Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

It was great, and confirms we will get KENTA/Mox for the US title. That forbidden door between AEW and New Japan just opened a little more

How so? Doesn't Moxley have it in his contract that he can work for NJPW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

How so? Doesn't Moxley have it in his contract that he can work for NJPW?

The reported dispute has always been that he was not allowed work American dates for NJPW.

I mean the hints and references have been ramping up for weeks. If/when it happens I really would love them to hold off until there's proper full crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh exactly, Mox couldn't work the American dates before, it's why he was in the B Block in the G1 and the show in Texas had the opening round from the A Block.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Decent episode this week, plenty if improvement from last weeks.

The opener was ok. Kingston and Lance didnt click for me I enjoyed the finish.

The Inner circle implosion ticks on nicely and felt the tag match was better than it should have been since MJF is still along way off in ringwise, as is Pillman and Griff, while Jericho is mostly hard to watch these days. Liked his Lionsault but he should drop it still.

Jungle Boy is just so good and his match with Dax was a superb TV match. Hes a star in the making and rarely puts a step wrong since joining AEW. Hes also bulked up a littke too. Loving the feud, loved the match and the afters. No complaints. A near perfect TV match.

Shaq v Cody doesn't interest me at all. Codys theme music drives me nuts.

Baker again shows that her excellent character work can make up for her less than in ring skills. Shes the AEW version of The Miz pre MITB cash in.

Moxs promo was fun and Pacs wasnt bad.

Enjoying the Bullet Club angle, well im very curious as Im unsure of the end game. Its an odd road so far in places but its got me intrigued.

The 8 man was great, perfect use of Gallows and Anderson. In Normal tags I despise them but here was more enjoyable The Bucks and Dark order carried it but TGB played their part.

I expected some Adam Page involvement considering he is linked with all involved. Curious to see how Page and Money Matt goes.

Liked Team Tazs segment, with Starks looking great but they need more of this in the run up to the PPV.

All in all, I enjoyed it esp JB v Dax.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Are Gallows and Anderson presented as Impact champs on AEW, or just as Bullet Club guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are Gallows and Anderson presented as Impact champs on AEW, or just as Bullet Club guys?

They carry the straps on tv and their chyron always says Impact World Tag Team Champions. They’ve actually worked it into the storyline when they said Kenny Omega would be teaming with the world tag champs in the main event of Dynamite a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I did get a laugh when Jungle Boy's new theme kicked in. The crowds will inevitably milk that to death when they're back.

I did get a laugh when Jungle Boy's new theme kicked in. The crowds will inevitably milk that to death when they're back.

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's been stuck in my head since. Apparently the singer is from Derry too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I love it.

So do I, but it's one of those things that I can see getting over to a fault like the What! chants. They'll be doing it in non Jungle Boy related segments.

I do like how Tony's spending on song rights however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's been stuck in my head since. Apparently the singer is from Derry too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan_Boy

Brian Pillman Jr improves with every match.

Brian Pillman Jr improves with every match.

The only way is up, he has a long way to go. Still very green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

KENTA asking on Twitter how far it is from Orlando to Jacksonville :D

The man is some tease, his post-match interviews and Twitter game have been on point since he went to New Japan in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Mightedly impressed with 'Jungle Boy' Jack Perry again last week and his new theme 'Tarzan Boy' is gonna be flipping epic when the fans are back in sold out arenas,singing along to it!

Definite future AEW World Champion.Has all the tools to be one of the greats!

Shoutout to Dax Harwood as he was really brilliant in the match with Jungle Boy as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mightedly impressed with 'Jungle Boy' Jack Perry again last week and his new theme 'Tarzan Boy' is gonna be flipping epic when the fans are back in sold out arenas,singing along to it!

Shoutout to Cash Wheeler as he was really brilliant in the match with Jungle Boy as well!

Yeah, him and Tully were class on the outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah, him and Tully were class on the outside!

Woops.Always mix up their names!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Shoutout to Dax Harwood as he was really brilliant in the match with Jungle Boy as well!

Absolutely wonderful match. That theme song would've been ridiculous if there were sold out crowds. Could only imagine what it would sound like to hear an entire arena singing it.

Absolutely wonderful match. That theme song would've been ridiculous if there were sold out crowds. Could only imagine what it would sound like to hear an entire arena singing it.

I think the crowds will butcher it. Its a tricky sing a long tune

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think the crowds will butcher it. Its a tricky sing a long tune

The Gunns seemed to "nail" it fine :pac: half the crowd that was there kinda joined in. It was just nice to hear something other than Judas for the millionth time.

• Advertisement

The Gunns seemed to "nail" it fine :pac: half the crowd that was there kinda joined in. It was just nice to hear something other than Judas for the millionth time.

Yeah the Gunns did fine but add in 9000 more people, most of whom have consumed alcohol and it will be horrible off key.

Barney Gumble-esque audio at best.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah the Gunns did fine but add in 9000 more people, most of whom have consumed alcohol and it will be horrible off key.

Barney Gumble-esque audio at best.

Hey, don't forget that Barney was an essential part of the B Sharps. ;)

Hey, don't forget that Barney was an essential part of the B Sharps. ;)

I had him taking off on a jetpack more in mind. Solid singing career before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jealous third wheel Tony cracked me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tony K on his paid ad on Impact say he is so enjoying wrestling right now and that is the reason he let Mox appear on NJPW Strong.

Now that is Tony linking the 3 promotions in ongoing storylines.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I heard that lasts week 8 man tag match was the most edited match in AEW history, due to Gallows and Andersons "w*****g off and smoking pot" mannerisms .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I heard that lasts week 8 man tag match was the most edited match in AEW history, due to Gallows and Andersons "w*****g off and smoking pot" mannerisms .

Those two are the drizzling shíts.

I was semi-interested in Omega being this roaming world champion but as soon as he hooked up with those two it killed any interest I had on the spot.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Those two are the drizzling shíts.

I was semi-interested in Omega being this roaming world champion but as soon as he hooked up with those two it killed any interest I had on the spot.

Being fair, Karl Anderson's G1 Climax Final performance against Okada is better than any performance of 90% of wrestler's you'll ever see so drizzling s**** is a bit harsh I think.

And if that's really what killed your interest then I suspect you weren't sticking around anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Being fair, Karl Anderson's G1 Climax Final performance against Okada is better than any performance of 90% of wrestler's you'll ever see so drizzling s**** is a bit harsh I think.

And if that's really what killed your interest then I suspect you weren't sticking around anyway.

I see this mentioned all the time with Anderson. It was a decade ago. A one hit wonder match.

Wrestling's equivalent of Wigan winning the FA Cup.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I see this mentioned all the time with Anderson. It was a decade ago. A one hit wonder match.

Wrestling's equivalent of Wigan winning the FA Cup.

Had a cracking few matches against Nakamura too. One in particular for the IC Title was an easy **** 1/2, maybe ****3/4 match. Point being if you can think of a handful of great matches, he's hardly the drizzling s****

Advertisement