Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf at this hype, you've very little options of guys who can wrestle and would be a draw. You're basically on Lesnar (who doesn't fit the rest of AEWs roster), CM punk, The Rock, Cena or Batista.

CM Punk is probably the best and most realistic option there.

It would be cool if it was someone from NJPW though. I know it won't get the casuals but someone like Okada, Ibushi, Ospreay would be excellent in AEW.
    That's the thing and partly why I don't think it's going to be someone who will wrestle. Then again anyone thinking Cena, Batista or Brock I think is delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ThePott wrote: »
    That's the thing and partly why I don't think it's going to be someone who will wrestle. Then again anyone thinking Cena, Batista or Brock I think is delusional.

Well it definitely won't be John Cena, as he's currently in Vancouver for the foreseeable future filming The Peacemaker TV series for Warner Bros and between the shutting down production while he's gone, and the whole 2 weeks quarantine going back to Canada from the States.

Not Batista either, due to his filming commitments too RE: Thor: Love & Thunder in Australia.

So they can both be ruled out anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,597 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ryback or Del Rio.

All joking it’s most likely Christian or Punk.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well it definitely won't be John Cena, as he's currently in Vancouver for the foreseeable future filming The Peacemaker TV series for Warner Bros and between the shutting down production while he's gone, and the whole 2 weeks quarantine going back to Canada from the States.

Not Batista either, due to his filming commitments too RE: Thor: Love & Thunder in Australia.

So they can both be ruled out anyways.
    Exactly, well aware of both of those cases and if people looked into it that would be obvious. Cena has even said that the filming commitments means him being at Mania is impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ryback or Del Rio.

All joking it’s most likely Christian or Punk.

I'd really like both of those options. They can still wrestle (most likely) and don't ruin the roster like Lesnar would. If its someone old who can't wrestle (like Angle, RVD, Foley, Best Hart) it'll just be a big let down. The only way that'll be kind of cool is if they're the contract signing and then the ladder match goes directly after and the unannounced entrant is someone we actually want.

I haven't seen Carlito mentioned either and he can still go based on the Rumble and would be kind of cool. Not worth this hype though

• Advertisement

Was there any reason Veda Scott wasn't signed (like travel restrictions or something)? because i thought she was really good and could commentate on one of their new shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm worried all the people mentioning RVD as the big signing on twitter and saying how great it would be, will lead to Khan feckin signing him down the line haha

They must not have seen him in Impact.

Him and his missus were certainly an..... interesting duo.

Was there any reason Veda Scott wasn't signed (like travel restrictions or something)? because i thought she was really good and could commentate on one of their new shows.

She is still actively tweeting AEW stuff and hasn’t gone blank in the company so it looks good terms are still there.

She is also tweeting a lot about Speedball bring them in together.

Edit. If they are both in Canada maybe travel restrictions have stopped her coming down for shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I've changed my opinion. I'm now certain it's Lesnar

NITRO95 wrote: »
    I've changed my opinion. I'm now certain it's Lesnar

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i'm thinking it's Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Doesn't Lesnar reside in Canada as well though?

I don't think it's Punk yet.

I do think he will be All Elite however I don't think it will happen till fans are fully back.

That is one pop you want with a live audience to sell it on PPV and TV.

Headshot wrote: »
    i'm thinking it's Christian

Yeah that's what I'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Being in Canada doesn't things out. Uno/Stu/Allie and Blade all live there too but can come in no problem. Brock with this private jet would likely have no issues.

I would love it to be him, but I'd be content even with a Monty Brown return :D

Is a wrestling show essential travel?

U.S. land borders with Canada and Mexico will remain closed to non-essential travel until at least March 21, the one-year anniversary of the restrictions to address COVID-19 transmission concerns, the U.S. government said Friday.

The new 30-day extension is the first announced under President Joe Biden and comes as the White House has been holding meetings about potentially tightening requirements for crossing at U.S. land borders in North America, officials said.

Canada has shown little interest in lifting the restrictions and recently imposed new COVID-19 testing requirements for some Canadians returning by land crossings.

Canadian Public Safety Minister Bill Blair confirmed the extension of restrictions through March 21. “We will continue to base our decisions on the best public health advice available to keep Canadians safe from #COVID19,” Blair wrote on Twitter.

On Jan. 26, the U.S. government began requiring nearly all international air travelers to get negative COVID-19 test results within three days of travel, but has no similar requirements for land border crossings.

In an executive order issued last month, Biden directed U.S. officials to “immediately commence diplomatic outreach to the governments of Canada and Mexico regarding public health protocols for land ports of entry.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-borders-idUSKBN2AJ22P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Is it just me or are they laying the Shida appreciation on thick? Surely it's going somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That refers to land crossings, no one is driving from Canada to Jacksonville haha. I can take a flight to Canada today from Seattle but I can't take the train to Vancouver. Different rules.

I didn't know he was a free agent, I'd much prefer they sign
    Dalton Castle
    instead of Ethan Page and he's in the ladder match.

Does anyone know where the rumour about Christian not having signed a WWE contract comes from?
    Is it a trustworthy one?

• Advertisement

Why?

No real reason tbh just the more I think about the more realistic an option Lesnar is than any of the others

No real reason tbh just the more I think about the more realistic an option Lesnar is than any of the others

I'm still going for Christian (after I said Angle yesterday :pac: but that video today he posted rules him out for me)

But if it was one of the big names mentioned, Lesnar is the most likely for me to for a few reasons..

He'll go where he's offered the most money.
    He's supposedly not under contract with WWE and none of his merch has been on sale since September.
    Doesn't look to have a Wrestlemania match this year.
    Khan saying yesterday it's one of his favourite wrestlers (said a few weeks ago his favourite WWE match of the last 10 years is Lesnar Vs Cena) and saying he's "commited". You'd only say committed talking about Lesnar because people will think he won't give 100%.

I just think it's not the way to introduce Christian (calling it a big, huge, massive signing) and Christian will be off to a bad start from the get go because people will keep talking about AEW overselling the announcement. You bring in Christian any other time and everyone will say it's a great signing.

I do hate people calling others idiots if they think it's a Lesnar, Punk level signing though. AEW have brought it on to themselves by bigging it up as a huge name. It's not like they said it's just a new signing and then people were mentioning the names above. I'd agree then that people are going over the top.

To be fair Christian is a 6 time world champion in both the WWF/E and NWA/TNA as well as a WWE grand slam champion.

If that's not considered a huge hall of fame worthy signing I don't know what is.

I'm sorry but when Khan says a huge massive name I don't think of Christian. I'm a fan of Christian as well and want to see him in AEW but I don't think this was the way to go to introduce this particular signing (if it happens). Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Christian would be a good signing if it was him imo. Out of the older guys he's still got something in him if healthy, and can serve as a good mentor for some of the younger guys AEW has.

I'd prefer to see Edge and Christian again though so I kind of hope it's not him.

Lesnar and Punk are really the only two possible. Punk will likely never be back to WWE so this is his best shot and Lesnar will go to whoever pays him more and Tony Khan can outbid Vince if he wants to

The dream scenario would be Christian in the ladder match and still get Lesnar/Punk as the huge name signing :D

I do hate people calling others idiots if they think it's a Lesnar, Punk level signing though.
    If this was aimed at me apologies if it came off that way, wasn't my intention. I think the more ludicrous ones are the Cena, Batista Undertaker suggestions. I just think the chances of it being a Punk or a Lesnar seems unlikely as amazing as it would be. I think the way this has been announced and teased that it won't be a signing of that calibre IMO. They didn't even announce Sting so why announce it for a PPV that's already stacked.

If this was aimed at me apologies if it came off that way, wasn't my intention. I think the more ludicrous ones are the Cena, Batista Undertaker suggestions. I just think the chances of it being a Punk or a Lesnar seems unlikely as amazing as it would be. I think the way this has been announced and teased that it won't be a signing of that calibre IMO. They didn't even announce Sting so why announce it for a PPV that's already stacked.

To get buzz and more buys! Why else would you do anything on ppv?

If this was aimed at me apologies if it came off that way. I just think the chances of it being a Punk or a Lesnar seems unlikely as amazing as it would be. I think the way this has been announced and teased that it won't be a signing of that calibre IMO. They didn't even announce Sting so why announce it for a PPV that's already stacked.

No mate, sorry, it wasn't aimed at you. Just every second message on twitter discussing it seems to be people calling others idiots for thinking it might be someone big.

• Advertisement

To get buzz and more buys! Why else would you do anything on ppv?
    If they wanted buys on the PPV and it was a massive signing, why would you not announce it on the go home show? It's already a stacked show with at least one guaranteed surprise. Like I said, they didn't tease Sting, teasing a contract signing for a wrestler isn't going to drive buys anymore IMO. It's already a stacked card with a freaking Exploding, Barbed Wire Deathmatch, I don't think a tease for a segment is going to lead to a massive surge. I think if this was a Lesnar or Punk level signing there would have been no mention of them, they would just show up, that's more AEW's style.
    No mate, sorry, it wasn't aimed at you. Just every second message on twitter discussing it seems to be people calling others idiots for thinking it might be someone big.
    Ah cool not at all, just wanted to make sure it didn't come off that way :)

Advertisement