Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just waiting for the crossover of Pieter and Allie. Battle of the Bunnies.

Out of curiosity, I was googling to see if Kip and Penelope were married in real life and seems the wedding here was legit. Guess that's why it didn't really have any interruptions until after

That in ring wedding cant have been legit.

Like what Bride really wants to get married like that?

Im not buying that as legit. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is love? Baby dont hurt me was brilliant

Just loved the show over all but in saying that what is up with the lineup for next week?

Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela

Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson vs. Pretty Peter Avalon & Cezar Bononi

Not exactly top matches.......

Headshot wrote: »

Just loved the show over all but in saying that what is up with the lineup for next week?

Janela gets all the shots doesnt he. Like a gatekeeper for new champions. That match will be a smooze with Team Taz interference.

Sting and Allins segments have been in a holding pattern way too long. No progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

beakerjoe wrote: »

I guess one who can't have a normal wedding due to restrictions.

That was probably the ceremony but probably made official backstage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

beakerjoe wrote: »

It would be extremely carny if it was legit anyway. As an aside is there anything worse in wrestling than wedding storylines. They're always awful and never lead to anything worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Every week can’t be PPV level matches. Can’t build any new stars that way. Avalon and Johnson have been dueling on Dark and deserve a shot. Lee Johnson in particular has been great and is worthy.

Darby vs Janela could be good fun too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

They've gotten really good at peaking stories or having major angles happen on these special edition Dynamites. Why that is, it's a different discussion, but after this week's show those are two perfectly good matches to announce. Darby Allin/Janela will inevitably have some fracas involving Team Taz and Sting but the work itself should be fantastic, these guys have great chemistry together.

And you're getting a Lights Out, no DQ tag of Omega/KENTA vs Mox and Archer as your main event. That's like a PPV quality main event. It's a big deal, that I really think should do a real strong number.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

kksaints wrote: »
    It would be extremely carny if it was legit anyway. As an aside is there anything worse in wrestling than wedding storylines. They're always awful and never lead to anything worthwhile.

Aside from the greatest reveal in wrestling history...

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess one who can't have a normal wedding due to restrictions.

That was probably the ceremony but probably made official backstage

Ah now, I get that are restrictions, but did you hear the vows, it was all cheap and sleezy. It cant be taken seriously.

As a wrestling story wedding it was poor.

If its a real ceremony it was cheap trash.

If they had a separate ceremony backstage or at another venue thats fine, but if that was their actual wedding legitimately I feel sorry for both of them. Carny ****e is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Tell you what though, even though the dumb wedding did nothing for me. It went head to head with the Edge segment on NXT in the top of the hour quarter and I'm excited to see how that went because the sneaking suspicion must be that the wedding destroyed Edge in that quarter.

• Advertisement

Tell you what though, even though the dumb wedding did nothing for me. It went head to head with the Edge segment on NXT in the top of the hour quarter and I'm excited to see how that went because the sneaking suspicion must be that the wedding destroyed Edge in that quarter.

Me too. It sucked me in if Im honest.... I was expecting something big. The fact is, despite it bombing, I bet it did well. The expectation of a big pay off would have pulled in viewers. Id say it had people changing the channel by the climax of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Makes me laugh the amount of bitching and moaning people do on here and other social media platforms!

Obviously AEW will not get everything right but they hit it out of the park plenty!

I am extremely grateful they are here and helped me fall in love with wrestling all over again!

I enjoyed the wedding segment for what it was!Some very funny lines and I enjoy how smarmy Kip is!James Mitchell was great as well!

When Miro is left off the leash and turns on Kip I'm sure he will be portrayed as the beast he is!

Thought Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa was a fantastic match and Britt really is destined for greatness!Thunder Rosa and also Serena Deeb when she's on are absolutely wonderful wrestlers and are a joy to watch!

The 6 man main event was a wonderful match as well.Ray Fenix really is an amazing wrestler and I could watch him all day.Pac is a brilliant watch as well and deserves to be in the main event picture!

Also delighted seeing Kenny Omega being treated as the megastar he is!

Really hope Lance Archer starts getting pushed now!

Hugely excited for the Women’s World Championship Eliminator Tournament!Fingers crossed Britt Baker wins it!

Makes me laugh the amount of bitching and moaning people do on here and other social media platforms!

Obviously AEW will not get everything right but they hit it out of the park plenty!

I am extremely grateful they are here and helped me fall in love with wrestling all over again!

I enjoyed the wedding segment for what it was!Some very funny lines and I enjoy how smarmy Kip is!James Mitchell was great as well!

When Miro is left off the leash and turns on Kip I'm sure he will be portrayed as the beast he is!

Thought Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa was a fantastic match and Britt really is destined for greatness!Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb are absolutely wonderful wrestlers and are a joy to watch!

The 6 man main event was a wonderful match as well.Ray Fenix really is an amazing wrestler and I could watch him all day.Pac is a brilliant watch as well and deserves to be in the main event picture!

Also delighted seeing Kenny Omega being treated as the megastar he is!

Really hope Lance Archer starts getting pushed now!

Dude, Im happy you get a laugh. :pac:

Man we all nearly agree that AEW knocks it out of the park. No one is doubting that. But AEW is fair game for critical review.

The wedding sucked. IMO one of the worst wedding segments in wrestling (a low bar right) . Big long build and no pay off. The jokes were lame and not funny. Kip has zero appeal as a character and Miro is not showing his best side. As a segment it was awful.

Im glad you enjoyed it. You're one of the few.

Dynamite was bookended by 2 great matches, has plenty of great stories going on and is the most enjoyable weekly show in the USA. But lets be real, the segment was a big missed opportunity. Big fail. They can recover it and I hope they do, but it blew big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

James Mitchell was class and Miro had some funny lines. Look I've seen worse segments but the end of it was a shambles.

Chuck Taylor has a ways to go in understanding the camera.

As soon as James Mitchell exited it was worse than any wedding WWE have ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D is now getting herself an action figure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D is now getting herself an action figure :)

Should've had one in the first wave of action figures, not the 5th wave, but better late than never I guess.

Doesn't Cody have something like 7 different figures so far :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Doesn't Cody have something like 7 different figures so far :pac:

8 if you include the one just for his ego :pac:

JK

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Overall another decent Dynamite bar the Wedding which just wasnt entertaining.

The ending of the show was great, tbh could you image if they had a full crowd, Kenta comes out as he did but didnt take of the mask straight away. Does the GTS, then takes off his jumper with a CM Punk shirt(or something to reference him) but then takes the mask of for the swerve as to be KENTA.

Im guessing Sammy will be the first victim of the new Inner Circle? MJF will turn the IC against Sammy but Jericho will be reluctant until he finally does it for the IC. Sammy is on his own, till eventually MJF gets Jericho kicked out too, then at some stage Sammy comes for the save of Jericho. They could do a swerve when Sammy comes to save Jericho but he actually turns on him as that was the original plan? Maybe ive gone overboard with the booking ha

• Advertisement

Im guessing Sammy will be the first victim of the new Inner Circle? MJF will turn the IC against Sammy but Jericho will be reluctant until he finally does it for the IC. Sammy is on his own, till eventually MJF gets Jericho kicked out too, then at some stage Sammy comes for the save of Jericho. They could do a swerve when Sammy comes to save Jericho but he actually turns on him as that was the original plan? Maybe ive gone overboard with the booking ha

Whatever happens with the inner circle, I hope it leads to Santana and Ortiz being used better. Two of the most underutilized guys in the company for me. I know the tag division is stacked but they're a great team and hopefully they go onto bigger and better things.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Whatever happens with the inner circle, I hope it leads to Santana and Ortiz being used better. Two of the most underutilized guys in the company for me. I know the tag division is stacked but they're a great team and hopefully they go onto bigger and better things.

Yea agree about Santana/Ortiz, if they dont have MJF/Jericho take the titles off The Bucks(which id be shocked if they drop the titles) they could build Santana/Ortiz with the history they have with the Bucks and to them taking the titles to prove they are best tag team in the IC.

I’ve been saying it for a year, Santana and Ortiz as a babyface tag team is where it’s at. Ortiz has the comedic chops and Santana’s sympathetic interview with JR for the Moxley fight shows how good he is. Theyre also cool as f*ck, that’s something you can’t teach. I’m all in on P n P and have been for ages. They need to break away from the Inner Circle but I am enjoying the subtle storytelling for same.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I’ve been saying it for a year, Santana and Ortiz as a babyface tag team is where it’s at. Ortiz has the comedic chops and Santana’s sympathetic interview with JR for the Moxley fight shows how good he is. Theyre also cool as f*ck, that’s something you can’t teach. I’m all in on P n P and have been for ages. They need to break away from the Inner Circle but I am enjoying the subtle storytelling for same.

One of the headaches AEW have, and its a good headache, is that they are stacked with very entertaining tag teams

Top Flight
    Young Bucks
    The Acclaimed
    SCU
    Dark Order
    Lucha Bros
    Butcher and the Blade
    Jurassic Express
    FTR
    Private Party

An embarrassment of riches. Some top notch tag teams and some future stars. Cant push everyone at once.

I agree that Santana and Ortiz are fantastic, just so many others are too. Happy with the Inner Circle program as it is, keeps them busy and on TV while allowing others to shine.

That is why I said before and really think they could do with a Trio's title.

It would also help with cross promotions matches with NJPW & AAA who have established Trios's as well.

That is why I said before and really think they could do with a Trio's title.

It would also help with cross promotions matches with NJPW & AAA who have established Trios's as well.

I wouldnt be a fan of it. I like how they have it set now. Main title, secondary title and tag teams. Too many titles spoil the broth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just finished watching it there. I'm exhausted after that tag team match, like every other tag team match I watch -- fantastic. Love the reveal of Kenta at the end. Fiancée popped. She loved him in NXT.

Agreed. The trios title could and would work with various factions such as Dark Order, Elite, SCU, Inner Circle, Team Taz but it would inevitably take away from the tag titles. Keep them booked strong and coveted. They are a top prize. Don’t dilute it.

Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa announced as the first match in the Woman's tournament on Wednesday night.

This could be a cracker of a match.

• Advertisement

Kinda surprised Diamante and Ivelisse didn't get included. It was alluded to that they might be when on Dark. AEW will probably turn it into a storyline and they'll say they were disrespected after winning the tag one.

Advertisement