Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just to be clear, that was an example of "things we don't see coming that might derail a long term plan". Not sure either would leave, but you just never know.

Maybe a more likely example - Jericho gets a nasty bout of Covid in a biker bar in some prairie.

Speaking of potential "next top guys" - did anyone else think Lance Archer looked around 50lbs heavier wearing the Luke Harper gear? In a good way, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats one thing about the angle, it can go a multitude of ways and still be good. Sammy being forced out is a logical way. Jericho being ousted by MJF is another. Sammy and MJF jooning forces and taking Jericho out is another.

Santana and Ortiz are gonna be a fantastic babyface tag team too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the Pandemic stalled the whole Inner Circle for last year really so it's good to see this MJF/Wardlow story and how many directions it can go story wise.

Jericho was supposed to head off for most of 2020 touring with Fozzy so the other members really didn't get their chances to shine,

I also think this is also part of the reason Jericho grew a bit stale He is one guy who usually knows when to drop off the radar for a bit and not get over exposed so when he does return he is fresh with a new take on is gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think the Pandemic stalled the whole Inner Circle for last year really so it's good to see this MJF/Wardlow story and how many directions it can go story wise.

Jericho was supposed to head off for most of 2020 touring with Fozzy, I think this is also part of the reason Jericho grew a bit stale He is one guy who usually knows when to drop off the radar for a bit and not get over exposed so when he does return he is fresh with a new take on is gimmick.

Jericho is a fine mouthpiece and is great in most promos its just his in ring work is well below bar.

I hope this MJF story ends with him being usurped by MJF.

• Advertisement

Tony buying more music rights this time he bought Tarzan Boy for Jungle Boy to use as his theme.

https://twitter.com/boy_myth_legend/status/1346616788843429888?s=20

The final match of Dark -1's cameo coming out and at the end of the match with the Dark Order is just awesome

Tonight was pretty cool. We got to go visit @tjwilson711 & @natbynature and let Brodie work in the ring. @yaonlylivvonce is a gem for working around the ring with him and letting him learn.

He also cut promos on @allelitewrestling #aewdark which I didn’t know was going to end up making the show. I thought AEW was just letting him have some fun after a really really tough night. Having them air it was incredible and I wish you guys could have seen his smile when we watched it. I told him what @tonyrkhan said about his promo and he was BEAMING.

Also, just for clarity’s sake.
    1) His contract with AEW is valid on his 18th birthday *if* he chooses to wrestle. Nobody is going to push it with him. If you were to spend 10 minutes talking to him you’d understand why they gave him a contract though.
    2) School is number one for him.
    3) He is not seriously training at the moment or will be taking bookings or anything ridiculous right now.

I know I shouldn’t have to clarify but with social media I end up seeing stories how he’s being forced into this or questions about his “contract” or all sorts of craziness.

At this moment, all of this wrestling around him is our friends trying to make an 8 year old pro wrestling fan feel a bit of happiness after losing his hero. ����

I’m also pretty sure our only hope of stopping this monster Brodie Lee Jr -1 is Nolan Rhino ��

Training with Liv, Natalya & Tyson :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsKtBBBt3e/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just seen an OTT tweet that when they were being evicted by the landlord that Cody Rhodes offered to pay the rent for them.

Between that and Mox contributing to OTT I like this comoany even more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Jericho is unbearable on commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Poor Tony, throws together a banger of a show only to inevitably get wrecked by the news channels in the ratings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Poor Tony, throws together a banger of a show only to inevitably get wrecked by the news channels in the ratings :D

Jerichos next conspiracy is surely that Trump caused the riot to help crush the ratings of AEW.

Its more believable than his other conspiracies to be fair.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

What a ****ing show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Omega looking a million bucks yet again and Ray Fenix really is an amazing wrestler!Really epic match that was!

Delighted to see the Young Bucks turn heel as well on top of the Good Brothers showing up!

That five star dogg splash looked stiff as f**

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Omega looking a million bucks yet again and Ray Fenix really is an amazing wrestler!Really epic match that was!

Delighted to see the Young Bucks turn heel as well on top of the Good Brothers showing up!

Was watching that with a big smile on my face. That's wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was waiting for the Good Brothers to show up was thinking it might be next week when they teased an Elite segment. Excited to see where it goes. Overall great show but Jericho does my head in on commentary, he shouts over everyone and it's a tough listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The main event was so good, Fenix is one of the best around. Great angle post match too, as always when the chips are down the Bucks will have Kenny's back.

Seven days into 2021 and we've had Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix and Jay White vs Kota Ibushi, two genuine match of the year contenders from both of the Golden Lovers already, it's looking like their year and it's cool to see them both on top of their respective companies. I think one of the ultimate dream matches from any talked about AEW/New Japan cross-promotion would be heel Omega vs Ibushi, really is extremely unlikely to happen but still good to think about! A Golden Elite reunion may be more realistic.

Hager/Wardlow was much better than I thought it would be too, another excellent episode of Dynamite.

Cracking episode of Dynamite they are on a roll now.

• Advertisement

I really need to say this again I hate JR and he ruins part of my enjoyment of the show every week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sasha in response to what Snoop tried to do last night.

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/1347051524619321344

Did WWE not stop the bucks etc from using the "too sweet" hand gesture in the past or was it just on shirts and stuff they can't use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did WWE not stop the bucks etc from using the "too sweet" hand gesture in the past or was it just on shirts and stuff they can't use it?

They were sent a Cease & Desist about the use of it, then went and made t-shirts mocking that C&D with the gesture blurred out.

Don't know if it went any further than the C&D order.

Really enjoyable show. Can't stand Jericho on commentary though and hope it doesn't become more regular. Just shouts everything for 2 hours.

JR is going nowhere but would like to see Excalibur, Taz and Tony as the commentary team.

Was Fenix getting his shoulder up a botch or something to return to later (I got my shoulder up)? The fact that Omega's finisher is so protected, I'm thinking it was a botch on Fenix's part.

I really need to say this again I hate JR and he ruins part of my enjoyment of the show every week

Pretty much buried Matt Sydal for being too small. At this point, he does more bad than good.

Outside of the main angle, I’m really looking forward to Darby Allin vs Brian Cage for the TNT Championship. I’ve Ricky Starks withdrawals though if I’m be being honest. Hobbs looked a million dollars in the suit.

Wardlow has a great look and can go. A bit more fine polish and he could be a big deal.

Even the undercard is getting interesting with the SCU stuff and Chuck Taylor vs Miro having a stipulation. Great episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Really enjoyable show. Can't stand Jericho on commentary though and hope it doesn't become more regular. Just shouts everything for 2 hours.

JR is going nowhere but would like to see Excalibur, Taz and Tony as the commentary team.

Was Fenix getting his shoulder up a botch or something to return to later (I got my shoulder up)? The fact that Omega's finisher is so protected, I'm thinking it was a botch on Fenix's part.

I think Jericho is hilarious on commentary.

I think they’ll be smart enough to incorporate into a promo if they so choose. Have PAC mention it as he still has Kenny in his sights. Lucha Bros Vs Butcher N Blade is a death match waiting to happen now too.

Jericho would be miles better on commentary if he weren't doing it in character. He should pay attention to how Taz dials it down on Dark.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Outside of the main angle, I’m really looking forward to Darby Allin vs Brian Cage for the TNT Championship. I’ve Ricky Starks withdrawals though if I’m be being honest. Hobbs looked a million dollars in the suit.

They all looked like stars in that segment - Cage, Hobbs, Starks.

(Still a bit ridiculous that the group keep running away from an old guy with a bat, but hey..)

Advertisement