Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had a cracking few matches against Nakamura too. One in particular for the IC Title was an easy **** 1/2, maybe ****3/4 match. Point being if you can think of a handful of great matches, he's hardly the drizzling s****

Lars Sullivan has a 5 Star match under his belt. The stock put into that system is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Had a cracking few matches against Nakamura too. One in particular for the IC Title was an easy **** 1/2, maybe ****3/4 match. Point being if you can think of a handful of great matches, he's hardly the drizzling s****

Ah hes very bland in the ring, nothing crazy bad.... nothing crazy good IMO. Saddled with Gallows does him no favours. Wouldnt agree that his matches with Nakamura were that good. They were better than his usual standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Omackeral wrote: »
    Lars Sullivan has a 5 Star match under his belt. The stock put into that system is mad.

I hope I'm not being dumb here but does he? All of Anderson's big matches that I'm talking about are big singles bouts. Numerous G1 matches (off the top of my head had an absolute banger with Michael Elgin at Korakuen Hall) and some older classics (vs Tanahashi at New Beginning 2013). Like sorry but if Anderson is considering "the drizzling s****" then the majority (and I'm talking like probably over 70% of pro wrestlers) are worse.

Weird timing too considering he's coming off a really good Hard to Kill ppv main event trios match.

I think Omack is refering to a multi man ladder latch with Lars.

Thats a fun match but IMO its not 5 stars. The stars rating system is subjective anyway.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah hes very bland in the ring, nothing crazy bad.... nothing crazy good IMO. Saddled with Gallows does him no favours. Wouldnt agree that his matches with Nakamura were that good. They were better than his usual standard.

I'm not making a case for Anderson as wrestler of the year but I think with a deep dive into his career there's some real good stuff there, there has to be given that he was in the G1 like every year at the peak of NJPW. I'd say he's definitely above the average level of mainstream pro wrestlers.

• Advertisement

I'm not making a case for Anderson as wrestler of the year but I think with a deep dive into his career there's some real good stuff there, there has to be given that he was in the G1 like every year at the peak of NJPW. I'd say he's definitely above the average level of mainstream pro wrestlers.

I wont call him a **** wrestler, but he gas go away heat from me. Seeing him and Gallows immediately makes me groan. Yes hes not Yokozunna bad or Mabel bad, but he just does nothing for me personally and the combo of him and Gallows isnt one I like to more in AEW.

The multi man matches, with 4 or more assisting players, is how Id prefer to see them used. Like the 8 man tag last week.

I think Omack is refering to a multi man ladder latch with Lars.

Thats a fun match but IMO its not 5 stars. The stars rating system is subjective anyway.

I really had to go searching for that one.

But anyway a guy whose worked as many tours of NJPW (at a time when in ring the only comparison in history is early to mid 90's AJPW) and being a pushed and (relatively) protected commodity, he's far from the drizzling s****

I really had to go searching for that one.

But anyway a guy whose worked as many tours of NJPW (at a time when in ring the only comparison in history is early to mid 90's AJPW) and being a pushed and (relatively) protected commodity, he's far from the drizzling s****

Can you honestly say you get excited when you see Andreson and Gallows in tag action though?

I think the poster who originally called him the drilzling ****s was probably just exaggerating. Im sure he just has go away heat for them as a team. Andreson is mostly guilty by association IMO

I wont call him a **** wrestler, but he gas go away heat from me. Seeing him and Gallows immediately makes me groan. Yes hes not Yokozunna bad or Mabel bad, but he just does nothing for me personally and the combo of him and Gallows isnt one I like to more in AEW.

The multi man matches, with 4 or more assisting players, is how Id prefer to see them used. Like the 8 man tag last week.

I can't say I love his team with Gallows either. I'd like to see him work some singles but at this stage of his career it's probably going to be multi man tags from here on out. Definitely think he has a role to play in those though.

Can you honestly say you get excited when you see Andreson and Gallows in tag action though?

I used to get hyped for Anderson's G1 run every year but, no I don't look forward to the Anderson/Gallows tag bell to bell.

I think that can be true and also that in ring he's absolutely in the top 30% of workers in say, AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Like them or not The Good Brothers have found their niche and are making better money than 75% of professional wrestlers and in a business that will chew you and spit you out as just quick as it will take you in well all I’ll say is fair play to them.

They don’t make me switch the channel like a lot of wrestlers do.

I used to get hyped for Anderson's G1 run every year but, no I don't look forward to the Anderson/Gallows tag bell to bell.

I think that can be true and also that in ring he's absolutely in the top 30% of workers in say, AEW.

I wouldnt say 30 percent. Personally, maybe top 60 percent for me. But Id really have to run the numbers. Its a guess TBH.

Like them or not The Good Brothers have found their niche and are making better money than 75% of professional wrestlers and in a business that will chew you and spit you out as just quick as it will take you in well all I’ll say is fair play to them.

They don’t make me switch the channel like a lot of wrestlers do.

No doubt and power to them for making the money. Gotta admire their hustle.

Still rather not watch them though myself.

I wouldnt say 30 percent. Personally, maybe top 60 percent for me. But Id really have to run the numbers. Its a guess TBH.

😂 If there's ever a day where we're very bored and nothing is happening we can list every AEW roster member and then reach a consensus on whether Anderson is better or worse than each one. Run the numbers Beakerjoe!

Mightedly impressed with 'Jungle Boy' Jack Perry again last week

He's gonna be money.

He's gonna be money.

Hes a great underdog babyface. Very talented in ring great look, age on his side and the only way is up.

I literally cant say a bad thing about him.

I re-watched The Acclaimed music video from Dark and I have to say it made me smile a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Jungle Boy's look and character will have to change over time but there's no rush at all.

That is the one good thing JR has done for me using his real name when calling his matches Jungle Boy Jack Perry.

Because he will grow out of the Boy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,279 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I re-watched The Acclaimed music video from Dark and I have to say it made me smile a lot.

I do enjoy their raps, always enjoyable

• Advertisement

Tony Khan was asked on the Jericho podcast today what stuff does he regret booking on AEW and his answer was the Matt Hardy teleportation stuff. At least he admits it. I hated it at the time.

JR calling Thunder Rosa Shida during the match Excalibur having to cover for him again.

Tony who was out of the game for the guts of 20 years and puts him to shame.

A tournament for the woman's title one side to take place in Japan featuring the Japanese talent and one side to take place in the US with US based talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I will always mark out for the Sinister Minister. Also Maki Itoh!

Penelope Ford is a stunning looking woman.

Nice to see Bear Country involved in the lumberjack match

KENTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

KENTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about damn time.

So one wonders now, is that door between AEW & NJPW open?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

KENTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame the GTS looked weak. Luckily Mox sold it like Shawn Michaels selling for Hulk Hogan. WTF? way to ruin a moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shame the GTS looked weak. Luckily Mox sold it like Shawn Michaels selling for Hulk Hogan. WTF? way to ruin a moment.

What was that about? Absurd way to sell.

Advertisement