Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Goldberg rocks up for a promo and everyone loses their mind.

AEW's future stars flee in terror from 61 year old Sting ambling to the ring and people lap it up.

82KAMDXkUvMZJ1M_ar7aOwHnRHRhsnQs6geFm_dU-93Ocn-2r0-um9SMbL9nKLrurUejvLNgmFf1l4wTdddq6yZgKOw4CR9Uw_xRSGvVYy6O5oBYtldR1DecS1JyIjdk6W9x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah they need to do something with him now , constantly walking out scaring off 3 pretty big guys with just a bat every week shouldn't be happening weekly

Interesting to see the TNT title match now next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I do hate that alright, Hobbs alone would wreck anything!

Yeah I wouldn't mind if he was scaring away one guy but scaring off the whole of team Taz is a bit ridiculous. Especially when done a few weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Neil3030 wrote: »
    They all looked like stars in that segment - Cage, Hobbs, Starks.

(Still a bit ridiculous that the group keep running away from an old guy with a bat, but hey..)

Exact same thought here. Ok the first time with the lights out gimmick and element of surprise but it was the same thing 2 or 3 weeks in a row. Team Taz need to beat the bejaysis out of someone or get a bit of heat somehow, they look like losers atm. I really like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's at the point now where I don't know what Bucks are at. Like they were superkicking interviewers yet still apparently faces, so apparently siding with Kenny means nothing. Was wondering where they and Cody were with these Impact guys invading their show.
    The main event was great though, and think it was a botch at the end from Aubrey's reaction.

They need to sort out the women's division. I know I was asking before why Abaddon didn't get a title shot since she was undefeated on Dark, but this seemed to come out of nowhere a few weeks ago. And who would be next in line. They have 2 women's titles being defended on their shows and the title matches seem to be random. Tay Conti is getting a NWA title shot for no reason. Maybe it's based on wins and losses but they seem to be taking the WWE attitude with that and just taking that into account when it's convenient.
    The men's matches usually have story and reason for matches. Like we know why Fenix had the match against Omega.

I agree about Sting. Why is everyone running from him?
    And I think Darby should've at least attempted to show off the new title.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's at the point now where I don't know what Bucks are at. Like they were superkicking interviewers yet still apparently faces, so apparently siding with Kenny means nothing. Was wondering where they and Cody were with these Impact guys invading their show.

I'm willing to see where it goes. I really amn't huge on the Bucks, but the best I ever saw them work was the early part of the match against Cody and Dustin, when they were just the most obnoxious little pr*cks, it was perfect for them (probably because I really just don't like them, lol). Key thing as you say though, is that they find a lane now (as heels) and stay in it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Really enjoyed that episode. Its so refreshing for a show to be gitting its stride at almost every angle.

The Pros.

The opener was fun and I enjoy the SCU side story. The acclaimed and their act isnt my thing but they are growing on me. Maybe its that they are the lesser if two evils when Snoop is around.

Warlow is coming on well. Great look, decent promo before hand and his match with Hager was better than it should have been. Hager sucks but Warlow going over was the right call. Hopefully its the last of Hager for a while as an in ring competitor. Warlow is on the right track.

I like Hardys new angle. Keep him out of the ring and as the front for PP and you might have something.

Team Taz are great. Allin vs Cage has me hyped. More of Team Taz please. I like the Hurt Business but Team Taz are doing it better.

Fenix vs Omega was amazing. Great match start to finish. Kennys snap dragon never ceases to look awesome.

Moxs promo rocked and I loved the ending bar a small niggle.

Jericho on Commentary works for me, but Im a Jericho mark si Im always gonna enjoy his verbal skills.

The Cons

The womens division needs work. If there one thing WWE didnright, it was they made the womens division slowly seem like a big deal and capable of being on par with the men. Yes we all gave them **** for Steph taking credit and hogging the wormns reveolution, but you can tell how big they viewed it by having a McMahon involved. AEWs best females all come off as midcard at best.

Wasnt a fan of Cody and Sydal.

Snoop Dogg can fcuk off. I get why hes there and I accept it can help AEW long term, but i just hate this IMO terrible fkash un the pan rapper who phones it in no matter what he does. Hes a celebrity mercenary that will do anthing once hes paid. We didnt need one Snoop Dogg entrance theme, ket alone butcher another, especially at the expense of Codys awesome theme. He better be back to normal next week.

No Hangman.... sad face. I'll live.

Loved the Bucks turning but I was hoping theyd confirm their turn by super kicking Mox after the will they wont they moment. Thats me jit picking.

JR can do one too.

But overall it was an extremely entertaining show. All the cons are minor bar the womens division.

8 outta 10 show.

Yeah I wouldn't mind if he was scaring away one guy but scaring off the whole of team Taz is a bit ridiculous. Especially when done a few weeks in a row.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Exact same thought here. Ok the first time with the lights out gimmick and element of surprise but it was the same thing 2 or 3 weeks in a row. Team Taz need to beat the bejaysis out of someone or get a bit of heat somehow, they look like losers atm. I really like them.

A simple solution was to have Taz and Cage go out alone. They jump Darby and double team him.... enter Sting.

No need for the others to be there.

Its at the stage something different needs to happen, its too repetitive with Sting.

Love Taz. Hes found his rhythm and hes bring the best out of those around him. And Starks.... he says zero and still is the most charismatic guy there.

If Starks doesn't have the belt within five years I'd be very surprised. Can't find a flaw with him.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    If Starks doesn't have the belt within five years I'd be very surprised. Can't find a flaw with him.

Like MJF, hes got all the tools. He just needs more experience and I have no doubt he will be a big player in 5 years.

No rush at all and enjoy the ride.

AEW and WWE have some great young talent but AEW utilize and nurture their future stars. WWE breaks them down and attempts to build them up poorly. I dint think there is one mishandled young talent in AEW right now.

Don't think Dark Order made an appearance this week apart from the Tay promo.

JR seems to be the standout on commentary in a bad way. It seems he doesn't get on with the others. Tony, Excalibur and Jericho/Tazz all seem to work well with each other. The number of times Jericho refers to JR, it always sounds like he's mocking him.

JR seems to be the standout on commentary in a bad way. It seems he doesn't get on with the others. Tony, Excalibur and Jericho/Tazz all seem to work well with each other. The number of times Jericho refers to JR, it always sounds like he's mocking him.

I imagine hes there to help appeal to lapsed WWE fans he was the hottest commentator in the hottest period of Pro Wrestling so any fans who remember him may be swayed to give AEW a chance knowing a familar voice is calling it.

But man is he dated. Hearing him say It aint nothing but a G thing was nothing but cringe.

I can tolerate him though. Doesn't put me off the product

Its a pity fans are absent. AEW would be on fire and habe more appeal to new fans or lapsed WWE fans had there been hot crowds the last month. Fans are the missing piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I wonder is the fact that JR doesn’t have someone screaming at him in the headset constantly and how he’s been left to call it alone contributing to how poor he’s performing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I wonder is the fact that JR doesn’t have someone screaming at him in the headset constantly and how he’s been left to call it alone contributing to how poor he’s performing?

I thought the exact same thing the other day. Maybe thats how you get the best out of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Snoop Dogg splash was so bad it was good, awful attempt for a wrestler, a not too bad attempt from a 49 year old celeb. Some of the photoshops going around are gas. Loved Jericho's Snoop jumped to AEW line on commentary too, I think he's been brilliant behind the desk.

The Snoop Dogg splash was so bad it was good, awful attempt for a wrestler, a not too bad attempt from a 49 year old celeb. Some of the photoshops going around are gas. Loved Jericho's Snoop jumped to AEW line on commentary too, I think he's been brilliant behind the desk.

Jericho appears to be getting heat from some fans, but I enjoy him. Yes hes shouting but I dont mind it, hes keeping things interesting and hes razor sharp. Give me that over Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

J. Marston wrote: »
    Goldberg rocks up for a promo and everyone loses their mind.

AEW's future stars flee in terror from 61 year old Sting ambling to the ring and people lap it up.

82KAMDXkUvMZJ1M_ar7aOwHnRHRhsnQs6geFm_dU-93Ocn-2r0-um9SMbL9nKLrurUejvLNgmFf1l4wTdddq6yZgKOw4CR9Uw_xRSGvVYy6O5oBYtldR1DecS1JyIjdk6W9x

When Sting is winning the AEW World Title then give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If Sting is going to wrestle again I think Jericho would be a good match for him. If anyone can get something out of Sting I think Jericho can and it's a fresh feud as well so it's something new for Jericho. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in a while so it makes sense to me.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    If Sting is going to wrestle again I think Jericho would be a good match for him. If anyone can get something out of Sting I think Jericho can and it's a fresh feud as well so it's something new for Jericho. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in a while so it makes sense to me.

No. God thats not the way id go.

A waaaay past his prime Jericho vs Kenny Omega in 2021 would give me a problem as Jericho is done in teh ring for me. Slow, gassed, out of shape. I couldnt watch him against Kaz a few weeks back and Kaz was busting a gut trying to drag a decent match from him. Jericho wrestling is one of the negatives about an almost all round entertaining wrestling show.

Sting looks in better shape than Y2J and Id rather see him against someone who could get the most out of him rather than Jericho who'd get me to change the channel.

Darby would be ideal, someone who can bump around him and keep the pace up. Anybody but Jericho.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Darby would be ideal, someone who can bump around him and keep the pace up. Anybody but Jericho.

Or a tag. Darby and Sting vs Starks and one of Taz's hosses would be worthy of a PPV match, I reckon.

Anyway, great episode. Horrible timing with what was going on in America that night, seems as though it scored in the mid 600's with a .25 in the demo. Really unfortunate because with that show and the momentum AEW has at the moment, you'd imagine they would've hit the .40 in the demo mark and at least 850k plus viewers.

There was so many good things about the show but really the show closing angle was superb. The main event match against Fenix was excellent (****1/4) and then the gradual heightening of the situation leading to a Bullet Club (though not Bullet Club) reunion. Loads of possible directions to go in with it.

Seeing people complain about the Sting stuff. He's running off heels, the heels have a number advantage but they play up that Sting can come from anywhere, plus he's got a baseball bat and his friend has a skateboard with nails or something in it. I hope this is the last week that they do this same angle again though.

MJF weaseling the loyalty from Inner Circle members towards himself and away from Jericho is great stuff.

Snoop's splash thing was grand for what it was. Cody beats up a jobber, holds him in place for Snoop to kind of jump on him. No issues.

Really strong episode this week.

Anyway, great episode. Horrible timing with what was going on in America that night, seems as though it scored in the mid 600's with a .25 in the demo. Really unfortunate because with that show and the momentum AEW has at the moment, you'd imagine they would've hit the .40 in the demo mark and at least 850k plus viewers.

There was so many good things about the show but really the show closing angle was superb. The main event match against Fenix was excellent (****1/4) and then the gradual heightening of the situation leading to a Bullet Club (though not Bullet Club) reunion. Loads of possible directions to go in with it.

Seeing people complain about the Sting stuff. He's running off heels, the heels have a number advantage but they play up that Sting can come from anywhere, plus he's got a baseball bat and his friend has a skateboard with nails or something in it. I hope this is the last week that they do this same angle again though.

MJF weaseling the loyalty from Inner Circle members towards himself and away from Jericho is great stuff.

Snoop's splash thing was grand for what it was. Cody beats up a jobber, holds him in place for Snoop to kind of jump on him. No issues.

Really strong episode this week.

MJF / Inner Circle angle has been a nice slow burner. Hes been used perfectly thus far and its surely gonna elevate MJF when he eventually turns on Jericho.

Cant fault it at all, perfect use of MJF. Plays to his strengths.

All the negative points I have about AEW are all minor, they tick all the important boxes. So anything like Snoops involvement (a pet peev of mine as I cant stand the guy) and the use of Sting vs a faction for example dont stop me from enjoying as a whole.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    MJF / Inner Circle angle has been a nice slow burner. Hes been used perfectly thus far and its surely gonna elevate MJF when he eventually turns on Jericho.

Cant fault it at all, perfect use of MJF. Plays to his strengths.

All the negative points I have about AEW are all minor, they tick all the important boxes. So anything like Snoops involvement (a pet peev of mine as I cant stand the guy) and the use of Sting vs a faction for example dont stop me from enjoying as a whole.

Same as myself, I don't mind tolerating stuff I have no use for (Abadon for example) down card if the big picture stuff works. Some of the down card stuff probably isn't for me (Miro in his current incarnation can be shot into space for all I care) but there's enough meat on the down card stuff to keep me interested and the top of the card is very strong right now.

Same as myself, I don't mind tolerating stuff I have no use for (Abadon for example) down card if the big picture stuff works. Some of the down card stuff probably isn't for me (Miro in his current incarnation can be shot into space for all I care) but there's enough meat on the down card stuff to keep me interested and the top of the card is very strong right now.

Do I think the Sting running off Team Taz week in week out is logical? no..... TT should at least rumble with Darby and Sting. Easy solution is to have others like Cody back Sting up or just have Cage and Taz enter the scene alone.

But there is so much to love about these segments that I enjoy it more. Starks is a magnet, Taz is killing it with each promo, the story of Cage v Allin is one I personally wanna see play out, Sting's entrance is growing on me, The Allin/ Darby sub story is intriguing, Hobbs looks better each week.

The positives greatly out weigh the negatives. AEW arent perfect and to be fair, any feedback they get thats negative they have a the awareness to try assess and fix things going forward. (Take Brandys faction a while back, wasnt working, dropped).

AEW hasnt been perfect, they have had bad weeks. but they are exactly what i want in pro wrestling by in large.

I watched AEW Dynamite this week first when I havent even gotten around to WK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

No harm keeping keeping Dark Order off Dynamite for a couple of weeks, they were obviously building something with all the losses on TV and the Hangman stuff and now they have to completely recalibrate the group's creative direction.

JR is pretty bad, I started watching back when Excalibur was suspended and the commentary, specifically JR, nearly put me off. I will say on the rare occasion he is on form he is really good and can add a certain gravitas or big match feel to proceedings.

No harm keeping keeping Dark Order off Dynamite for a couple of weeks, they were obviously building something with all the losses on TV and the Hangman stuff and now they have to completely recalibrate the group's creative direction.

JR is pretty bad, I started watching back when Excalibur was suspended and the commentary, specifically JR, nearly put me off. I will say on the rare occasion he is on form he is really good and can add a certain gravitas or big match feel to proceedings.

No harm keeping them off until the figure out a plan and direction. All signs point to them being a face faction, well for the likes of Silver, 10 at least. Fans dont wanna boo them no matter what they do. Silver in particular is a natural face with great comedic timing. Im sure they can mold the Page story into something new if they have to change course.

Not saying they should've been on. Best to take an episode off after last week.
    But they said they'll be with Tay next week so will be back then.
    We know Brodie was the exalted one. Maybe a split could occur due to infighting about who will lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

662k which with everything that happened and was happening in DC is pretty good for me.

• Advertisement

Both shows very close this week and what happened in the states was a pity.

I wonder how Cody's Go Big Show did. Be good for AEW if it did good numbers, but the show looks like the dirt worst of a recycled 2005 idea.

Advertisement