Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

An appearance from Suzuki at some stage would be unreal, fingers crossed.

Would especially love to see any of ZSJ, Hiromu or ELP appear in the future too, endless possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShaneU wrote: »
    He's 61 what do you want him to do exactly. He's been brought in as a manager like Jake Roberts was.

He’s been advertised as a talent. Jake never has been. He’s the focal point of an upcoming PPV, Jake never has been. It just all feels very dragged out. I liked the debut. But week after week it’s the same thing. I really want Cage and Starks to hammer Darby and Sting after all this. Also got my Team Taz shirt in the post today :)

Could ROH be added to the AEW - NJPW - Impact mix? Presume they're just taking the piss

https://twitter.com/Marq_Quen/status/1361404001535819778?s=19

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1361409645559046144?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Could ROH be added to the AEW - NJPW - Impact mix? Presume they're just taking the piss

https://twitter.com/Marq_Quen/status/1361404001535819778?s=19

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1361409645559046144?s=19

We just don't know what to expect. This partnership could have anything in it companies wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Could you imagine if they showed up on ROH tonight.

• Advertisement

First round of the Japanese side of the womens tournament is starting in a few minutes (12am) on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I can't believe they eliminated Maki in the first round! AEW just not ready for the cutest in the world.

Really good start to the Japanese side of the bracket though, I thought Sakura/Veny was the best match. The Ice Ribbon Dojo looked well too.

I'm predicting Yuka wins and goes on to meet Britt who will get her win back over the Magical Girl.

I was surprised Maki Itoh was eliminated in the first round. She seemed to be the one with the most buzz about her on the Japanese side of things so thought she might go far in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno why but hearing Yuka's entrance music before she came through the curtain I had "I wanna be a hippie..." in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Maki was strong in defeat and got all the greatest bits of her character in so I'm sure we'll see lots more of her. I miss living in Japan and being able to go to multiple shows per week! I love how they announce the names there too, it's amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Maki is certainly.......an interesting character. I imagine Omega eats that sh1t up.

Maki is certainly.......an interesting character. I imagine Omega eats that sh1t up.

If the rumours are to be believed, he's with Shida these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sorry I knew that would be misconstrued wrong. :pac:

I meant her whole schtick seems right up Kenny's street. The blending of Japanese pop culture and professional wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Been hearing that for years. Lucky man!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont think there's a tag team in AEW that has improved as much as the Butcher and the Blade

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Shorter Dark this week with a rare Mox appearance.
    Has Ricky set the record for quickest win?

Drake Maverick's wife making her debut.
    Tay has a great smile.

Orange Cassidy Vs Luther tonight :( Think I'd rather see anyone else on the entire roster (including the job guys on dark) have a match ahead of Luther. He is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Orange Cassidy Vs Luther tonight :( Think I'd rather see anyone else on the entire roster (including the job guys on dark) have a match ahead of Luther. He is terrible.

On paper its a poor bout.

But if its quick and furthers a storyline, Im ok with it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On paper its a poor bout.

But if its quick and furthers a storyline, Im ok with it.

Yeah definitely. Has to be less than 5 minutes surely

I do enjoy Luther throwing Serpentico around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Headshot wrote: »
    I do enjoy Luther throwing Serpentico around

Im not a fan of Matt Hardy or Luther wrestling in 2021.

But Page and Serpentico made their tag match watchable and it was fairly short. Hardy and Luther played their part.

Luther v OC could wont be a 30 min chain wrestling match.... if its a short comedy match, I might enjoy it.

oh that looked painful

Hopefully Jack is okay after that

absolutely superb women's match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,779 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I think stings neck might be better.....

Fair ****s to Sting, did not expect that level of physicality. Exploding barbed wire deathmatch to main event Revolution. I love deathmatches and crazy gimmicks, I also enjoy Jim Cornette rants - I look forward to both.

Omega is the WWE champion according to JR :pac:

Really enjoyed the womens match. Looking forward to Thunder Rosa Vs Riho.

Couldn't believe Sting took a powerbomb! Has the street fight been confirmed as a cinematic match?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pyro for a gender reveal, that is oh-so-Cody.

Omega is the WWE champion according to JR :pac:

Really enjoyed the womens match. Looking forward to Thunder Rosa Vs Riho.

Couldn't believe Sting took a powerbomb! Has the street fight been confirmed as a cinematic match?

What a slip to make on live TV :pac:

As for Sting taking a powerbomb, yup he's going to be quickly reminded of his age.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pyro for a gender reveal, that is oh-so-Cody.

Expectant mother and father go OTT for gender reveal of their 1st kid.

Then again, Americans seem to love that OTT **** when it comes to revealing a kids gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's quiet clear JR hates the job and is only there for the payday.

He isn't bothered to learn anything about wrestlers that have never worked in the WWE and the only wrestlers he comes close to putting over are the ones he worked with in the WWE.

He is a disgrace to be honest and adds nothing good to the AEW product in fact he takes away from it.

Advertisement