Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jericho needs to get back out touring with Fozzy 6/8 months of touring doing 3/4/5 gigs a week for two hours a night would help Jericho get back into shape, I'd say being at home for a year he has been drinking a few more bottles of A Little Bit of the Bubbly than he normally would.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jericho needs to get back out touring with Fozzy 6/8 months of touring doing 3/4/5 gigs a week for two hours a night would help Jericho get back into shape, I'd say being at home for a year he has been drinking a few more bottles of A Little Bit of the Bubbly than he normally would.

Id say the drinking and partying on tours could be the nail in his physical shape coffin.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jericho tweeted that he's gonna do the Lionsault twice this week to prove people wrong. Whether he is joking or not remains to be seen.

I do enjoy his attitude. Fcuk the haters Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It should be his last match, but if he got into better shape he can still go.

Look at Steamboat when he fought Jericho at Backlash, I think Steamer was 54 and he was in great condition.

No reason why Jericho cant get back into shape (though its harder to lose it as you get older) and reel back the years.

This Jericho right now is not what I wanna see. Id love to see him lose to MJF and come back in 6 months and kill it.

I dont think it will happen though. With no touring, he surely has the chance to get in shape more so than other years.

He's slowed down something wicked. I went and watched his Wrestle Kingdom match with Omega a few days ago, and even the difference between the shape he was in then and the output compared to now, he's fallen off a cliff. There's no cut and dry rule, some guys fall off badly at a certain age like Undertaker (or this year think Sekimoto, Suwama) and some guys are still great even past their 50th birthday (Minoru Suzuki, Mochizuki spring to mind).

Jericho spent so much of the year goofing around with Orange Cassidy that when he got back to working his drop off seems really stark and sudden.

He's always been a super smart worker, mostly he's been able to disguise the shortcomings in recent years but more and more, they're becoming tougher to hide.

It's sad, I like Jericho, but I do think this long story should be it for him as a regular in ring wrestler.

To be fair Jericho is 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lads, I love Jericho. He consistently cracks me up. Couldn’t give a rats about anything else. I watch wrestling to be entertained and he entertains me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lads, I love Jericho. He consistently cracks me up. Couldn’t give a rats about anything else. I watch wrestling to be entertained and he entertains me

Same he never fails to make me laugh on commentary, the Demo God is a gem.

I'm not against him continuing to wrestle btw, I just think he'll be done as a regular in ring guy within the next 12 months. If that did happen I'd really hope he sticks around as a commentator or in TV role.

Him as an ageing deluded fool guiding a few younger lads would be good craic. Already is tbh.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Him as an ageing deluded fool guiding a few younger lads would be good craic. Already is tbh.

I love him on commentary.

• Advertisement

Jungle Boy vs Cash could be a cracker.

A stip has been added that Harwood and Tully will be handcuffed to Luchasaurus

Miro looking jacked as fcuk.

Pretty Peter was robbed.

-1 takes over the commentary booth :) and he is better than anything the WWE have on offer right now.

Then gives the beat down to Pillman Jr

Perfect Lionsault.

Amazes me that considering the rubbish AEW have on display, and push, that Pillman Jr is treated like a jobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Amazes me that considering the rubbish AEW have on display, and push, that Pillman Jr is treated like a jobber.

Pillman Jr is a JAG. Dude wouldn't be anywhere near national TV without his name. Griff Garrison is 5 times the prospect Pillman is.

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Pillman Jr is a JAG. Dude wouldn't be anywhere near national TV without his name.

Totally disagree.

He's more talented than 85% of the AEW roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Totally disagree.

AEW obviously don't see it that way if they have him being beaten back/down and selling for a little kid.

AEW obviously don't see it that way if they have him being beaten back/down and selling for a little kid.

He did that for the kid because he knows what the kid is going through.

That’s say a lot about the man he is more than the wrestler he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

It's nothing about him agreeing to do it. It's nothing about the kind of man or wrestler he is.

I fully empathise with the kid and the horrible time that he's had, and what he's lost BUT (and even if it's Pillman's idea) I think that AEW saying 'yeah let's do that/ok you can do that' on a broadcast show demonstrates that they don't see him as someone that they see much in.

There are plenty of ways to do things for the kid without making talent look like jobbers or worse, Pillman himself did it with his instagram videos , Liv and Tyson did it with their instagram videos. All of this off the official product. Even AEW did plenty of things for him on the official product that didn't lessen guys.

If that was AEW bookings idea then it shows that they just see him as a schmuck
    If it was Pillman's idea and AEW said, sure let's run with that then it just shows they see him as a schmuck and if he doesn't care about his future presentation then why should they.

In my opinion there's a time and a place for doing nice things and making a child dealing with loss feel better. That wasn't it though.

What was it Scott Hall said "it ain't show friends, it's show business"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

67 year old Tully Blanchard doing a spike piledriver. Good grief.

• Advertisement

Totally disagree.

In what ways is he more talented that the majority of the roster cos I don't see it

It's nothing about him agreeing to do it. It's nothing about the kind of man or wrestler he is.

I fully empathise with the kid and the horrible time that he's had, and what he's lost BUT (and even if it's Pillman's idea) I think that AEW saying 'yeah let's do that/ok you can do that' on a broadcast show demonstrates that they don't see him as someone that they see much in.

There are plenty of ways to do things for the kid without making talent look like jobbers or worse, Pillman himself did it with his instagram videos , Liv and Tyson did it with their instagram videos. All of this off the official product. Even AEW did plenty of things for him on the official product that didn't lessen guys.

If that was AEW bookings idea then it shows that they just see him as a schmuck
    If it was Pillman's idea and AEW said, sure let's run with that then it just shows they see him as a schmuck and if he doesn't care about his future presentation then why should they.

In my opinion there's a time and a place for doing nice things and making a child dealing with loss feel better. That wasn't it though.

What was it Scott Hall said "it ain't show friends, it's show business"

This is spot on. Look at the people Brodie Jr has embarrassed on Dark & Dynamite. Marko Stunt, Luther & Serpentico and Pillman Jr a really whos who of absolute geeks and guys who'll never get a push

Anyway, dirt worst Pillman takes aside, that was an interesting episode of Dynamite.

The Jungle Boy/Dax match was an excellent TV match. Every single weekly wrestling show should have a match like that. It built well, it had a purpose (give Jungle Boy a meaningful singles win on TV and build the tag match between FTR and Jungle Express) and a clean as day finish.

The main event was a lot of fun. No American team, ever, puts together those big multi man matches like The Young Bucks do, it's a treat seeing them. And Mox laying out Omega in the post match was pretty sweet too. Also loved Mox's promo.

Definitely worth noting the increased use of the Bullet Club name on this show. Also absolutely worth noting the Speedball Mike Bailey reference on commentary. Speedball is a guy who, if he didn't have that visa issue, would've been signed years ago, a genuinely world class pro wrestler with a slate of interesting matches in AEW were that to happen. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,279 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Do posters not do know Pillman Jr is contracted with MLW and not AEW.

He can wrestle with them because of his contract but AEW cannot sign him even if they wanted to.

Headshot wrote: »
    Do posters not do know Pillman Jr is contracted with MLW and not AEW.

He can wrestle with them because of his contract but AEW cannot sign him even if they wanted to.

He'll be an AEW guy soon enough. He's pretty much finished up with MLW. Though 85% more talented than the rest of the roster had me spitting my frosted shreddies, I can only assume they're watching the Network and talking about his dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This week's AEW Unrestricted podcast was a tough listen, especially as it was Amanda Huber.

https://omny.fm/shows/aew-unrestricted/amanda-huber

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Pillman Jr is exactly where he needs to be 3 years in, and he'll only benefit from having more experienced guys walking him through matches. Absolutely a victim of no live shows though.

He's got some terrible habits that need to be fixed if he's going to be on TV with any sort of regularity though, and the effort he put in in his last few MLW matches make me question his attitude, but I wouldn't be nailing his coffin shut just yet.

Comes across like a ****ing moron on twitter though.....

Thought that was a much better show than last week, a return to form. Really liked Dax/Jungle Boy, they had some good chemistry together.

The main was good too, AEW have done a nice job of building to Beach Break, looking forward to the six-man and Britt/Rosa. Liked the Darby/Sting and Team Taz bits too, and of course the picture perfect Lionsault, I'm sure Cornette and the rest of the critics loved that!

Just another very enjoyable episode of Dynamite.

Team Taz needed to segment so much. They looked like killers and now look a threat, even if it was just geeks they battered. Still plenty of time to build them up more but they need another showcase or two like that. Hook sounded great, didn’t know what he’d be like. Hobbs as a baddie is brilliant, he was uninteresting as a babyface but not anymore. Darby and Sting going first on promo was a good change of pace and Team Taz getting the last word was required and I’m glad they did.

Enjoyed Baker vs Shanna, Britt’s character work is second to none and Reba (not Rebel) is a constant riot as the doofus sidekick. Love that Britt won’t let her share the pyro on the way out.

Jungle Boy vs Dax was the best. Loved it.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing pretty much nobody here watches NJPW Strong but Mox showed up on the latest episode and laid out KENTA with the Deathrider.

It was great, and confirms we will get KENTA/Mox for the US title. That forbidden door between AEW and New Japan just opened a little more, and Ibushi and Omega are teasing on Twitter that they'd like to blow the door off the hinges completely!

Advertisement