Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Someone forgotten in Omega's quest for all the gold is Nick Aldis. Guy has brought a proper prestige feel to the NWA title and he has stayed quiet during the pandemic, only enhancing the title by doing so. Programme between him and Omega has potential to be brilliant.

An honourable face Aldis against little bitch Kenny having Callis doing his talking sounds like money to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW beat Smackdown in the key demo last week.

So they have beaten RAW & now Smackdown in the main advertising demo in the last two weeks.

Smackdown drew a total viewership of 1.03m. with 0.30 in the 18-49

AEW drew a total viewership of 806k with 0.32 in the 18-49

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loving the paid AEW adverts on Impact, Tony S throws some serious shade :D

Khan invited Impact talent to appear on Dynamite on the latest one, give me FTR/The North and Bey against PAC or one of the Luchas please.

Pac vs the Butcher tonight should be fun.

I wonder which Impact wrestler/s will show up.

• Advertisement

The Dark Order offering a hand to Lee Johnson on Dark after he lost to Grayson.

So the Dark Order are now going after another member of The Nightmare Family not just Dustin.

Nice storyline continuing to develop now between the The Dark Order and The Nightmare Family.

Maybe will end in a two ringed cage match between the two factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The SCU segment was class. Its was believable, felt real and genuinely honest.

A simple story and easy to get invested. A fine mid card story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Nice storyline continuing to develop now between the The Dark Order and The Nightmare Family.

Maybe will end in a two ringed cage match between the two factions.

Am i missing some nuance here? Didn't the storyline stop making sense after Brodie squashed Cody and then got beaten in the return match due to the miraculous power of hair dye?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just seen Cody got into it with some clown of a "fan" on twitter. Why even give him the time of day?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Cody just get that tattoo so The Nightmare Family would have a logo to use?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just seen Cody got into it with some clown of a "fan" on twitter. Why even give him the time of day?

Cody has one of the biggest fragile egos in professional wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »

How so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Loughc wrote: »

A lot of the twitter arguments he gets into are about people saying racist things about his wife or transphobic things about Nyla Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bargain bin HHH but with an ego just as big.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bargain bin HHH but with an ego just as big.

He's a better worker and promo than Headlocks Headlocks Headlocks could ever dream of being. Riding the bosses daughter and getting your friends over isn't particularly impressive.

He even ****ed up NXT by hiring a bunch of the best indie talent and then running out ideas after a year other than "it'd be cool if these two guys wrestled!" so they are all trapped in purgatory before they get embarrassed on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Cody has the "It factor", unfortunately we live in a world of twitter. But that aside I think he's done very well post wwe.

You might not like him but you can't say he isn't a "top guy"

Some of the NBA audience stayed on the watch AEW after the game last night and a lot of them hadn't seen Jericho in years then proceeded to slaughter him on Twitter for getting old and putting on weight at 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

How good is the Butcher? Great showing last night. One of the nicest people you could meet also, and his band just put out two stone cold bangers. What a year he's having.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

775k and a 0.32 in the demo on a week where they aired at 10pm must be considered a positive. The NBA lead in, given it was a close, high scoring game, has probably skewed it but hey, who cares?

Some of the NBA audience stayed on the watch AEW after the game last night and a lot of them hadn't seen Jericho in years then proceeded to slaughter him on Twitter for getting old and putting on weight at 50.

I saw that. Bad form. Oh wait...

jericho-2.png

Seems NBA fans don't play by the script either.

What I found more entertaining was how many were baffled by what AEW was. The term "Bootleg WWE" was used.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I saw that. Bad form. Oh wait...

jericho-2.png

Seems NBA fans don't play by the script either.

What I found more entertaining was how many were baffled by what AEW was. The term "Bootleg WWE" was used.

Pretty bad form from Chris there.

I mean, Lesnar hasn't wrestled a match in the last decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

775k and a 0.32 in the demo on a week where they aired at 10pm must be considered a positive. The NBA lead in, given it was a close, high scoring game, has probably skewed it but hey, who cares?

Not me. Could'nt give a rats about demos or any of that lark.

The tag division is stacked to bits. Hope Santana and Ortiz have a babyface run in 2021 and knock it out of the park. Butcher and Blade deserve a run near the top too. Then you've the likes of Top Flight, The Accalimed and Varsity Blondes coming up, as well as the established tandems. It's exciting.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not me. Could'nt give a rats about demos or any of that lark.

The tag division is stacked to bits. Hope Santana and Ortiz have a babyface run in 2021 and knock it out of the park. Butcher and Blade deserve a run near the top too. Then you've the likes of Top Flight, The Accalimed and Varsity Blondes coming up, as well as the established tandems. It's exciting.

Great, maybe you could stop telling me that anytime I've posted ratings news. I've noted your lack of care.

You literally asked ''who cares'' in your post. I responded to it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You literally asked ''who cares'' in your post. I responded to it.

Omackeral hates ratings discussion. I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Lots of people are bored by ratings discussions. If this is an issue, perhaps start a dedicated ratings thread so that you, and those who care about the system can go into in-depth detail without interruption.

Lots of people are bored by ratings discussions. If this is an issue, perhaps start a dedicated ratings thread so that you, and those who care about the system can go into in-depth detail without interruption.

Agree with that. There's a Wednesday Night Wars thread (although "war" sounds too grandiose a term for shows that are scraping together a few hundred thousand viewers).

That's probably the better place for discussion about how AEW beats NXT by 32,000 viewers but since the 24 year old female viewer from New York is more valuable than the male 48 year old from Wisconsin, that's quadruple points for AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

If marks can come on here and constantly take shots at AEW repeatedly then I don't see the harm in someone mentioning or talking about the ratings!

If you don't like what someone talks about then ignore it or don't reply to it!

It isn't rocket science!

The over sensitive snowflakes on here really do make me laugh!

You literally asked who cares and I said “not me”. Then I mentioned what I do like! It’s grand papi.

• Advertisement

If marks can come on here and constantly take shots at AEW repeatedly then I don't see the harm in someone mentioning or talking about the ratings!

If you don't like what someone talks about then ignore it or don't reply to it!

It isn't rocket science!

The over sensitive snowflakes on here really do make me laugh!

Thing is, a question was asked and responded too. Calling people marks and over sensitive snowflakes is excellent discourse btw.

Advertisement