Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's quiet clear JR hates the job and is only there for the payday.

He isn't bothered to learn anything about wrestlers that have never worked in the WWE and the only wrestlers he comes close to putting over are the ones he worked with in the WWE.

He is a disgrace to be honest and adds nothing good to the AEW product in fact he takes away from it.

They need to get rid of him or give him a different position at the company.

I'm sure with his experience he's a great asset but his days in commentary should be over now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Baffles me how they persist with him.

Sounds half asleep a lot of the time, forever fluffing his lines, the occasional pervy remark towards the women. What does he offer? Throw whatever money JR is on at Mauro Ranallo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

They don't need Mauro, Excalibur is right there. Ex, Tony and a revolving third chair be it Taz, Jericho, Cody etc would be so much better than having JR there flubbing 50% of his lines

Edit ; Veda Scott was very good on the shows she did. There are endless possibilities that are superior to 2021 JR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

JR is just another example of why I think wrestling needs to move away from the past and stop relying on older veterans. He adds nothing to AEW except his name value, which isn't all that anymore as his best days are well behind him. I could accept it if it was just a case of him not being able to go like he used to, but he shows no passion for AEW. Just get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JR, Tony & Excalibur are 3 play by play guys and there is no need for that.

Excalibur and Tony would be fine as a two.

Excalibur is there because he is a good play by play guy and knows the current talent and the product and can explain who they are to the casual watcher he and can also add a bit of colour.

JR & Tony are there for name value, Tony however actually seems to want to learn an about the new product and is taking it on board.

As I said JR doesn't give 2 ****s about the product and is just collecting a pay check drop him from weekly TV and bring him in for PPV if you want him attached to the product that way.

Veda would be an excellent addition to the commentary team both as a play by play and colour especially for the women hopefully they look to get her back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I do love how Tony takes none of JRs crap sometimes and just shuts him down haha. A true pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was another great show, Dynamite has been wild in 2021, really feels like anything can happen.

Rey Fenix is unreal, he's on a different level to the majority of wrestlers out there, genuinely one of the best on the planet. Riho and Serena over-delivered for me almost, fantastic match. Loved Cage taking Sting out with the Powerbomb, Team Taz all the way, he should have given him another one for good measure.

Very much looking forward to the Exploding Barbed Wire Death match, can't beat a bit of ultra-violence! The lineup for Revolution looks great, AEW are building to it really well.

I think disgrace is a bit harsh but I agree that JR needs to go, he adds very little and more often than not detracts from the good work of Tony and Excalibur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I disagree on JR, I think he adds more just in the nostalgic feel he brings to the likes of me who I guess is their target audience. I'm willing to forgive the odd senior moment, nearly 30 years with WWE I'm surprised he doesn't say it more often.
    I like the whole announce team tbh, which was one of the worst aspects of watching WWE shows for the past 10 years, after it being an integral part of the show from the 80s on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Heenan & Gorilla unmatched of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As usual its a very enjoyable show, but this week was a slight step down in some departments.

Womens matches and tag match were both excellent. Riho's german.... chef kiss.

Proud and powerful looked great and I was disappointed they didnt win. Still digging the inner circle story.

Kenny in the school? Hated it. Pointless

Kenny v Mox in an exploding death match.... not liking the stip if Im honest. Id prefer if they kept away from this garbage stip. That said, ill reserve my judgement until after the match.

I hope Mox and Kingston eventually tease an alliance. Thought kne was coming at the end but no. Love Kingston.

Still dont care about Cody and Shaq.

OC v Luther was pointless but short.... expected Miro run in that never came.

FTR v Suisydal was fine.

Sting getting powerbombed was impressive for his age. Much needed heat for this feud.

Couldnt care about JRs slip. Storm in a teacup.

Hangman v Hardy is ok ..... the money stip does mithing for me. Hangman is deserving of better. Surely there is someone ekse he could feud with.

Love Fenix.... just no words, loved he and Archers tandom moves.

A good show but they can do better

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    As usual its a very enjoyable show, but this week was a slight step down in some departments.

Womens matches and tag match were both excellent. Riho's german.... chef kiss.

Proud and powerful looked great and I was disappointed they didnt win. Still digging the inner circle story.

Kenny in the school? Hated it. Pointless

Kenny v Mox in an exploding death match.... not liking the stip if Im honest. Id prefer if they kept away from this garbage stip. That said, ill reserve my judgement until after the match.

I hope Mox and Kingston eventually tease an alliance. Thought kne was coming at the end but no. Love Kingston.

Still dont care about Cody and Shaq.

OC v Luther was pointless but short.... expected Miro run in that never came.

FTR v Suisydal was fine.

Sting getting powerbombed was impressive for his age. Much needed heat for this feud.

Couldnt care about JRs slip. Storm in a teacup.

Hangman v Hardy is ok ..... the money stip does mithing for me. Hangman is deserving of better. Surely there is someone ekse he could feud with.

Love Fenix.... just no words, loved he and Archers tandom moves.

A good show but they can do better

I suspect the weather issues across the USA hampered alot of the wrestlers. it'd be strange for Miro not to be there tbh

Half of Team Taz were missing too

Suppose to has a knock on affect of the quality of the show.

On a separate note, AEW not in for Blanchard. I cannot say I blame them for their decision, she's far to much hassle

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/latest-on-tessa-blanchard-possibly-joining-aew/
    Former Impact World Champion Tessa Blanchard remains a free agent and it seems like AEW has no immediate plans of signing her, according to Tony Schiavone.

On tonight’s AEW Dynamite Post-Show, Schiavone was asked if AEW was considering bringing in Blanchard to bolster its women’s division.

“Yes, I don’t think that’s happening,” said Schiavone when asked if he had any intel on AEW signing Blanchard. “At least not anytime soon. I would have heard that [if she’s coming over].”

As reported exclusively by Wrestling Inc. back in December, Blanchard has yet to decide on her next destination as she is still celebrating her recent marriage to fellow wrestler DAGA. It was noted that the third generation wrestler is waiting out the pandemic before making any further moves.

Blanchard wrapped up her tenure with Impact Wrestling on June 25 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Schiavone seems to be asked about her once a week at this stage haha

ThePott wrote: »
    Schiavone seems to be asked about her once a week at this stage haha

She wont be touched by AEW or WWE anytime soon. Neither will want the hassle.

" It was noted that the third generation wrestler is waiting out the pandemic before making any further moves"

She hasn't many options to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

While I'm glad that they finally escalated the Sting-FTW feud the fact that Cage floored Sting with a single powerbomb just makes it look sillier that 5 guys spent weeks running away from him. Fair play to Sting for bumping like that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

While I'm glad that they finally escalated the Sting-FTW feud the fact that Cage floored Sting with a single powerbomb just makes it look sillier that 5 guys spent weeks running away from him. Fair play to Sting for bumping like that though.

Well could be argued that they didn't know what to expect from a returning Sting. Then when they finally got their hands on him they may realise he is just a broken down old man.

Would help the narrative and give an added dimension to the match.

Riho Vs Thunder Rosa in the womens tournament will stream next Sunday (28th) on Bleacher report and not on Dynamite. Strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Riho Vs Thunder Rosa in the womens tournament will stream next Sunday (28th) on Bleacher report and not on Dynamite. Strange one

Streaming on the Bleacher Report website is free worldwide so I’d say it’s so the Japanese audience can watch it and Bleacher Report is also owned by TBS.

BRLive is the premium service.

Streaming on the Bleacher Report website is free worldwide so I’d say it’s so the Japanese audience can watch it and Bleacher Report is also owned by TBS.

BRLive is the premium service.

I only read the first Tony Khan tweet last night (where he just announces it'll be on BR) and thought it was the BR you had to pay for but he went on below to explain more.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1362935695380258817?s=19

I was annoyed at first because I'm really looking forward to that match and thought I'd have to subscribe to BR to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Listening to Mox speak on WOR today about that exploding barbed wire match it really should be an incredible spectacle. It's really only possible because of the circumstances (outdoor setting) but, if they get it right, having that visual of the explosion could be something they have for highlight reels for years to come.

Listening to Mox speak on WOR today about that exploding barbed wire match it really should be an incredible spectacle. It's really only possible because of the circumstances (outdoor setting) but, if they get it right, having that visual of the explosion could be something they have for highlight reels for years to come.

The flip side to that is if they get it wrong, could be a buge embarrassment. All depends how they execute it of course but Im pessimistic of its success.

TNA electric fenced cage match comes to mind.

I shall reserve my judgement, they already have my money for the PPV anyway.

• Advertisement

I wonder would there be any thought of doing the exploding barbed wire deathmatch out on the field at the stadium. Like the way they had a ring out there for stadium stampede. Larger space for explosions :pac:

Moxley talking about the exploding barbed wire deathmatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The flip side to that is if they get it wrong, could be a buge embarrassment. All depends how they execute it of course but Im pessimistic of its success.

TNA electric fenced cage match comes to mind.

I shall reserve my judgement, they already have my money for the PPV anyway.

I'm genuinely optimistic about it. Given who is involved in the process of putting that match together, who is involved and the production values are usually pretty high in AEW. You know for a fact Tony Khan is a big Atsushi Onita mark and Mox was talking today about Onita and Funk (two of his idols), if they're gonna do it I trust they'll do it right.

I'm genuinely optimistic about it. Given who is involved in the process of putting that match together, who is involved and the production values are usually pretty high in AEW. You know for a fact Tony Khan is a big Atsushi Onita mark and Mox was talking today about Onita and Funk (two of his idols), if they're gonna do it I trust they'll do it right.

Im a very pessimistic person in general and I was never a big fan of the gimmick in general. Mox v Omega in another stip match would be fine. I just cant help but have my doubts. But Ive doubted AEW before and they've come through.

The match card isnt a homerun either.

Ive no desire to see Matt Hardy take on Page.

Bucks v Inner Circle will grab my curiosity from the ongoing angles but Jericho, despite looking better in recent weeks, still does nothing for me in 2021.

Stings debut has lost a bit of steam, though Im sure the 3 others will make it enjoyable.

I am looking forward to the ladder match though its going in cold.

Womens match could be a show stealer too.

But there is nothing drawing me to the PPV beyond their record of putting on decent shows. Its odds as Ive enjoyed their weekly show a lot, its just Im not too huoed for this PPV.

At least Shaq v Cody isnt on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'm really looking forward to the Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch, it's something very different that you don't see every day.

It's a gimmick match taking place to end a blood-feud, it's not like it's happening just because it happens to be the time of the year for it ala HITC, MITB or Wargames, so it doesn't feel forced and over-used.

LOB mentioned Funk/Onita which is a chaotic encounter, there's also Hayabusa/Onita which is crazy to watch too. Both available on YT for anyone looking to whet their appetite!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus this kind of match could be a great way to write off Mox for awhile(if they want too)

I can see it now, Omega barely survives against Mox in the deathmatch, he holds the title a high and all of a sudden it starts raining with the sound of thunder and nobody knows why and all of a sudden Okada walks out

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement

Damn such a tough break for her :(

Advertisement