seen, Aja Kong needs no introduction. Allie, Bea and Penelope are solid if unspectacular. Sadie Gibbs could be something special and Hikaru Shida already is according to those who regularly watch Joshi.

I am in no way a huge fan of The Elite, my reaction to them when they were in OTT is a running joke but to dismiss what they have built already as uninspiring is misinformed at best and spoilt at worst. They have built the strongest American roster outside of WWE in over 20 years. Dismissing them before it all even begins is baffling. And all of this is before adding in the potential New Japan talent when they come to a working agreement, which they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

AEW would want to look towards impact in towards of recruiting names. They've quietly build a steady roster with LAX, Blanchard, Su Yung, Taya Valkyrie, Johnny I won't call him Impact, Brian Cage, Sami Callihan, Jordynne Grace, Eddie Edwards, Ethan Page, Josh Alexander, the Rascalz and of course most importantly Scarlett Bordeaux.
    I left out Lucha Bros as they work everywhere.

Advertisement