Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Going to order it on Fite, I think 17.95 is reasonable, although Bucks vs Luchas is the only match I really want to see. Happy to support a genuine alternative to WWE, for the first few shows anyways, see how they get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

I do think as well though that debuting a signing as big as Ambrose on a free Battle Royal wouldn't be a great call. Surely you want to make a bigger deal of him than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm headed away on holidays tomorrow, otherwise i'd seriously consider buying the PPV.

If it helps them get a start, and they present a genuine alternative to WWE, i'm all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm headed away on holidays tomorrow, otherwise i'd seriously consider buying the PPV.

If it helps them get a start, and they present a genuine alternative to WWE, i'm all over it.

i really think in the grander scheme of things the ppv is important but that 1st month of tv will decide if there an alternative. Ill be honest i find it really hard to judge how there going to do like youtube wise numbers arent great considering thats worldwide views. Youd be more worried TNT dont give them time to find there feet if ratings are low. i seen TNT usually gains over a million viewers in primetime so itll be tough but hopefully they do it as wrestling needs it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J. Marston wrote: »
    No interest. The Elite guys and girl just don't appeal to me at all. There's a smarminess to them that I don't like.

If they signed Ambrose and Punk it would raise my eyebrows and I would probably check it out in the future though.

I do think it has a reek of a smark promotion but will give them the benefit of the doubt for the first year and so.

Be interesting to see what type of product they put out and how they present themselves on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The biggest smark promotion in the world is the WWE itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

According to Jericho and Meltzer the weekly AEW weekly show will be on ITV 4. It will be a 2 hour show that they hope to broadcast live & they will announce it officially when they decide if will be filmed on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smackdown moves to Friday, from October, doesn't it?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Smackdown moves to Friday, from October, doesn't it?
    Yeah October 4th is the first FOX show, I don't know when the AEW show will start though.

Also Cody says they have 6 months to a year's worth of storylines ready to go and there will be no house shows just the weekly show and ppv's.

• Advertisement

So are they going full WCW and holding the weekly TV show in Disney since they won't a touring company for a while.

So are they going full WCW and holding the weekly TV show in Disney since they won't a touring company for a while.
    Cody's words
    "We’ll be able to find out per market where we’re going to be. This isn’t going to be something that’s stationary. This is a touring brand. No pun intended, we’re going all-in on the concept. We’re not doing a live event system. When we come we’re bringing our absolute best from start quality to match quality."

My interpretation of that is they will be going around America doing 1 show a week at the start, so they will be filming the weekly show one week in Florida and the next week in Texas for example. That's my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Reddit. I give it one month of TV tapings before they're calling out "Levesque and Hickenbottom to meet them at the Alamo". Just blergh...

https://streamable.com/zgjx0

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So this is tomorrow at midnight our time for the preshow and 1am Sunday morning for the main show

Dean Malenko joins a coach/producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I must say, I'm quite excited for this now. Probably the first PPV since ECW One Night Stand that I've genuinely looked forward to. Just ordered it on ITV so hopefully it'll deliver now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I wish I could be excited for this show but I just find Cody and the Bucks so full of themselves that it turns me off the whole thing.
    And it isn't even a cool and confident type of thing. It's just an air of smarky smarmy tossers that comes from them and the entire organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

sirmanga wrote: »
    I wish I could be excited for this show but I just find Cody and the Bucks so full of themselves that it turns me off the whole thing.
    And it isn't even a cool and confident type of thing. It's just an air of smarky smarmy tossers that comes from them and the entire organisation.

I completely get where you're coming from too based on what we see publicly through some of the videos etc.

Having met them a few times through the years, they are incredibly sound in person and not in a "I just want your money" way either. So I'd like to see them do well. First impressions are everything so I'm hoping tonight is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'm really looking forward to watching DoN tonight. No matter what happens some people are going to hate and play down it's importance. It's a huge night in the history of wrestling in North America/Europe with the WWE at a low we have not seen since the mid 90s and AEW offering true competition that TNA & ROH have never provided

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

How much do you think Vince actually knows about AEWs roster?

saw Arn Anderson in an interview earlier and he stopped to ask the interviewers what the name of the guy they had that was popular in Japan was (Kenny Omega).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

What time does it start here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭NITRO95

cena wrote: »
    What time does it start here

Midnight for The Buy In (preshow) which is free on YouTube and then 1 am for the main show

It's actually great to have a PPV on a Saturday Night/Sunday Morning and not Sunday Night/Monday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's actually great to have a PPV on a Saturday Night/Sunday Morning and not Sunday Night/Monday morning!

What channel is it on here on sky?

MrMac84 wrote: »

ITV Box office channel 493 or you can get it on Fite.tv.

€17.95 on Fite.tv and ITV Box office.

What Coulson said above.

ITV Box office channel 493 or you can get it on Fite.tv.

€17.95 on Fite.tv and ITV Box office.

I THINK it's €17.95 on ITV Box Office as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is the pre show on ITV also?

• Advertisement

Is the pre show on ITV also?

That's on YouTube.

Advertisement