Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

If marks can come on here and constantly take shots at AEW repeatedly then I don't see the harm in someone mentioning or talking about the ratings!

If you don't like what someone talks about then ignore it or don't reply to it!

It isn't rocket science!

The over sensitive snowflakes on here really do make me laugh!

I swear, and the shots are mostly ridiculous too. 32,000 viewers and people with no semblance of why the demo is important. It's ludicrous. Of course AEW's ratings apply to the AEW thread, rather than the Wednesday Night War thread, a war that never got started while AEW are fixed firmly on Raw's numbers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral hates ratings discussion. I get it.

And lineofbeauty is a mark for AEW. We get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’m an AEW mark myself. Love it.

Loughc wrote: »
    And lineofbeauty is a mark for AEW. We get it.

Loughc I can very safely tell you I watch more pro wrestling in a week than you will in months. In fact AEW isn't even my pick for promotion of the year, that's Dragon Gate, but because only RollieFingers watches that on here (open to correction on that) I spend far more time talking about AEW than Dragon Gate, or any of the other companies I watch. We can safely assume from your posts and likes that you aren't my biggest fan. So be it. Let's not revert to name calling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lads it's Christmas Day, SURELY there's better things you could be doing than sniping back and forth at each other on a wrestling thread.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lads it's Christmas Day, SURELY there's better things you could be doing than sniping back and forth at each other on a wrestling thread.

Debatable. I've just been screwed out of a game of Snakes and Ladders. Montreal 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trent is out for months with a torn pec.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Trent is out for months with a torn pec.

Why couldnt it be Chuck Taylor. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Absolutely gutted over Brodie. Interesting to see how this will affect Dark Order going forward. They already veer on being faces, wonder if they'll go all in on it.

• Advertisement

Absolutely gutted over Brodie. Interesting to see how this will affect Dark Order going forward. They already veer on being faces, wonder if they'll go all in on it.

It makes you look back and realise what happened over the last few months with The Dark Order wasnt the original plan. Obviously I put it down to the ankle injury Lee was supposed to be suffering.

Lee v Cody 1 was probably the most unpredictable outcome to a match in recent memory. It was refreshing and no one saw it coming. Its a pity we will never see how far he could have went.

Im truly numb, he was so young and by all accounts a genuinely nice guy. Never heard a bad word said about him and my prayers go out to his young family.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I really don’t know if they can continue with the Dark Order. Obviously they will have a tribute show on Wednesday and have them lead the tributes on that. But the Dark Order without Mr Brodie Lee should be broken up.

Officer999 wrote: »
    I really don’t know if they can continue with the Dark Order. Obviously they will have a tribute show on Wednesday and have them lead the tributes on that. But the Dark Order without Mr Brodie Lee should be broken up.

I do see your point but I disagree. They could paint it as continuing Brodie's legacy and there are interesting routes they could go down.

Hangman - they have been there for him at his darkest points, now he can be there for them, trying to lift their spirits and guide them as a leader. Storyline wise, we know Brodie badly wanted him in the DO so it fits there also. They become a more face stable and back Hangman on his path to the title.

John Silver - Not quite there yet in terms of being a leader, but the last onscreen segment with Brodie was him telling Silver that he's earned his respect. There is a natural path for them to take there also - Silver going about fulfilling Brodie's wishes, recruiting Hangman and gaining the TNT title back in future perhaps. On this note and kinda eerily enough, Brodies theme song back on the indies was Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down". Listen to the lyric from 1.05 - how perfect is that.

https://youtu.be/Krtm_gUAadI?t=65

The Dark Order segments and storylines need to be put on the shelf for the immediate future. See where things are in 4 weeks. I expect AEW to do right by Brodie either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think it would be better for The Dark Order to come out to pay tribute rather than disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If Archer goes babyface it'd give Jake something to do.

I kinda eerily enough, Brodies theme song back on the indies was Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down". Listen to the lyric from 1.05 - how perfect is that.

https://youtu.be/Krtm_gUAadI?t=65

?

?

Do you have a point to make or are interpretations not a strong point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I cannot see them disbanding the Dark Order. After a sluggish start once Brodie became leader they've developed into a really great villanous stable all good workers and now the likes of Silver Reynolds Colt are tweeners. No better way to celebrate Brodie's legacy with keeping a great thing going that he contibuted to

I would have been thinking that with the partnership with Impact the Sinister Minister would have been a good choice to steady the ship with The Dark Order while they worked out what direction they wanted to go with the group.

However after reading what he said today he can go fcuk himself.

Edit: I read that wrong on Twitter it was Bruce Mitchell saying sh1t not James Mitchell.

• Advertisement

I would have been thinking that with the partnership with Impact the Sinister Minister would have been a good choice to steady the ship with The Dark Order while they worked out what direction they wanted to go with the group.

However after reading what he said today he can go fcuk himself.

What did he say?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What did he say?

He is implying Jon died of Covid and his wife and AEW are covering it up.

Edit I read it wrong on Twitter.. It's Bruce Mitchell not James Mitchell that was saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

It's gonna be a tough one to really know what to do with The Dark Order now.

Brodie Lee turned them from being dismissed and hated alot by many,into a really brilliant faction and taken very seriously which I genuinely thought was beyond the Dark Order until the day Brodie was revealed as 'The Exalted One'.

Just can't see any new leader being taken seriously and if they do continue I genuinely believe the new leader needs to be from within the faction as I just can't see an outsider being taken seriously by the fans

Haven't been this upset about a wrestler passing since 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero died.

Mr Brodie Lee had so much potential and his utter destruction of Cody when he landed the TNT Title is my favourite single moment since AEW Wrestling begun and brought back my love for wrestling.

Just watched Mr Brodie Lees debut and reveal as 'The Exalted One' and broke down.

Really am gutted over Brodie.

Rest In Peace Jon Huber.

His matches with Cody were two very big moments in AEW. The brutal squash of Cody was just so out of left field it stood out immediately as a big moment.

His final match was a great watch too. Just a pity life went the eay it did. Both matches would have been even better had there been a full house if fans present

He will be missed. Taken far too soon.

The scenes following the TNT title win were epic too, it isn't often I leap off the couch for anything these days but the closing moments of that show made me feel like I was 10 again and reminded of how gripping wrestling can be when done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    His matches with Cody were two very big moments in AEW. The brutal squash of Cody was just so out of left field it stood out immediately as a big moment.

His final match was a great watch too. Just a pity life went the eay it did. Both matches would have been even better had there been a full house if fans present

He will be missed. Taken far too soon.

The Cody squash is my favourite thing they've done besides for Hangman/Omega. So well executed and initially felt out of left field, before you realised it made perfect sense given Cody had been hand-picking his challengers. Brodie looked like an utter beast here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are the New Year's Smash plans all being pushed back a week to accommodate the Brodie tribute?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are the New Year's Smash plans all being pushed back a week to accommodate the Brodie tribute?

Yeah, and they've pushed back the game related thing they had planned until after Dynamite next Wednesday night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement