Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

J. Marston wrote: »
    The ratings talk is boring, the mental gymnastics surrounding it is great craic.

What do you find difficult, can I help?

Also could you answer the question? You don't like the company, so why do you keep posting here about it with a negative spin? We get it, you don't like it. Just boring at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Who honestly gives a flying monkeys in regards to ratings, which doesn't effect us on this side of the pond.

Your both as bad as each other, with the constant goading and baiting.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Who honestly gives a flying monkeys in regards to ratings, which doesn't effect us on this side of the pond.

I'm not that bad! At least I try to back stuff up with actual an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Who started the issues in this thread tonight?

It was a post designed to bait

I've said my piece, and I'm not saying no more.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Who started the issues in this thread tonight?

It was a post designed to bait

I know it was designed to bait, but quiet frankly it's getting very irritating at this stage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So what’s the likelihood that the big show tease actually lives up to the hype it’s created. I doubt it’s CM punk(I’d love it though)unless Colt Cabanna is no longer going to be there. I doubt it’s kurt angle as he’s in no shape to wrestle according to himself because his neck is is bits and he will need surgery at some point in the future. Mark Henry maybe ? If Christian wasn’t back and seemingly back with wwe beyond the rumble then he’d be a good shout. Lesnar maybe as it’s clear he doesn’t care who he works for once they pay him. It’s a long shot but maybe John cena as he’s got a show on TBS now but how much does he value his legacy ?

Lesnar and Cena would be huge both in the wrestling and mainstream media. Either would be massive coups. Punk would be interesting from a wrestling point of view, don't know how much non-wrestling attention or ratings grabber it would be. Not sure if Kurt or Christian who I both like would add enough from either wrestling or attention point of view but I'd be pleased if either could get one good final run in either WWE or AEW.
    I'm curious to see who if anyone it will be but overpromising and then underdelivering would be a mistake at this stage.

Is there any talent in Japan that could be regarding as HOF material and be available?

Is there any talent in Japan that could be regarding as HOF material and be available?

It's tough just with the quarantine rules. I'd have said the two most well known free agent names have recently been signed by Cybergate (Akiyama to DDT and Muto to NOAH, both of whom would fit the description). Outside of those two I can't think of others. It won't be a NJPW talent as they say they've signed a multi year deal with AEW and they won't want to upset that fledgling relationship.

On a side note, when the pandemic ends I'd love AEW to get Tetsuya Endo and Konosuke Take****a in for some shows in America. Given the platform those guys could be breakout stars.

Assume LOB would know if there is. Would that work as a major attraction for American wrestling fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe they have signed Okada to an exclusive US deal for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What do you find difficult, can I help?

Also could you answer the question? You don't like the company, so why do you keep posting here about it with a negative spin? We get it, you don't like it. Just boring at this stage.

I'm free to post here, aren't I? You were the one on about forums being exchanges, debates etc.

But since I don't adore AEW, now it's "Get out". Nah man, I'll keep posting as long as I'm allowed to. The ignore button is there, use it. Lithium also, feel free.

Plenty to like about AEW. A believable champ, when he's not attached to rubbish like Gallows and Anderson. Britt Baker has more charisma than more or less every female wrestler. Kingston. Page. MJF, in doses. Cassidy. Wardlow. Shida. I just don't think they're infallible like a large amount of the internet does but that amounts to hate apparently.

kksaints wrote: »
    Assume LOB would know if there is. Would that work as a major attraction for American wrestling fans?

AEW had the working relationship with DDT pre pandemic and they'd planned on running Omega/Endo for the K-OD Title before things got shut down. In terms of legends who can still go who's be willing to move to the USA and wouldn't upset any current relationships I'm not coming up with any answers. If this had been maybe 6 months ago, I'd have said Jun Akiyama. Legendary pro wrestler who had shown a desire to live in America (then the WWE deal fell through) but he's recently signed with Cyberagent and the DDT promotion where he now holds the top title.

It's tough just with the quarantine rules. I'd have said the two most well known free agent names have recently been signed by Cybergate (Akiyama to DDT and Muto to NOAH, both of whom would fit the description). Outside of those two I can't think of others. It won't be a NJPW talent as they say they've signed a multi year deal with AEW and they won't want to upset that fledgling relationship.

On a side note, when the pandemic ends I'd love AEW to get Tetsuya Endo and Konosuke Take****a in for some shows in America. Given the platform those guys could be breakout stars.

Cyberagent, not cybergate. Ignore that!

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm free to post here, aren't I? You were the one on about forums being exchanges, debates etc.

But since I don't adore AEW, now it's "Get out". Nah man, I'll keep posting as long as I'm allowed to. The ignore button is there, use it. Lithium also, feel free.

Plenty to like about AEW. A believable champ, when he's not attached to rubbish like Gallows and Anderson. Britt Baker has more charisma than more or less every female wrestler. Kingston. Page. MJF, in doses. Cassidy. Wardlow. Shida. I just don't think they're infallible like a large amount of the internet does but that amounts to hate apparently.

Really hoping this line of thought extends to WWE threads too.

But what a love is that no one outside the company knows for certain who's coming, they are unreal to keep secrets and as a fan small things like this make me happy.

I want to be blown away (like how I was for Sting)

WWE management on the phone for the last 18 hours to there contract department double check every talents contract now.

AEW had the working relationship with DDT pre pandemic and they'd planned on running Omega/Endo for the K-OD Title before things got shut down. In terms of legends who can still go who's be willing to move to the USA and wouldn't upset any current relationships I'm not coming up with any answers. If this had been maybe 6 months ago, I'd have said Jun Akiyama. Legendary pro wrestler who had shown a desire to live in America (then the WWE deal fell through) but he's recently signed with Cyberagent and the DDT promotion where he now holds the top title.

Do you think it would be worth for AEW to really hype an arrival like this though? That's if it was a Japanese legend or ex-WWE legend that wouldn't be one of the mainstream legends such as Mark Henry and Christian type particularly as the shock value is reduced somewhat after the Big Show/Paul Wight arrival. Isn't it possible they'll suffer from the law of diminishing returns if the hype it to the max and then disappoint?

But what a love is that no one outside the company knows for certain who's coming, they are unreal to keep secrets and as a fan small things like this make me happy.

They run a very tight ship with that stuff.

Personally I'd love it to be Chris Hero. I'm a big Hero mark anyway, going back through some PWG shows atm and people forget how good he is. Multiple years he was an easy top 5 wrestler in the world.

They set the bar pretty high with Sting, I'm hoping they manage to go better than that...

• Advertisement

Is Jeff's added on time for injuries up?

They run a very tight ship with that stuff.

Personally I'd love it to be Chris Hero. I'm a big Hero mark anyway, going back through some PWG shows atm and people forget how good he is. Multiple years he was an easy top 5 wrestler in the world.

It'd be funny to see Eddie Kingston's reaction

Wight being smart, not mentioning the gender of who's signing.

kksaints wrote: »
    Do you think it would be worth for AEW to really hype an arrival like this though? That's if it was a Japanese legend or ex-WWE legend that wouldn't be one of the mainstream legends such as Mark Henry and Christian type particularly as the shock value is reduced somewhat after the Big Show/Paul Wight arrival. Isn't it possible they'll suffer from the law of diminishing returns if the hype it to the max and then disappoint?

Possibly but, even though it isn't them, Akiyama or Muto have enough name recognition that it wouldn't be at all disappointing. Muto from his WCW stuff, and Akiyama still being a fantastic pro wrestler and the (unofficial) 5th pillar of heaven from the glory years of AJPW which are still treasured to a high degree in the west. From a name perspective neither of those could be considered disappointing (it isn't them though).

Honestly while the best results would be Lesnar or Punk (2 guys that could be a big deal in bringing the company to a new level), I don't think it will be. I don't really want to see Christian, Henry or even Angle, so if it can't be Punk or Lesnar then give me a worker the quality of Hero.

Also there's probably a debut to come in the Ladder match and if that's Mike Bailey that'd be a great get. Any regulars at OTT know just how good he is.

Gail Kim is a free agent/semi retired and would add a lot to the women's division.

She is without a doubt it Hall of Fame worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It definitely won't be but Manami Toyota would fit the bill of hall of fame worthy Japanese talent and she's only 50 :D

Possibly but, even though it isn't them, Akiyama or Muto have enough name recognition that it wouldn't be at all disappointing. Muto from his WCW stuff, and Akiyama still being a fantastic pro wrestler and the (unofficial) 5th pillar of heaven from the glory years of AJPW which are still treasured to a high degree in the west. From a name perspective neither of those could be considered disappointing (it isn't them though).

Honestly while the best results would be Lesnar or Punk (2 guys that could be a big deal in bringing the company to a new level), I don't think it will be. I don't really want to see Christian, Henry or even Angle, so if it can't be Punk or Lesnar then give me a worker the quality of Hero.

Also there's probably a debut to come in the Ladder match and if that's Mike Bailey that'd be a great get. Any regulars at OTT know just how good he is.

Why not Christian?

It definitely won't be but Manami Toyota would fit the bill of hall of fame worthy Japanese talent and she's only 50 :D

Aja Kong is relocating to Florida and they'll wheel her out there on a multi year deal.

Why not Christian?

Ye that one gets people but I was never all that high on Christian even in his prime so seeing him now does little for me (even less without that banging WWE theme he has). That's a personal bias one, not for me.

• Advertisement

I personally think Ethan Page will be the final entry for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match but wont be the HOF worthy talent

Advertisement