Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Baker vs Rosa is off next weeks show as Rosa came in contact with someone with Covid.

That's another match that deserves a live crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Baker vs Rosa is off next weeks show as Rosa came in contact with someone with Covid.

Charavter wise Baker is in top form. No doubt.

Shes along way to go before her in ring skills are on par with her perosna. Havent seen her in a decent match yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Don’t think Baker vs Thunder Rosa was happening next week anyway.

As I understand it New Years Smash Night 2 is;

Champion Darby Allin defends against Brian Cage
    “The Bastard” PAC vs. Eddie Kingston
    “The Best Man” Miro vs. Chuckie T
    FTR vs. Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt of Jurassic Express.
    NWA Women’s Champion Serena Deeb defends against Tay Conti
    The Elite (Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks) will be in action

Plus Cody Rhodes on the Waiting Room with Dr Britt Baker AND Chris Jericho will address Inner Circles New Year’s Resolutions

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Both shows very close this week and what happened in the states was a pity.

I wonder how Cody's Go Big Show did. Be good for AEW if it did good numbers, but the show looks like the dirt worst of a recycled 2005 idea.

Really good numbers for TNT's sister channel.

‘Go-Big Show’ Debuts as TBS’ Most-Watched Unscripted Series Premiere in 3 Years
    Thursday’s series premiere of “Go-Big Show” on TBS marked the best unscripted series launch at the network in three years, according to Nielsen.

The extreme talent competition, hosted by Bert Kreischer, premiered to 1.0 million total viewers and 384,000 in the advertiser-favorite demographic of adults aged 18-49. Those numbers put it ahead of other recent debuts on TBS, including “The Misery Index” and Mayim Bialik’s, celebrity competition show “Celebrity Show-Off.”

“Go-Big Show” also currently stands as the second most-watched new unscripted series on cable this season.

https://www.thewrap.com/go-big-show-debuts-as-tbs-most-watched-unscripted-series-premiere-in-3-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Jericho is unbearable on commentary
    ThePott wrote: »
    Was waiting for the Good Brothers to show up was thinking it might be next week when they teased an Elite segment. Excited to see where it goes. Overall great show but Jericho does my head in on commentary, he shouts over everyone and it's a tough listen.
    Really enjoyable show. Can't stand Jericho on commentary though and hope it doesn't become more regular. Just shouts everything for 2 hours.

JR is going nowhere but would like to see Excalibur, Taz and Tony as the commentary team.

Was Fenix getting his shoulder up a botch or something to return to later (I got my shoulder up)? The fact that Omega's finisher is so protected, I'm thinking it was a botch on Fenix's part.
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Jericho would be miles better on commentary if he weren't doing it in character. He should pay attention to how Taz dials it down on Dark.

Also a big fan of Jericho on commentary. YES he's loud and obnoxious, he's a heel, remember? And he's in character.

As someone else said, I'll take loud obnoxious Jericho having fun, being an arse over the tepid, video-game-like commentary that WWE pushes out. It's so sterile, you could inject it.

• Advertisement

Agree, love Jericho on the headset. He’s an over the top character, why shouldn’t he play that off? I think it’s gas. He also puts people over fairly well even if he kayfabe is supposed to disagree with faces. Would put SCU over as seasoned pros rather than washed up (irony aside) same way that he’d talk about the upside of the Varsity Blondes even though he might hate their stupid hair (again, irony aside). Tony, Jim and Ex can play it straight so it’s alright having an obnoxious asshole there too!

He's the colour commentator though. If he just realised he doesn't have to call every move and shout "OH LOOK AT THAT HE DID A CLOTHESLINE!!" etc after every move. If he just picked his moments to talk I think he'd be a lot better while letting Excalibur or JR call the match. Don't get me wrong he can be genuinely funny on there and has some nice one liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Also a big fan of Jericho on commentary. YES he's loud and obnoxious, he's a heel, remember? And he's in character.
    Yeah he's a heel but on commentary he's not meant to be getting himself over as a heel. Look on Taz on Dark or when Eddie Kingston commentates. Shouting over commentary is unnecessary, it isn't any more effective, those guys still clearly show their allegiances but they're not being loud or obnoxious, you can do both. Just my opinion.

Taz on Dark can’t be comparable. It’s basically him and Excalibur just having the craic, making each other break and throwing around insider terms for the most part. Now I love it and think it’s the best part of the show but it’s not the same ballpark imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

ThePott wrote: »
    Yeah he's a heel but on commentary he's not meant to be getting himself over as a heel. Look on Taz on Dark or when Eddie Kingston commentates. Shouting over commentary is unnecessary, it isn't any more effective, those guys still clearly show their allegiances but they're not being loud or obnoxious, you can do both. Just my opinion.

You're always getting yourself over, brother, brother, brother. :D

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Taz on Dark can’t be comparable. It’s basically him and Excalibur just having the craic, making each other break and throwing around insider terms for the most part. Now I love it and think it’s the best part of the show but it’s not the same ballpark imo.
    Even discounting that plenty of heel commentators don't shout or be as obnoxious as Jericho, it doesn't make me hate him more it just makes me tune out commentary like.
    You're always getting yourself over, brother, brother, brother. :D
    Jericho-Mania is running wild!

Thats the nail on the head for me.

Its different folks and different strokes. I like Eddie but sometimes when he calls someone a jobber or a flip monkey it bothers me. Jericho can bother me too at times.

By in large they both add more to commentary than take away.

Again its better than WWEs commentary booth approach. No matter whos on, its an over produced bore.

And I think when the shackles are off WWEs Cole or Phillips can be great. See Cole at NXT Uks first big show. Its the micromanged, get all our buzz word **** in that ruins it.

ITS BOSS TIME.

THE VIPER

THE DEVILS FAVOURITE DEMON

THE TRIBAL CHIEF

all said in multiples of 100 per segment.

Then lets shill our big segemnt throughout the show rather than focus on the uppermid card match.

Love or hate Jericho, JR or Taz, I know what Id prefer.

I mean I liked Mauro Ranallo which a lot of people didn't so what do I know haha

Didn't someone here say they didn't like Archer's hair.

Well...

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/1348435639495249920?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

Well...

Hopefully he changes his pants too.

Well...

Well in Archer lad.

He looked in great shape recently, especially in the Luke Harper tribute attire.

I hope he doesn't get rid of a great look to become just another generic looking big man.

I hope he doesn't get rid of a great look to become just another generic looking big man.

I thought Strowman and Corbin shaving their heads made them both look way less interesting.

Corbin had no choice. Head like a half eaten apple on a barber shop floor. Braun was slowly getting there too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Corbin had no choice. Head like a half eaten apple on a barber shop floor. Braun was slowly getting there too.

Thought the slicked back greasy look was deadly for his metal douchebag aura. Braun’s long hair with the shaved sides looked class I thought.

• Advertisement

Thought the slicked back greasy look was deadly for his metal douchebag aura. Braun’s long hair with the shaved sides looked class I thought.

At first yeah, until time caught up with them. Braun jumped before it was too late but Corbin was gone too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AEW Unrestricted podcast with Tony Schiavone.

I have to say I like all of AEW's jobbers.

Danny Limelight really has something about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't remember if I asked this or just thought of asking, but how long do you think it'll be until we see a cage match or a similar match along those lines?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't remember if I asked this or just thought of asking, but how long do you think it'll be until we see a cage match or a similar match along those lines?

Tomorrow night. He’s challenging Darby Allin for the TNT Title.

I think he means an actual match inside a Cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The only one so far was Wardlow vs Cody back when there was crowds. Doubt they'd bust it out for a COVID limited audience but you never know.

Forgot about that one

CastorTroy wrote: »

ZING
    I think he means an actual match inside a Cage.

Swing and a miss

• Advertisement

I got the joke. At least I hoped it was a joke. :)

Advertisement