Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Hands up who knew the front-man from Baltimora (the Italo-disco group who release "Tarzan Boy" in 1985) was originally from Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There was also a Van Halen reference too during the Inner Circle segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There was also a Van Halen reference too during the Inner Circle segment.

That was funny and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Once again, the show mixes the good with the awful.

Missed the opening match.

Miro v Chuck was perfect for what it needed to be.

Less said about the AEW Champion going 50-50 in a tag match with undercard job guys the better.

And even less said about FTR selling for Marko Stunt the better.

Deeb and Conti was an excellent match. Just do more of this, and less of whatever on earth that Waiting Room thing was supposed to be.

And finally, Allin v Cage worked. Would have preferred to see Team Taz get more involved to draw the Sting save, but if you're going to have Brian Cage lose to a guy weighing 150lbs, they went about it fairly smartly. Downside is Darby will likely not be able to walk in his 40s....

I really thought we were over that after the Alan Angles debacle. He let a guy get a few spots in, I can promise you, just like the Angels thing, it won't hurt Kenny. BTW actually really enjoyed that match.

https://twitter.com/MrMinoan/status/1349578620981944321?s=19

Can't say I noticed this (my bad) but really cool storytelling if you're really paying super close attention to the details.

• Advertisement

I really think now they need a Trios title or at the very least a TNT Tag title to keep all the teams occupied especially now they have so many young tag teams that aren't ready for the main Titles yet.

I really think now they need a Trios title or at the very least a TNT Tag title to keep all the teams occupied especially now they have so many young tag teams that aren't ready for the main Titles yet.

Same here but depends on how they're treated. Trios Titles can go one of two ways. You can have them like the NJPW NEVER Trios Titles where they're passed around so much that you struggle to remember who the champions are and you have EVIL giving them up and referring to them as trash. Or you can go down the Dragon Gate Triangle Gate route where the titles signify unit dominance and they don't feel out of place semi main eventing their biggest show of the year. It makes sense that, even in Dragon Gate, they're the titles that are passed around the most (according to Jae Natural Vibes are the 71st champions compared to 50 Twin Gate Champions) but that makes sense given the nature of the titles and trios matches.

It would be good I think. As I've said before, AEW seems like a company ready made for those titles given that the roster is mostly in the style of faction warfare. Where the other titles change hands so rarely, it'd be a good change of pace to have titles that can switch champions a little more regularly.

I'd trust TK and some of the people in that room to do it right given their background.

They have been unlucky the last two weeks with what has been going on in DC.

762k up against the impeachment vote etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wonder if Cage is being set up for a face turn. Between Taz being pissed on commentary and the little looks from Starks, it seems to be going that way.

I'd of had Starks as the breakout face but whatever, Cage seems better as a face anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I wonder if Cage is being set up for a face turn. Between Taz being pissed on commentary and the little looks from Starks, it seems to be going that way.

I'd of had Starks as the breakout face but whatever, Cage seems better as a face anyway.

No way they are breaking anyone away from Team Taz. I'd say a more likely path is we see Cage and Hobbs become a regular tag team

• Advertisement

NITRO95 wrote: »
    No way they are breaking anyone away from Team Taz. I'd say a more likely path is we see Cage and Hobbs become a regular tag team

POWERCAGE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A very entertaining episode of Dynamite.

Great opener, love both these guys and it went about the right amount of time. I agree that Kingston has lost too much though, a cheating win here would have surficed.

Miro vs Chuck was grand for what it was. Miro has been booked better in recent weeks and while I dislike Taylor, I dont mind the butler angle on the horizon. Seems like he will be butler just until the wedding.

Codys waiting room angle. Baker is killing it character wise and I enjoy how old school her segment is. Love the set. But Brandi Rhodes can fcuk right off. She has go away heat for me. Jade has a presence and appears to have star luke qualities. Early days though.

I enjoyed the trios match and the angke around it. Kenny and the GB are good sports allowing these virtual jobbers some offence but the faces got way too much offence. Kenny shoukd be steam rolling them. I liked the Callis swerve at teh start but I hate seeing Gallows wrestle. Liked the shmoz afterwards. Callis has been the missing piece for me with Kenny. Everything Kenny lacks is being brought by Callis.

Limelight is one for the future. Very impressed with him.

Inner Circle segment was good. Short but effective.

Enjoyed FTR vs JE. All four worked hard and the right team won. Whats next for FTR?

Womens match was good but Deeb does nothing for me. Shes a good wrestler but shes as bland as bread.

Main event was excellent. Didnt cop the crucifix finish story, realising that is the cherry on top.

Overall another fine show. Look at the interest in this show compared to Raw,Smackdown and NXT. Its night and day. I still watch NXT, but i FF Raw and Smackdown in probably 29 mins each I havent skipped any of AEW.... ever.

Starks to Team Taz is what MJF is to the inner circle ..... when hes ready, he will take over and lead. He has it all, just needs time to let the storys develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Penta the only guy not going by his usual ring name in AEW?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is Penta the only guy not going by his usual ring name in AEW?

I think AAA own the rights so he changed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed the episode overall. Thought, and this is maybe being over critical, that it was a bit too noticeable at times that Cage was propelling himself backwards rather than being knocked over. It was hard to make it realistic given the size difference but I just felt it was a little bit too obvious occasionally.

Dr Britt Baker's waiting room was enjoyably old school wrestling shtick, done well. Also, I'm far too old to have crushes but Tay Conti mamma mia. Still has a bit to go in the ring but it was a decent match. Hadn't seen Serena in years she looks well and is very smooth, good opponent for many of the AEW women who are inexperienced.

Deeb is being bulit up to put someone over. She wont be the top dig in the division but she will make whom ever she outs over a star. Like a more bland Curt Hennig

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Deeb is being bulit up to put someone over. She wont be the top dig in the division but she will make whom ever she outs over a star. Like a more bland Curt Hennig

Yep she's a coach who can still go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »

Who do you think she'll drop the title to? Deeb comes across as legit and a cut above so it's tough to see a legitimate foe from the roster available.

Deeb is on an AEW contract as well I believe so whoever beats her will have to be NWA approved. I don't see it being Thunder Rosa as she seems to be properly AEW now much like Starks and Kingston.

But would she drop the title on a non NWA show?

• Advertisement

Who knows who or if shed drop it. As with most things AEW, Im along for the ride. The booking for most part has been top drawer. The womens Division hasnt food its feet yet. But give them time

They could do with a couple more experienced women just to bring the younger or less experienced ones on. Not quite sure who, but there's bound to be some who'd be interested and wouldn't rock the boat too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Here's a question and I suspect AEW are debating it as well.

We know the women's division is not up to scratch, should AEW sign Tessa Blanchard with all her supposed problems?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Pentecost wrote: »
    They could do with a couple more experienced women just to bring the younger or less experienced ones on. Not quite sure who, but there's bound to be some who'd be interested and wouldn't rock the boat too much.

They could use their current partnership with Impact to bring over a few people maybe, Taya and Rosemary are pretty experienced

Headshot wrote: »
    Here's a question and I suspect AEW are debating it as well.

We know the women's division is not up to scratch, should AEW sign Tessa Blanchard with all her supposed problems?

Shes a liability and a risk. Its not out of the realms of possibility.

Shes a risk they dont need IMO. Just give those they have time.

If I was Kahn, Id throw money at Trish on a short term deal to get some girls over.

They need o sit down and figure things out about the women.
    Like why did Tay get a title shot? Why is Brandi involved in a storyline? I'm sure if she wasn't pregnant, she would be in the Red Velvet role.
    At least Britt and Rosa have a bit of a story.
    How many women do they have, including non contracted regulars? Do the same writers write for the men and women?

And I think Britt's show should stay on Dark as I think it suits that better.

The women's division just needs a booker with a focus on making the division respectable. There's enough talent there to make things work; if you can salvage Nyla Rose, get the most out of Baker's promos, then do what you can in the ring with the better workers like Deeb, Shida and Thunder Rosa. You could have at least one decent angle at any given time. Once you establish the division, then you slowly add depth with quality recruits from other companies as they become available.

Forget using the division to get Brandi over. Forget gimmicks like Abadon. Forget the Raw-like angles like the Jade/Cody/Shaq thing. Just book a bloody division.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Penelope Ford has been criminally underused. She’s genuinely exciting in the ring and has a great look too. Hopefully they use her more

We have 2 men's singles titles and the tag titles and you could list a number of likely contenders for them but for the women I couldn't tell you who the number 1 contender is. Looking at rankings, Big Swole is highest rank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And that’s essentially with two women’s world titles on their shows. Having the NWA title on there isn’t needed.

Advertisement