Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Headshot wrote: »
    I personally think Ethan Page will be the final entry for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match but wont be the HOF worthy talent

That's definitely more likely than Speedball but infinitely less positive. Really didn't like his Evolve run and his Impact run was worse and he falls out with the promotion every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Comment from TK
    “This Sunday a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge, huge star is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the pay-per-view. I can confirm what Paul said is true, and I’m not talking about the person in the ladder match. We have a great, fun sixth person in the ladder match, but the person who I’m saying is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW, the person Paul referenced. That’s not the sixth person in the ladder match. Paul’s talking about a big surprise, and that’s no joke. What he said to you I can confirm is true.”

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can't see Khan doing a bait and switch really.

It will be a huge star it might not be a star we are all happy about however I'm sure it will put eyes on the product.

I'd very disappointed if it's Foley, Angle or Henry myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Imagine it was Ronda!

I can't see Khan doing a bait and switch really.

It will be a huge star it might not be a star we are all happy about however I'm sure it will put eyes on the product.

I'd very disappointed if it's Foley, Angle or Henry myself.

TK has earned trust so ye I'm looking forward to seeing who it will be. At a glance I'd say they really don't need another non-wrestler /manager, hoping it'll be an active wrestler.

But TK did say he's making moves this year and he has. He's been brave with the booking/promotion decisions and I'd expect this to be along those lines.

• Advertisement

Maybe Arrow and Cody have been in Punks ear while filming Heels.

Use Arrow to give him a gig on the show if he signs for AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Turns out it's RVD. Or Meltzer!

I look forward to JR being confused and not saying who it is until someone else says the name.

Comment from TK

This Sunday a major star in the world of wrestling, a huge, huge star is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW on Sunday at the pay-per-view. I can confirm what Paul said is true, and I’m not talking about the person in the ladder match. We have a great, fun sixth person in the ladder match, but the person who I’m saying is going to come and sign a multi-year contract with AEW, the person Paul referenced. That’s not the sixth person in the ladder match. Paul’s talking about a big surprise, and that’s no joke. What he said to you I can confirm is true.”

Hmmm did he say "is true" or "it's true" (Kurt Angle's catchphrase) a few times? :pac: I'll have to give it a listen haha

RVD is back in the WWE fold I read today they are doing one of those documentaries on him at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’ve a feeling it’ll be Ronda and it’ll be a great get. The fact TK is distancing the 6th man in the ladder match from this announcement makes me think it’ll be a female wrestler.

The women’s division needs more spotlight and star power Ronda certainly brings both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Star power may only be a small part of the problem with women's division.
    Like they've treated Shida nearly as badly as WWE has treated Asuka.

Like one thing I didn't like about this week's Dynamite was after the number 1 contender match Shida went into Ryo and it was like they were play fighting with the punches and smiling during/after it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Star power may only be a small part of the problem with women's division.
    Like they've treated Shida nearly as badly as WWE has treated Asuka.

Like one thing I didn't like about this week's Dynamite was after the number 1 contender match Shida went into Ryo and it was like they were play fighting with the punches and smiling during/after it

Oh I completely agree lack of star power is only part of the problem with the women’s division but it’s a start. If it was someone like Ronda her intensity will help others raise their game.

Her getting the spotlight over other stars that have been there since day 1 will give them a cause to rise up. The potential to use a value name like Rousey will only help the division grow and more importantly get outside eyes interested in AEW.

I have to say though I really hope the big signing isn't another old legend that will just manage etc. Don't get me wrong they've used their legends well and I'm a fan of most of the legend managers but it could soon become overkill.

I hope it's someone that can perform in ring. Well I suppose Angle could be considered an in ring talent haha but I mean someone that can still go to a high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    I’ve a feeling it’ll be Ronda and it’ll be a great get. The fact TK is distancing the 6th man in the ladder match from this announcement makes me think it’ll be a female wrestler.

The women’s division needs more spotlight and star power Ronda certainly brings both.

Not to be the pin in the balloon with your theory, but isn't Ronda (to the best of my recollection) contracted to WWE until after Wrestlemania 37?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not to be the pin in the balloon with your theory, but isn't Ronda (to the best of my recollection) contracted to WWE until after Wrestlemania 37?

Yeah the 12th of April I think I read. I can't see them letting her go without getting the 1 on 1 with Becky. They'll offer her big money to re-sign.

I wonder could it be someone, like Paul White, who's contract has just recently expired and no one knows about.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Imagine it was Ronda!

Trish perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bo Dallas will be the guy

Very HOF wordy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Trish perhaps?

Trish would be huge, but she strikes me as a WWE girl through and through.

I forgot Kurt Angle was released last year, so I'm betting on him being the guy. Although I do wish Kurt would just hang it up already if it does turn out to be him.

Hall of fame worthy

Huge name in the wresting world

It’s Jim Cornette.

The amount of people on twitter I've seen mention RVD as hopefully the big signing. **** off :pac: Can't stand RVD and he's certainly not a "huge" signing in 2021.

After reading all the talk and predictions today on here and Twitter, my final guess is that it will be either Kurt Angle or Christian with me leaning more towards Angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

What do you find difficult, can I help?

Also could you answer the question? You don't like the company, so why do you keep posting here about it with a negative spin? We get it, you don't like it. Just boring at this stage.

This made me chuckle...

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Trish would be huge, but she strikes me as a WWE girl through and through.

I forgot Kurt Angle was released last year, so I'm betting on him being the guy. Although I do wish Kurt would just hang it up already if it does turn out to be him.

So did Paul Wight.....

Angle just hasnt got it for me. They dont need more legends esp so close after the Big Show news. He cant wrestle anymore, hes punch drunk these days in terms of his speech and movement. AEW can do better.

One thing that annoys me that Revolution isnt on Saturday night, that was so handy.

One thing that annoys me that Revolution isnt on Saturday night, that was so handy.

I too preferred the Saturday slot. Was there a specific reason to move to Sundays?

To improve buy rates?

I noticed they have consistently doing 100k buy rates. What do people make of their buy rates thus far? Ive been way out of the loop on buy rates since the Network came in.

WWE PPVs in 2013 did roughly around 190k per show. seeing as its 8 years later and they are a new company, 100k seems like a great return considering WWEs business has been in decline.

I would how many people would stump up for Fastlane if was available on PPV only. I would probably but the big 4 (maybe take out Survivor Series for MITB) and thats it unless something big was expected or advertised.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I too preferred the Saturday slot. Was there a specific reason to move to Sundays?

To improve buy rates?

I noticed they have consistently doing 100k buy rates. What do people make of their buy rates thus far? Ive been way out of the loop on buy rates since the Network came in.

WWE PPVs in 2013 did roughly around 190k per show. seeing as its 8 years later and they are a new company, 100k seems like a great return considering WWEs business has been in decline.

I would how many people would stump up for Fastlane if was available on PPV only. I would probably but the big 4 (maybe take out Survivor Series for MITB) and thats it unless something big was expected or advertised.

It's interesting because, while they only do 4 ppvs a year, they do this so as to peak other stories or run major angles for televised specials. You could argue that maybe they're sacrificing another 4 ppvs a year to run big weekly specials (like Winter is Coming). This makes sense given that the companies existence are far more closely tied to their TV deal with TNT than their ppv revenue.

In regards the number of buys they do, they do an extremely good job of converting viewers to consumers. So if you take the average weekly viewership of the programme as being 800,000 they routinely hit 100,000 buys for their ppv. That's 1/8. It's a very strong number. And this is talked about an nauseum but one of the great downfalls of TNA in it's peak was that even though their weekly numbers for their TV show were reasonably strong, their conversion rate in terms of turning viewers into consumers of their ppv product was extremely low (I think I remember reading somewhere it was something like 1/34 but don't quote me on that).

A quick search of Raw ratings in 2013, they were doing between 2.6 and 3.0 and most ppvs did around 190k outside the side the big ones.

Thats 8 years ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

The big HOF worthy signing is one of three guys for me. Its gotta be either Punk, Lesnar or Cena. Anything else will feel like a let down but I know TK is smart enough not to go full Dixie (you never go full Dixie) and build up the hype unless the reveal is something huge.

Ethan Page is probably the most likely guy for the ladder match but Christian or Chris Hero wouldn't shock me. Whomever it is I think they are grabbing the brass ring and beating Darby for the title on Dynamite next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

NITRO95 wrote: »
    The big HOF worthy signing is one of three guys for me. Its gotta be either Punk, Lesnar or Cena. Anything else will feel like a let down but I know TK is smart enough not to go full Dixie (you never go full Dixie) and build up the hype unless the reveal is something huge.

Ethan Page is probably the most likely guy for the ladder match but Christian or Chris Hero wouldn't shock me. Whomever it is I think they are grabbing the brass ring and beating Darby for the title on Dynamite next week

Hope so as Darby has been a hugely underwhelming champion.

I think Scorpio Sky could have a big say in the ladder match, quite an interesting commentary he had on Wednesday, kinda heal (ish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I hope it's Speedball or anyone really apart from Ethan Page in the ladder match.

Advertisement