Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So, genuine question. Are cinematic matches cool for everyone now? With the exception of the awful Braun Bray match they have been pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A bit surprised it's Christian especially after that Royal Rumble appearance and his bestie been there. Me thinks contract and health approval broke down and AEW swooped in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I remember being stoked when Christian joined TNA was a massive fan, and felt like an awesome get.

When he came back to WWE with such little fanfare I was disappointed but it built into something more.

For his comeback not to be part of Edges comeback is a positive but its very underwhelming from AEW. If I'm being honest this PPV has been pretty underwhelming overall.

First time staying up watching AEW as it showed alot of promise had a mania feel leading up to it but won't be doing it again I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's only a few purebred roid monkeys left in wrestling and Brian Cage may be the worst of the lot. State of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised with his RR return for WWE that now he is in AEW

Christian showed when he went to TNA that he wasn't afraid to do what he felt was right for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Apart from the ladder match, it's been predictable as someone else eluded to. But without being too smart, that was the lower/mid-card, lets see what these last two matches have to offer.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So, genuine question. Are cinematic matches cool for everyone now? With the exception of the awful Braun Bray match they have been pretty great.

Everything outside boneyard match is KAK.

Reigns and Owens could of been cinematic but was an all out brawl instead.

A real fight without the stupid camera angles are always welcome

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Apart from the ladder match, it's been predictable as someone else eluded to. But without being too smart, that was the lower/mid-card, lets see what these last two matches have to offer.
    That was me and Team Taz don't win here as there is already a contender for Darby's title and also Sting.

And Mox ain't winning later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sirsok wrote: »
    I remember being stoked when Christian joined TNA was a massive fan, and felt like an awesome get.

When he came back to WWE with such little fanfare I was disappointed but it built into something more.

For his comeback not to be part of Edges comeback is a positive but its very underwhelming from AEW. If I'm being honest this PPV has been pretty underwhelming overall.

First time staying up watching AEW as it showed alot of promise had a mania feel leading up to it but won't be doing it again I feel.

No idea why I'm still up. Watched a few AEW PPVs previously a few days or weeks after and was very impressed by some moments but this isn't doing it for me at all

Wow, these set-pieces are so inconsistent. Darby went from like 3 metres away to 10 metres away. Dafuq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus Hook is jacked he didn’t take after daddy.

Wrestling has an identity crisis.

It doesn't know what is meant to be.

In a time when all of cinema tries to build a universe consistency, wrestling continues to not know what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I never wanna see another cinematic match again.

I AM SO SURPRISED......

That Sting got the pin. Thought Darby would get the pin but knew this would be the result.

Ah I enjoyed that, as cheesy as it was. I'm a Sting mark, so that was grand. Darby Allen did nothing apart from the big dive, that's not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Entirely worth it for that Sting/Darby entrance, Tazz on commentary and jacked up Hook.

On Dynamite they had 67 year old Tully Blanchard pin Luchasauras.

Tonight they had 61 year old Sting pin Starks.

Tell me why this is actually a good thing.

Overall, 2.5 outta 5 so far. The battle royal has been the stand out match, the ladder match was decent but the finish ruined it for me.

J. Marston wrote: »
    On Dynamite they had 67 year old Tully Blanchard pin Luchasauras.

Tonight they had 61 year old Sting pin Starks.

Tell me why this is actually a good thing.

If you can't see how being in a semi main with Sting in his debut match in the company isn't a rub then I dunno what to tell you. It would've been so dumb to pin Sting in his first match I can't even comprehend it.

Despite my disapointment in this PPV. This match is the real reason I bought it.

I'm generally all for positivity in wrestling , have have tried to just accept what is giving. But I had high hopes for this PPV whereas with WWE , my exoectation is low so I'm generally left happy enough

But if this exploding barb wore deathwatch doesn't deliver I'll cry.

I love my garbage rasslin every since I chipped in on a backyard wrestling dvd and bought the backyard game on ps2 back in the day

Sick Nick Mondo Weedwhacker and salt to the wound is my jam

• Advertisement

Hope this is good. I generally prefer these rubbish hardcore brawls over matches that work a body part for 25 minutes.

Cracking up at Mox in the Onita jacket. Imagine not loving that man

Cracking up at Mox in the Onita jacket. Imagine not loving that man

Mox seems like tma guy Bruce Willis would be if he thought he really is John McLane

The ref looks like the state pathologist

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

nazmoalex wrote: »
    The ref looks like the state pathologist

Like I get why hes protected, makes sense, but its a silly visual.

beakerjoe wrote: »

But...but...but is explosion proof

Slow build here is Japenese mixed with western wrestling mixed with deathmatch, not complaining at all.

beakerjoe wrote: »

100%

One thing I will see, blood needed to be a thing and it came early.

EDIT: Moxley now has the Austin paint he had against Hart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

The ref is a beehive keeper

Advertisement