Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Really good TNT Title match.

Janela's best yet imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Some main event, everyone looked amazing and it seriously boosted Archer as a big threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Archer really came out of that looking like a star.

I know he was injured there but how the hell did the WWE mess up KENTA.

Sting due to address Team Taz AGAIN next week. Jesus wept haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You could actually try replying to my comments and debate me on literally anything rather than these digs you know. Literally anything.

The passive aggressive comments are really weird, luckily the majority of people are on here to talk pro-wrestling and not take pretty shots at other users.

Another really good episode of Dynamite, loved the main event, everyone looked great. KENTA made sure to hit the GTS this week.

The TNT title match was very good too, maybe Janela's best match in AEW so far. I really liked the fire Sammy showed in this episode, and the womens tournament got off to a good start too. Just another enjoyable evening of pro-wrestling courtesy of AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

god damn that was ****ing brilliant show

Really enjoyed it

Also anyone notice QT after Lee Johnson thanked everyone except him

See nice little touches like this go far to build a feud

Headshot wrote: »
    Also anyone notice QT after Lee Johnson thanked everyone except him

See nice little touches like this go far to build a feud

Love the little details like that man, AEW rewards the long-term viewer. Similar to MJF's little smirk when Sammy said he quit and also Sammy then leaving through the other tunnel, Callis in the background on the golf course etc. AEW have been excellent at this type of thing right from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The passive aggressive comments are really weird, luckily the majority of people are on here to talk pro-wrestling and not take pretty shots at other users.

Another really good episode of Dynamite, loved the main event, everyone looked great. KENTA made sure to hit the GTS this week.

The TNT title match was very good too, maybe Janela's best match in AEW so far. I really liked the fire Sammy showed in this episode, and the womens tournament got off to a good start too. Just another enjoyable evening of pro-wrestling courtesy of AEW.

It's odd alright.

But ye the show was superb. Top notch edition of a weekly pro wrestling show. You had the big pull in KENTA and the larger forbidden door stuff, but everything they served up before that got you into the other stories in the company and you couldn't not be impressed by at least 2 or 3 of the matches pre main event. It was so great and they timed the big Sammy angle for just the right week.

The main was incredible. Like just so much fun, so much good stuff and everybody looked better coming out of it, even Archer who took the fall, the finish protected him perfectly and protected the Revolution main event (Omega/Mox you'd assume). When it comes to the big picture stuff (and most of the undercard stuff too) this company is firing on all cylinders.

• Advertisement

Love the little details like that man, AEW rewards the long-term viewer. Similar to MJF's little smirk when Sammy said he quit and also Sammy then leaving through the other tunnel, Callis in the background on the golf course etc. AEW have been excellent at this type of thing right from the start.

I'd have to go back and check but in the Acclaimed/Inner Circle tag match, when Jericho was hit over the head by the boom box and he was being pinned, I thought I saw Wardlow direct the refs attention to the pin but I'm absolutely not sure about it.

I wonder will we see Sammy pop up as a face in Impact for a little stint? Would be good to see him in there for a bit to build up as a face plus Tony Khan said he'd be appearing soon on the show so surely he's bringing some new people with him.

Fite TV stream was perfect. Thanks for the recommendations. I set up a Fite TV account a few years ago but had never bought anything on it. Says I have $15 credit though for some reason. I'll put that towards Revolution!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another great episode of Dynamite, AEW have just nailed the mix of the old school wrestling feel while firmly keeping their eyes on the future.

The story-telling is excellently done and the guys are allowed to go in the ring. Everything feels organic and not forced by showing the same people/phrases down your throat every 2 minutes.

They've done a great job using the likes of Arn Anderson, Taz, Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard, exactly how legends should be used, used to enhance other talents not be the talent.

Sting's segments are a bit pointless IMO. Darby Allin is getting over without Sting, i don't he needs this involvement.

Think I've said this before but really hope they can sign Thunder Rosa proper when her NWA deal is up. She's the best thing in the womens division for me. Her matches always seem to deliver.

Like the baseball scabs :D

The eventual Jay White face turn, whether it be in NJPW or AEW at some stage down the road will be great. The seeds have been sown for a while now, the post WK promo and then you had Ishii offering him sympathy and advice on comms recently, now being name dropped here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Like the baseball scabs :D

The eventual Jay White face turn, whether it be in NJPW or AEW at some stage down the road will be great. The seeds have been sown for a while now, the post WK promo and then you had Ishii offering him sympathy and advice on comms recently, now being name dropped here.

Continuation of the Bullet Club "Civil War" from 2018, with Jay leading his faction, and Kenny leading his "bootleg" version as Tama Tonga dubbed them.

Man this is gonna be great when the eventually clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd have to go back and check but in the Acclaimed/Inner Circle tag match, when Jericho was hit over the head by the boom box and he was being pinned, I thought I saw Wardlow direct the refs attention to the pin but I'm absolutely not sure about it.

I had a look and seems he was trying to tell her what happened.

So where will they go with Page/Hardy? Seems a weird story.

With Dolph Ziggler's brother and now Matt Sydal's brother next week reminds me of this film poster I saw last week
    (will link it as it may be considered NSFW)
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rWZpbVD8Zwk/maxresdefault.jpg

741k the Impeachment trial dominated the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Again, lots of positives last night. A few negatives but as usual, its the best show in the states at the minute by a long way.

Loved the opener, Janelas best on AEW. As with most lame duck matches, you know...where I know the challenger isn't winning, AEW have a great knack of putting doubt in my head, making very good match even more enjoyable.

Loved the inner circle angle. Sammy should great babyface fire. Im in no rush for this angle to end. The backstage segments, the afters and the match itself was very good even with Jericho involved. Jerichos best for sometime. Expected Jericho to turn on Sammy after he quit, but Im not complaining.

The Acclaimed were awesome last night. No complaints.

Didnt care for Cody and Johnson vs Peter and Cezar. Did like the promo. Codys a star, no doubt but I havent cared for much hes done lately.

Loved the Team Taz attack but it needs more heat. Its progression at least.

Pac looked great. Nemeth is like a **** verison on his brother crossed with Johnny Ace. See very little in him. Glad Pac looked like a beast

Loved the main event. Simple and effective.

I would love P and P to win the titles and face MJF Jericho just to see what would happen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty Peter's bed didn't look too omfortable

741k the Impeachment trial dominated the night.

Damn impeachment, they deserved to be over a million on it

Headshot wrote: »
    Damn impeachment, they deserved to be over a million on it

They've had some rotten luck with major historical political events all falling on a Wednesday the last couple of months. I honestly can't remember anything quite like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They've had some rotten luck with major historical political events all falling on a Wednesday the last couple of months. I honestly can't remember anything quite like it before.

They still did a good number considering.

Any word on when are they planning on bringing fans back?

Its the only thing missing IMO.... add a hot crowd and the product looks near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just looking there and somehow I have $13 credit as well on Fite, but when I go to the Revolution page it says buy for €21.99 or unlock for $20 credit.

Presuming I can't add to my dollar credit it does say upload a video and gain $3 credit... can I just rip three traveller fights or something from Youtube and upload them and hence get my $20 credit?

Worth a shot I suppose :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    They still did a good number considering.

Any word on when are they planning on bringing fans back?

Its the only thing missing IMO.... add a hot crowd and the product looks near perfect.

There's limited capacity fans there on the live shows - around 800 or so I believe. The taped ones have no fans. I've seriously considered going a few times as the flights are dirt cheap but figured it's not worth the risk really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Yup, as opposed to a Friday, or Monday which wouldn't affect ratings

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Yup, as opposed to a Friday, or Monday which wouldn't affect ratings

While news coverage has been a bigger factor lately in the US ratings wise due to unprecedented events, they've tended to fall on Wednesdays mainly. There's spill over into other nights but for the past month, maybe month and a half, these big news nights have fallen on a Wednesday night. This isn't anecdotal, you can literally just go and look at the numbers and it'll show you what I've just said.

Eg. On Monday there was no major news story, though Raw underperformed. On Wednesday the Impeachment Trial began (a rather major story) and thus news dominated the demo. Funnily enough it even had a knock on effect to the NXT audience who usually hold steady even in the face of major historical events. So ye, Wednesday have been big news nights.

Data easily accessible via Wrestlenomics or the Observer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The mental gymnastics that goes on to defend ratings makes me laugh, there is always excuses. They've thrown everything at the wall and nothing changes from 700-850k. That's their spot. Same way NXT's is 500-650k.

Debuts.

Moxley as champ. Omega as champ. Their big two.

Using WWE's playbook and bringing in auld fellas like Sting.

"Special" shows like Winter is Coming, Beach Break, the Anniversary show which was basically a full PPV where every title was defended.

Cross promoting with Impact.

Cross promoting with NJPW.

Celebrities like Tyson, Snoop and Shaq.

None of it works. What's all the excuses for them?

Advertisement