Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If it's one of his favourite wrestlers it would make me think it's someone from Japan but there's really no one you could put your finger on that's available without really delving into the terms of fantasy booking.

Either way people will find a way to be disappointed with who ever it is but you only have to look at this thread to see the interest it's generated.

Im gonna roll with it. AEW have enough good faith with me, that even if Im initially disappointed, usually I end up happy.

Take Shaq. I was dead against him and IIRC I debated the pro's and con's of his signing with yourself and LOB. I was dead against it.

Yet here I am fairly happy with how he was used and very impressed with how much he get the biz.

So even if its Angle, Henry or whoever, I'll just roll with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I doubt it's Henry then Khan would hardly go on his radio show if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn you TK, you teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hornswoggle for sho'

• Advertisement

So that sounds like it's an active wrestler to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Building interest is one thing. Actually delivering on the hype from that interest is the thing they need to pull off.

Just saying, Paul Wight's announcement has got everyone on here talking and speculating which has created a lot of buzz. It almost feels reminiscent
    of the Monday Night Wars when a WWF wrestler would show up on Nitro or a WCW wrestler shows up on Raw. It's a great way to build interest in your promotion which is something I've felt has been lost in wrestling for a long time.

Whether they actually deliver on the hype is another story though. If it ends up being someone nobody really cares about then it would be a waste of a surprise, and reflect on the company very poorly. So for AEW's sake, I hope they don't drop the ball with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

TK is taking a lend from the Kevin Feige handbook of smoke and mirrors.

In that Tony Khan clip I posted he said the new signing is "committed". That made me think Brock for some reason. Brock is the only one I think that you'd have to assure fans that he's committed.

Ah I'm clutching at straws tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

TK is taking a lend from the Kevin Feige handbook of smoke and mirrors.
    I had this exact thought :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    One thing that annoys me that Revolution isnt on Saturday night, that was so handy.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    I too preferred the Saturday slot. Was there a specific reason to move to Sundays?

To improve buy rates?

I noticed they have consistently doing 100k buy rates. What do people make of their buy rates thus far? Ive been way out of the loop on buy rates since the Network came in.

WWE PPVs in 2013 did roughly around 190k per show. seeing as its 8 years later and they are a new company, 100k seems like a great return considering WWEs business has been in decline.

I would how many people would stump up for Fastlane if was available on PPV only. I would probably but the big 4 (maybe take out Survivor Series for MITB) and thats it unless something big was expected or advertised.

Revolution was supposed to be on February 27th, but due to a Canelo Alvarez fight in the States, so they rescheduled it for March 6th but that was canned as UFC 259 was scheduled for March 6th.

So in short, scheduling conflicts is why Revolution is on the Sunday this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see the “The Captain” Shawn Dean has officially signed with AEW.

Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lets says it's Brock, it's not, but we'll say it is. Who is his mouthpiece? Because he doesn't do his own promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Gotta be Punk

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lets says it's Brock, it's not, but we'll say it is. Who is his mouthpiece? Because he doesn't do his own promos.

He didnt need one in 2003.

Cyrus the Virus Callis would be perfect.

Matches for tomorrow nights Dark

Dark Order (Alan “5” Angels & 10) vs. Vary Morales & Labrone Kozone
    Thunder Rosa vs. Tesha Price
    Jack Evans vs. Jake St. Patrick
    Lance Archer vs. John Skyler
    Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Azriel
    Natural Nightmares (Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall) vs. “Pretty” Peter Avalon & Cezar Bononi
    Gunn Club (Austin & Colten Gunn) vs. D3 & M’Badu
    Tay Conti vs. Leila Grey
    Ricky Starks & Brian Cage vs. Angel Fashion & Fuego Del Sol
    Chuck Taylor vs. JD Drake
    Bear Country (Bear Bronson & Bear Boulder) vs. Cameron Stewart & Ryzin
    Matt & Mike Sydal vs. Chaos Project (Luther & Serpentico)

Some people are really gearing themself up for disappointment with this reveal I think :pac:

ThePott wrote: »
    Some people are really gearing themself up for disappointment with this reveal I think :pac:

Its the hope that kills you.

giphy.gif

Ah sure its fun to dream right.

It's been 17 years since Brock last really had a proper wrestling match the last 8 years have just been really just max 10 minutes of suplexs.

Brock doesn't offer anything to wrestling he offers name value to entertainment.

It's fun to speculate alright :D. I just don't want to hear a word of complaint when the Yeti walks out on Sunday.

• Advertisement

It's fun to speculate alright :D. I just don't want to hear a word of complaint when the Yeti walks out on Sunday.

At least Tony S is there to call it right

It's been 17 years since Brock last really had a proper wrestling match the last 8 years have just been really just max 10 minutes of suplexs.

Brock doesn't offer anything to wrestling he offers name value to entertainment.

Hes a household name draw. Sure his value has demishied slowly in WWE, but hes still a big fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The Observer has given 2 possibilities for who they think it is. People want to stay unspoiled (and it's no guarantee they're right) but I won't say who they think, mainly cos I've no idea how to use the spoiler tags.

The Observer has given 2 possibilities for who they think it is. People want to stay unspoiled (and it's no guarantee they're right) but I won't say who they think, mainly cos I've no idea how to use the spoiler tags.

Thats my que to go dark. Later guys, see you Monday

The Shaq match peaked at 1.3m viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2021/03/05/aew-revolution-2021-preview-predictions/

Preview of Revolution that I was a part of if anyone wants to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'm worried all the people mentioning RVD as the big signing on twitter and saying how great it would be, will lead to Khan feckin signing him down the line haha

They must not have seen him in Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

NITRO95 wrote: »

Okay based on that diagram, I'm now really intrigued as to how Kenny and Moxley will pull this off execution wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf at this hype, you've very little options of guys who can wrestle and would be a draw. You're basically on Lesnar (who doesn't fit the rest of AEWs roster), CM punk, The Rock, Cena or Batista.

CM Punk is probably the best and most realistic option there.

It would be cool if it was someone from NJPW though. I know it won't get the casuals but someone like Okada, Ibushi, Ospreay would be excellent in AEW.

Advertisement