Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Right winners, very hot closing stretch, really well laid out battle royal with several story strands in it. They put so much attention into this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Do the rankings not mean much?

Alot of tourneys and battle royals that determine no.1 contenders.

Not a knock, but is it forgotten?

Sirsok wrote: »
    Do the rankings not mean much?

Alot of tourneys and battle royals that determine no.1 contenders.

Not a knock, but is it forgotten?

They're useful story telling devices. They use the rankings too (like for the title defence on this show) but having that and those Battle Royals to kick off stories is great.

They're useful story telling devices. They use the rankings too (like for the title defence on this show) but having that and those Battle Royals to kick off stories is great.

Oh I get that, but it was initially a big selling point of the company, so wins or losses matters, it kinda seems lost in the shuffle

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Holy Shida how great is to hear a live crowd again.

Even if only one fan every couple of meters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

This is basically Shimmer but AEW. Stiff as fcuk and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This is some match

wow

That was epic a truly amazing match.

One of the greatest women matches I have had the fortune of witnessing. After the whole "100 year" thing it was obvious who was winning but still. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd say it's hard for the interviews not to call Paul Wright Big Show

• Advertisement

They slowly building a really nice women's division now with experienced women and some young green women with loads of potential.

Big issues with how disjointed and lacking in flow that match was. More concerning was the lack of crowd heat for the match which after a month long tournament should not be the case. They tried, there was some cool spots too. Shida is not the ace of this division needs. ***

They slowly building a really nice women's division now with experienced women and some young green women with loads of potential.
    I mean, it's still a weak division. It's far and away the weakest part of their roster and that's not due to lack of trying with booking.

Epic Miro

I dunno what it was about the womans match but it just didn't manage to keep my interest at all.

Rusev looks like a beast though

Sirsok wrote: »
    I dunno what it was about the womans match but it just didn't manage to keep my interest at all.

Rusev looks like a beast though
    WWE really dropped the ball with him. He is good on the mic and a great wrestler. But he is a beast full stop.

EDIT: Also, him and Kip Sabian are so complimentary and I love it.

Nut job Miro is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Cassidy falling after walking out made me lol! This feud has been meh since day one, let Miro clean house and be done with it

Huge fan of Miro

The guy is a ****ing beast

Nevermind, Miro gonna run through Kip at the next PPV and then will fight for gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

MJF to overthrow Jericho on the next Dynamite!

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Cassidy falling after walking out made me lol! This feud has been meh since day one, let Miro clean house and be done with it

Ye they did exactly that.

He didn't get much offence in on Cassidy, which makes sense too. That match did what it needed to do. Miro looked great. Enjoying the show so far, hopefully I'll still be awake for the main event!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Matt Hardy has "Go away heat" with me. Can't stand him.

Just have Page wreck him in 2 minutes.

This show is really going top heavy. As in they are loading the next part of the show with ladder match. 2 debuts. Street fight and barb wire deathmatch.

Expecting it not to finish at 4 anyway!

Looking like a 4:45 job, any cans left? Haha

Matt Hardy should not be working singles matches on ppv that go that long. Some people hate the Dark Order stuff but I kinda like it so I'll give it a pass.

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Looking like a 4:45 job, any cans left? Haha

Rushed to the offie at 9.45....so loads.

Reckoned the pizza i was gonna get can wait until tomorrow...when I will need it...while lying in bed hungover...and fearing the human interaction of a delivery person...ill watch some Clint Eastwood movies to "man up"

Max has it.

• Advertisement

Not gonna lie, this has been the most predictable AEW PPV so far. Only thing I can't predict is the 6th entry

It's been good. Not bad, not great, but good.

Advertisement