Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's weird how Ivelisse and/or Diamante didn't get called up for the tournament. Weirder again they weren't around as alternates. Wonder if it'll be used in angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bummer for Anna.
    6-12 months is a wide timeline.

Yeah it's strange Ivelisse and Diamante aren't treated as singles competitors much.

Yuka vs Emi Sakura was great. Didn't expect Shida to show up. She looked like a boss in that white suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

She could still be used though, can't she? I mean they kept Brit Baker around when she had her injury and it turned out great for her, so perhaps they could keep Anna around with a non-wrestling role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Sakazaki/Sakura was really good, I liked Ryo and Aja Kong too though I was expecting a victory for Kong.

Mizunami has been impressive in the tournament so far, looking forward to her and Yuka up next.

• Advertisement

I was hoping Tay Conti would beat Nyla Rose. Conti has been getting better and better the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Madi only get the spot for the Rosa feud?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Madi only get the spot for the Rosa feud?

She can take a loss and it doesnt affect her really. She got a bit of shine too and it happened to further Britt vs Thunder angle. Decent booking on the fly, in hindsight.

Don't follow indy wrestling at all tbh but thought JD Drake looked good on dark. Anyone that knows more about him, would he be a good signing?

Remember Warhorse actually when he took on Cody? Thought he was awful. Was that a running joke or something on social media when people kept asking for him to be signed?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JJ Garrett looked like a pre-roided Scott Steiner with the mullet and wrestling tights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Don't follow indy wrestling at all tbh but thought JD Drake looked good on dark. Anyone that knows more about him, would he be a good signing?

Remember Warhorse actually when he took on Cody? Thought he was awful. Was that a running joke or something on social media when people kept asking for him to be signed?

Former Evolve guy who WWE didnt see much in as they could of signed him if they wanted.

He reminds me of Dusty when on form, lots of fire, can work well for a big man and if he gets a shot in AEW he could be a decent player at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only just noticed that the WWE spy in AEW resigned with the WWE after being called out for being a spy.

Tino Sabbatelli resigned with NXT a couple weeks after Jericho called him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Former Evolve guy who WWE didnt see much in as they could of signed him if they wanted.

Not true. He was offered a contract but failed a medical because of a knee injury. He was then offered a coach position in the PC but turned that down.

Seems like he's gonna fair opportunity in AEW which he absolutely deserves

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Not true. He was offered a contract but failed a medical because of a knee injury. He was then offered a coach position in the PC but turned that down.

Seems like he's gonna fair opportunity in AEW which he absolutely deserves

I had no idea he failed a medical. I just assumed that they didnt want him when I saw other Evolve talent get signed and not him.

Hope he makes it. He deserves it.

What about Warhorse? Was that a social media joke when people were saying he should be signed or did he just have a bad night against Cody and is actually decent?

What about Warhorse? Was that a social media joke when people were saying he should be signed or did he just have a bad night against Cody and is actually decent?

I mean look who faced Cody around that time. Kingston, Ricky Starks and Warhorse. Two of the three ended up signed and being significant players in the company. The other is Warhorse. That's all you need to know

Edit ; Just to add, he's not gotten a second chance as of yet so it's likely Cody wasn't impressed

I like Tony's interviews but he can be very long winded with his answers :pac:

A few things I found interesting

Saw Tay Conti at an NXT house show a few years ago and thought she'd be a star

Trent was the one of the people he had to convince most to sign when AEW was starting up. Says others that didn't sign are definitely regretting it now.

The working relationship has started with NJPW but it's hard at the moment to have New Japan people coming to AEW and vice versa because of the pandemic. Says new and old faces will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was wondering why Scorpio Sky wasnt wrestling much and only recently learned he was injured, I never knew

The ladder match at Revolution should be unreal and there's talk of a surprise entry in it as well

They cant sign everyone. They have so much talent, the probably wont be able to give them all a fair shot. No loss with WH, they have better.
    Headshot wrote: »
    I was wondering why Scorpio Sky wasnt wrestling much and only recently learned he was injured, I never knew

The ladder match at Revolution should be unreal and there's talk of a surprise entry in it as well

It seems like ages ago he was beginning to break out, loved how they presented him as a big deal going for the World Title. Hopefully the ladder match can get him back to the dance. Hes a great talent.

Trent was the one of the people he had to convince most to sign when AEW was starting up. Says others that didn't sign are definitely regretting it now.

Trent was about to get a singles push with a probable IWGP US Title run in NJ so I have no doubt it was difficult to convince him to sign. Him leaving NJ was a major cause of the animosity between AEW and NJ at the time. Except for the awesome Parking Lot fight with Santana & Ortiz I'd say Trent might well regret not sticking with NJ from a career perspective. He does get to work with his best friends every week so I guess that's the trade off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That SOB

Was not expecting that announcement, his wwe contract ran out under the radar then

wow that came out of left field.

AEW do keep secrets very well

I really want to know what is AEW Dark: Elevation

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/wrestling-legend-paul-wight-signs-long-term-deal-with-aew
    February 24, 2021 – As 2021 shapes up to be the year for AEW’s biggest shows yet, today the promotion announced that wrestling legend Paul Wight signed a long-term deal, adding yet another universally regarded name to AEW’s roster of stars, legends, and upcoming talent. Wight will have an extensive role within AEW, and on top of his return to the ring, he will serve as a commentator on AEW’s newest show, AEW Dark: Elevation.

Complementing AEW Dark on Tuesdays, AEW Dark: Elevation will air on Mondays at 7 p.m. ET on AEW’s YouTube channel, and will showcase AEW’s established and rising stars, as well as the top independent wrestlers within the industry, competing against each other in the ring in pursuit of wins. AEW Dark: Elevation will also maintain continuity with AEW DYNAMITE, AEW Dark, AEW pay-per-view shows and streaming events, with wins and losses factoring into each wrestler’s ranking in the company.

With new wrestling programming now available three nights per week, AEW continues to solidify its position as the fastest growing and hottest promotion in professional wrestling.

“It’s been amazing to watch what AEW has built in just a couple of years,” said Paul Wight. “AEW Dark is an incredible platform to hone the skills of up-and-coming wrestlers, but I also love that established AEW talent can build out their personalities and showcase themselves in new ways on Dark. It’s no exaggeration when they say that AEW is boundless.”

“Paul Wight is one of the most recognizable and impressive professional athletes in the world,” said Tony Khan, CEO, GM and Head of Creative of AEW. “He wanted to come to AEW because he believes that we’re the best promotion in wrestling, and we believe that he has a lot to offer us, both in the ring as a wrestler, and also outside the ring as a commentator, host and ambassador for AEW.”

“Paul is one of the most experienced stars in all of wrestling, and he’s eager to work with our diverse roster,” added Khan. "He can benefit and guide our young talent with his mentorship, and his expert commentary on AEW Dark: Elevation will educate and entertain our fans, and also educate the younger wrestlers on the roster. Furthermore, Paul enters AEW as a licensed wrestler, and he’s very much looking forward to studying our talent firsthand from the commentary desk in preparation for his return to the ring!”

Already a monumental day for AEW, be sure to tune in to AEW DYNAMITE tonight on TNT at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT for additional announcements surrounding Wight’s signing, the new AEW Dark: Elevation show, and the identity of Wight’s commentary partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Never understand why they announce it like that. Why not have him just appear on TV an that be the surprise? A run in (well slow walk in) and a beat down on someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Tony said in the WOL interview that he had big news and that there was more content on the way so this is that. Looking forward to seeing what Elevation shapes up to be. I have to admit rather greedily I wish this all existed like 6 or 7 years ago, imagine what kind of show you could've done with the indie guys of that time wrestling established TV talent. That being said, AEW have done a really terrific job in finding talent where other places just are not looking.

And The Big Show news is kinda cool, TK again did say it would be a big episode tonight. A few matches per year, use him as a special attraction, have him on the booth for this new show. That's a great way to use older guys with name value.

And, though it'll get a bit lost in the two big bits of news, it should be said I thought TK came across so well on WOL. The guy is a lifelong wrestling fan, who just happens to be the son of like one of the richest people on Earth, and getting that glimpse into how he sees things, how he books things was pretty interesting (along with him calling out those who didn't join who probably regret it now).

It's strange it's another YouTube show. I wonder was this supposed to be the new show that would be on TNT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Following Shaq to AEW for the dream match :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,779 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If I were a gambling man (or at least if they took markets on this) I'd say elevation will tie in heavily to the nightmare factory, maybe even a tough enoughesque scenario

• Advertisement

Tony said in the WOL interview that he had big news and that there was more content on the way so this is that. Looking forward to seeing what Elevation shapes up to be. I have to admit rather greedily I wish this all existed like 6 or 7 years ago, imagine what kind of show you could've done with the indie guys of that time wrestling established TV talent. That being said, AEW have done a really terrific job in finding talent where other places just are not looking.

And The Big Show news is kinda cool, TK again did say it would be a big episode tonight. A few matches per year, use him as a special attraction, have him on the booth for this new show. That's a great way to use older guys with name value.

And, though it'll get a bit lost in the two big bits of news, it should be said I thought TK came across so well on WOL. The guy is a lifelong wrestling fan, who just happens to be the son of like one of the richest people on Earth, and getting that glimpse into how he sees things, how he books things was pretty interesting (along with him calling out those who didn't join who probably regret it now).

TK is like an encyclopedia for wrestling, it blows my mind the knowledge he has

Advertisement