Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This better be not like how Paul Bettany hyped everyone up for WandaVision, by teasing he got to work with an actor he never worked with.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Read a few wildcard guesses and a few are going with Mauro Ranallo and he will be the new play by play guy and I can see where they are coming from with that Mauro would be Hall of Fame worthy for his commentary inside and outside of wrestling and he would be a big name in the world of wrestling.

Would mean someone is being replaced then which is hard to see however it be a nice replacement for JR

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Headshot wrote: »
    Would mean someone is being replaced then which is hard to see however it be a nice replacement for JR

Maybe for the second show in TNT.

Dynamite- Excalibur, Tony & JR

New TNT Show- Mauro & Paul Wight.

Dark - Taz & Ecalibur & Guest.

Dark Elevation- Tony & Paul Wight & Guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hope Big Show is talking about himself. Trolling 101

There is some trolling going on alright but glad fans are having the craic throwing the likes of Lesnar and Punk name's out. :pac:

Anthony Bowen's is out injured no timeframe been given at how long he will be out for.

Tony Khan say the wrestlers will be competing for a Brass Ring in the ladder match :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I feel like if it was an in-ring competitor they wouldn't have teased it. Presumably they could have someone debut in the ladder match if it was in-ring anyway. Guessing it's gonna be a behind the scenes wrestling figure, could see it being Kurt Angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Can definitely rule out Batista, as he's down in Australia filming for Thor: Love And Thunder,
    which the Guardians Of The Galaxy will be a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ThePott wrote: »
    I feel like if it was an in-ring competitor they wouldn't have teased it. Presumably they could have someone debut in the ladder match if it was in-ring anyway. Guessing it's gonna be a behind the scenes wrestling figure, could see it being Kurt Angle.

Can't be Kurt or Henry if we're taking the HOF Worthy bit literally.

If it is one of them I wonder will Vince finally stop embarrassing his Legends for the sake of a ****ty segment.

Really enjoyed the show, it flew by.

I'm really intrigued by who Big show is talking about. Especially the fact they kept his signing such a secret.

I really hope it's not Kurt Angle. If it was the Kurt Angle from TNA 10 years ago then absolutely but I thought he was awful as Raw GM.

You'd like to think AEW wouldn't go down the TNA route of bigging up a new signing and turns out to be someone crap.

Huge for me would be Punk, Brock or even Ronda (not as big but still would be big)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So what’s the likelihood that the big show tease actually lives up to the hype it’s created. I doubt it’s CM punk(I’d love it though)unless Colt Cabanna is no longer going to be there. I doubt it’s kurt angle as he’s in no shape to wrestle according to himself because his neck is is bits and he will need surgery at some point in the future. Mark Henry maybe ? If Christian wasn’t back and seemingly back with wwe beyond the rumble then he’d be a good shout. Lesnar maybe as it’s clear he doesn’t care who he works for once they pay him. It’s a long shot but maybe John cena as he’s got a show on TBS now but how much does he value his legacy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Anthony Bowen's is out injured no timeframe been given at how long he will be out for.

Tony Khan say the wrestlers will be competing for a Brass Ring in the ladder match :)

It's cool Caster is being featured in singles while Bowens is out. Horrible luck for Bowens whose earned his opportunity in the big time.

But if you look at Max Caster and don't see top star potential then your radar is faulty. This guy has it. With some work on the bell to bell aspect, there's no ceiling on this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's another guy that's worth watching Dark for, with their music videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Can't be Kurt or Henry if we're taking the HOF Worthy bit literally.
    I dunno. Is there anyone that is HOF worthy that WWE haven't put in that could even be a potential option though? Like I think the fact he mentioned HOF means it must be a legend who's been around a while and I can't think off the top of my head who it could be if not someone who is already in the HOF. I just think from the way it was announced there's no way it could be an active competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Such a good go-home show, really looking forward to Revolution.

I echo all of the above sentiments, Shaq was great and the match was much better than it had any right to be and also intrigued about the incoming signing.

I really liked the six-man, it was great seeing Tully rock the old US title and hitting the Spike Piledriver, and also nice to see J.J Dillon again. I like Max Caster and glad he got the win, thought it was a nice little finish playing into the beef between Hardy and the Dark Order too.

But for me without a doubt the highlight of the show was seeing the legend that is Atsushi Onita appear to promote the Death Match. Excellent stuff!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So what’s the likelihood that the big show tease actually lives up to the hype it’s created. I doubt it’s CM punk(I’d love it though)unless Colt Cabanna is no longer going to be there. I doubt it’s kurt angle as he’s in no shape to wrestle according to himself because his neck is is bits and he will need surgery at some point in the future. Mark Henry maybe ? If Christian wasn’t back and seemingly back with wwe beyond the rumble then he’d be a good shout. Lesnar maybe as it’s clear he doesn’t care who he works for once they pay him. It’s a long shot but maybe John cena as he’s got a show on TBS now but how much does he value his legacy ?

0% chance of Cena IMO.

Lesner, like you said, he'd go to whoever offers him the most money.

Punk in recent podcasts and stuff said he'd be open to a return to wrestling unlike recent years where he'd say no chance.

A few conflicting reports on if Christian has or hasn't signed a WWE contract. Moxley did say a few weeks that if he could hire one person it would be Christian so might be something in that.

Just can't see Batista. As another poster said he's filming in Australia (I suppose they could say he's signed and he'll be appearing in the future) but I really believe he's retired.

I just think it's going to be Angle unfortunately. He seems really disappointed with how he went out in WWE (a match against Corbin) and I think he'd sign for AEW to have one last match to go out on.

Mark Henry would be a massive disappointment for me as well.

The after show pulled 347k

It's a strong go home show number, especially considering the last quarter of the show had very little in the way of hot matches or build to the big Revolution matches. They front loaded the show to get as many eyes on the Shaq deal as possible. It'll be interesting to see the quarter hour breakdown but definitely looks like Shaq drew the olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Couldn't even crack a million with Shaq and debuting Big Show.

https://twitter.com/brandonthurston/status/1367581400979898380?s=21

This is the a breakdown of the changes in demos from last week for AEW.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Couldn't even crack a million with Shaq and debuting Big Show.

Or, highest rating in ages and (I think) highest go home show number ever. Strange you didn't mention Raw unable to break 2 million despite baiting and switching a World Title match twice and eventually doing it in the main event and running against no competition on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Could see it being AJ Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Could see it being AJ Lee

Would she be hall of fame worthy?

It really depends which HOF they are referring to. I wouldn't say she has had a Hall of Fane worhy career personally.

I think wrestling in general has a huge problem attracting new or lapsed fans. Those in the older market have grown out of it or wont be attracted to it to begin with. Like not many non fans over 20 will be enticed.

Younger fans are probably restricted by their parents views on violence. I wouldnt blame a parent for not letting them watch AEW.

Its a tough nut to crack. AEW appear to be holding steady while WWEs flagships decrease overall as months pass.

0% chance of Cena IMO.

Lesner, like you said, he'd go to whoever offers him the most money.

Punk in recent podcasts and stuff said he'd be open to a return to wrestling unlike recent years where he'd say no chance.

A few conflicting reports on if Christian has or hasn't signed a WWE contract. Moxley did say a few weeks that if he could hire one person it would be Christian so might be something in that.

Just can't see Batista. As another poster said he's filming in Australia (I suppose they could say he's signed and he'll be appearing in the future) but I really believe he's retired.

I just think it's going to be Angle unfortunately. He seems really disappointed with how he went out in WWE (a match against Corbin) and I think he'd sign for AEW to have one last match to go out on.

Mark Henry would be a massive disappointment for me as well.

-Yeah as I said it’s a long shot for cena.
    -There’s something to be said for Lesnars approach in a business like wrestling.
    -I hope he’s changed his general attitude though because he’d take his ball and go home.
    -For a company who used to be so on the ball on stuff like this, they have gotten very early 1990s WCW in this regard. They need to tie Christian down.
    -I think Batista needs to stay retired because he wasn’t a man of steel during his first run and he’s not any younger.
    - how it went in his last WWE run isn’t a reason to go to AEW. It could have been anyone and angle being in poor shape was going to lead to a poor run. Has kurt improved health wise ? If no then he needs to stay home.
    - I mean mark henry would be okay but as you say underwhelming.
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As said previously I enjoyed the show.

Cody v Shaq was better than expected and enjoyable.

JE v FTR was very enjoyable too. Liking all the Horsemen nods

I enjoyed the Bucks v IC segment. Still not sure what they are going with The Bucks and GB, but I shall wait patiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

Or, highest rating in ages and (I think) highest go home show number ever. Strange you didn't mention Raw unable to break 2 million despite baiting and switching a World Title match twice and eventually doing it in the main event and running against no competition on Monday.

Why would he? It's the AEW thread, the RAW ratings don't matter here.

Funny, I keep reading how the hallowed demo is all that matters. Remind me how Raw did with that?

But apparently viewing figures matter this week...

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

For WWE only.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Funny, I keep reading how the hallowed demo is all that matters. Remind me how Raw did with that?

But apprently viewing figures matter this week...

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

I thought you found ratings talk boring? BTW on a Wednesday night I think you'll find the hallowed demos for the wrestling were 0.33 to 0.20.

Plus for a company you hate, you sure do spend a lot of time following the ratings of it/in it's thread. Maybe do yourself a favour and stop following it?

kksaints wrote: »
    Why would he? It's the AEW thread, the RAW ratings don't matter here.

He certainly didn't mention it in the Raw thread. Never does actually. But hey, whose keeping score?

• Advertisement

I thought you found ratings talk boring? BTW on a Wednesday night I think you'll find the hallowed demos for the wrestling were 0.33 to 0.20.

Plus for a company you hate, you sure do spend a lot of time following the ratings of it/in it's thread. Maybe do yourself a favour and stop following it?

The ratings talk is boring, the mental gymnastics surrounding it is great craic.

Advertisement