Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jericho, Jackson and Archer all tested positive in Sept for the virus.

The sloppy shop comment Taz made isnt aging well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tay needs a new finisher. It looks so awkward and it was so obvious on Dark.
    To be honest it's the same as the GTS with the amount of times it doesn't seem to even connect.

Still no idea what the story with Lee Johnson is. Part of the Nightmare family but teaming with Aaron Solow?

Looks like Colt has embraced the Dark Order with Brodie gone. He holds up the hand instead of waving.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lee Johnson is savage. Really nimble and the velocity he gets is to top. His match with Ben Carter on Dark a while ago was top tier. He’ll break out some more this year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lee Johnson is savage. Really nimble and the velocity he gets is to top. His match with Ben Carter on Dark a while ago was top tier. He’ll break out some more this year

Agree. Hes got something. Both he and Carter have made decent accounts of themselves in the pandemic year.

Lee has a good look and is very athletic, but I think hes way off his potential. Thats said he has plenty of time and Im sure AEW will help him achieve it.

He needs to lose the too cold Scorpio trunks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I have to say I like all of AEW's jobbers.

Danny Limelight really has something about him.

Danny Limelight is really good, he's had some excellent matches on NJPW Strong too.

Team Taz continue to shine on Dark, Hook killing jobbers on the outside is great. Bear Country are good too, first win in AEW for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It was sad to read Ben Carter went to NXT, he's going to be a star

Getting back to AEW, I love the Commentary of Taz and Excalibur, they really bounce of each other and are just fun to listen too. It's one of my favorite parts of AEW Dark. Personally the dream team for me with be Taz, Excalibur and Schiavone every Wednesday night

Is Leva Bates the worst in ring performer on the whole roster? I know she only wrestles on Dark but she is absolutely awful in every match I've watched her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Danny Limelight is really good, he's had some excellent matches on NJPW Strong too.

Team Taz continue to shine on Dark, Hook killing jobbers on the outside is great. Bear Country are good too, first win in AEW for them.

I love Team Taz, it's a real shame that they're booked like monsters on Dark but have really been made look like fools on Dynamite recently. If Brian Cage loses clean to Darby Allin it will take some work to rebuild them.

I was sceptical of Hobbs' turn at first as I thought he was a natural face, but he's been really good as a heel and the new look really works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I love Team Taz, it's a real shame that they're booked like monsters on Dark but have really been made look like fools on Dynamite recently. If Brian Cage loses clean to Darby Allin it will take some work to rebuild them.

I was sceptical of Hobbs' turn at first as I thought he was a natural face, but he's been really good as a heel and the new look really works.

Am gobsmacked Ricky Starks hasn't been pushed to the moon yet!

Really is a headscratcher!

Even wheh he stands there and says nothing he exudes charisma and just has it!

Only thing I can think of is they are holding off till the crowds return.

He really is the total package and they need to build the company around him going forward.

Really think Ricky will amount to something really special in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Is Leva Bates the worst in ring performer on the whole roster? I know she only wrestles on Dark but she is absolutely awful in every match I've watched her in.

are you forgetting Brandi? she is 10 times worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Of the entire roster, Jungle Boy and Starks are probably the two most likely to be mega stars. There's a tier slightly lower who'll be major wrestling stars, just with less crossover appeal; MJF, Darby, etc. Once "The Elite" era passes, I can imagine we'll see some good years of business with these guys at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Of the entire roster, Jungle Boy and Starks are probably the two most likely to be mega stars. There's a tier slightly lower who'll be major wrestling stars, just with less crossover appeal; MJF, Darby, etc. Once "The Elite" era passes, I can imagine we'll see some good years of business with these guys at the top.

Completely disagree about MJF!

MJF will go onto be one of the biggest names in wrestling in the coming decades!

He has it all!

Completely disagree!

MJF will go onto he one of the biggest names in wrestling in the coming decades!

He has it all!

Is that completely disagreeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cracking match between PAC and Eddie.

Someone tell JR it’s Eddie not Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Kingston is awesome, but he needs to win the odd time, he's lost to cody, mox, now PAC.....

And I wouldn't favour him against archer or either lucha bro, he needs to smash up matt sydal or something next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very interesting between Dark Order and Hangman, not sure how this will play out

It's something to keep Hangman in the spotlight for the next year or so waiting for the match with Kenny and I do think it should take the guts of a year for them to face off.

Also a good time to turn the Dark Order face now so Hangman has back up going against the Elite.

Callis laying the groundwork for a turn on the Bucks.

Lol Well that was quicker than I expected.

I'm not an alcoholic I just drink every time they turn the Bucks.

Callis sneaking Kenny away was great.

The Lucha Bros coming out was a surprise and an interesting one.

• Advertisement

Britt is awesome.

That child will have an action figure before me, 9 months no Brandi ;)

Last time I saw acting this bad in a room with a couch in it.... never mind.

That was a really good match.

Deeb is just so good and a great signing for AEW as a wrestler and coach.

All these young inexperienced woman who have bags of potential are lucky to have her in the company to coach them.

That was cracking Big Man small man match then a bit meh of a finish.

Celebrating -1’s birthday on next week’s episode.

Tony Khan really is good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Tony Schiavone is a killer, I love how he has just been burying Impact on commentary and in the paid adverts since this angle started :D

Good episode again, Conti/Deeb was really good. Some serious accuracy from Cage throwing Darby over the top and through the table too, looked class!

Once again, the show mixes the good with the awful.

Missed the opening match.

Miro v Chuck was perfect for what it needed to be.

Less said about the AEW Champion going 50-50 in a tag match with undercard job guys the better.

And even less said about FTR selling for Marko Stunt the better.

Deeb and Conti was an excellent match. Just do more of this, and less of whatever on earth that Waiting Room thing was supposed to be.

And finally, Allin v Cage worked. Would have preferred to see Team Taz get more involved to draw the Sting save, but if you're going to have Brian Cage lose to a guy weighing 150lbs, they went about it fairly smartly. Downside is Darby will likely not be able to walk in his 40s....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Conti doesn't flow as well as I would like in the ring at times but if she can smooth out her work she could have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have been listening to Jungle Boy new theme song all day today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked like one of Cage's shoulders wasn't down

Advertisement