Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Exploding barb wire ropes should be standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I was like that explosion was meh then I remembered how much I love table spots and reconfigured my life perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Omega needs to bleed at some stage. Weirdly it's a squash otherwise in a bizarre deathmatch way.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

The “explosions” here are very basic; they aren’t really adding much.

Enjoying the Barbed Wire element of the match though.

Don’t think the PPV has lived up to the hype - as others have said, a lot of the results were predictable, and the signing of Christian doesn’t do much for me either. Appreciate he’s been good in the past, but not sure what he’ll add to AEW if I’m being honest.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    The “explosions” here are very basic; they aren’t really adding much.

Enjoying the Barbed Wire element of the match though.

Don’t think the PPV has lived up to the hype - as others have said, a lot of the results were predictable, and the signing of Christian doesn’t do much for me either. Appreciate he’s been good in the past, but not sure what he’ll add to AEW if I’m being honest.
    Almost any barbed wire explosive death match is like this. It's not the explosions that are a thing, the barbed wire is the big thing. It's basically a "blade both peeps"match and they still get stuck to the barbed wire. It's pretty extreme and the explosions are never the focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Never liked the CZW backyard sh¡te, just pure knacker carny stuff. Having said that, this match has been pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That was a clever way to protected the 1WA.

Those two fúcking dopes would have to show up.

Yeah, 2.5 outta 5. And that is being kind. Main event was solid enough until the goof brothers showed up.

Yay Eddie Kingston face turn....

• Advertisement

What the fcuk? Nothing happened the ring but Kingston is selling it? Wut?

EDIT: WWE have had broken rings, the ring did not change. It was very light pyro from the turnbuckles. Bizarre. It takes away from the main event.

I take that back... 0.5 fooking state of that! Hahahahahha
    Sparklers

Honestly... That was the ring exploding?? Wow..

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Almost any barbed wire explosive death match is like this. It's not the explosions that are a thing, the barbed wire is the big thing. It's basically a "blade both peeps"match and they still get stuck to the barbed wire. It's pretty extreme and the explosions are never the focus.

Would make sense if the Good brothers didn't get battered with a bat covered in it and were seemingly unharmed.

That "explosion" at the end was TNA electrified cage match bad.

Thought Gilberg was about to show up....

Like, there is two options here

1. the match either goes 30 minutes or there is no failsafe and the ring literally collapses

2. The match ends before the 30 minutes and the explosions don't happen

This was the inbetween and it was awful. Took away from an honest to glob brutal match and makes it seem farcical.

Man I enjoyed that match until the Good Bros turned up. Kingstons turn was a big pop but that expolsion finish.... a big dud.

Feel bad for Mox and Kingston to have to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

**** me haha. The show was decent and the barbed wire match was on it's way to making it overall good but that sparkler ending killed it for me haha.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Would make sense if the Good brothers didn't get battered with a bat covered in it and were seemingly unharmed.

That "explosion" at the end was TNA electrified cage match bad.
    Dude, the end of it changed my opinion and I know agree haha. Absolute garbage end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The match was terrific. Two incredible performances particularly Mox. The finish was what it was, the interference was inevitable, up til that point I was ready to go full 5 stars on it. But I ended up on ****1/2.

The post match stuff had a brilliantly worked story, a gorgeous conclusion with Kingston making the save. But, the glaring problem was what he made the save from looked weak as hell. This stuff lives and dies based on how impressive the explosion is and this explosion was a wet fart in an otherwise excellent story. Really a shame because that's what people will remember.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Dude, the end of it changed my opinion and I know agree haha. Absolute garbage end.

I imagine something just didnt go off. Awful luck.

• Advertisement

What the hell was that? Eddie Kingston saves Jon Moxley from the deadly threat of spooters, to use an OSW term.

Rubbish.

I'm still in disbelief... The hack of that. That is beyond TNA levels of sh¡tness. Ring is gonna explode..... Bahahahahaha!

Here is the messed up thing. WWE have done collapsing rings in regular single matches. AEW can't be arsed doing it in an an exploding barbed wire deathmatch. That's kinda fcuked. No question this is the worst PPV in AEW history and it's not even beating NXT or WWE for best PPV of the first 3 months.

It was a good ppv. No real bad matches, hell I even got in Page v Hardy. Its a shame it ended like this.

Goldberg walks through more dangerous looking pyro than that.

Average to poor PPV.

Too many tag matches.

Ladder match was good.

The ending instantly goes into the wrestlecrap hall of fame.

The match was terrific. Two incredible performances particularly Mox. The finish was what it was, the interference was inevitable, up til that point I was ready to go full 5 stars on it. But I ended up on ****1/2.

The post match stuff had a brilliantly worked story, a gorgeous conclusion with Kingston making the save. But, the glaring problem was what he made the save from looked weak as hell. This stuff lives and dies based on how impressive the explosion is and this explosion was a wet fart in an otherwise excellent story. Really a shame because that's what people will remember.
    I inherently disagree. The point of a barbed wire deathmatch is that it's literally a cage match but more violent. Good brothers interfering knocks it from a 4.5 to a 3.5. Then the ending with their being no failsafe and it literally being sparklers on the turnbuckles knocks it from 3.5 to 2.5. Having Kingston sell the ring exploding when it's so obvious it hasn't knocks it from 2.5 to 2. The whole match is ruined by this crap. Because a finish and it's after effects are just as important as the match itself.

Kingston basically saved Mox from Adam Bombs pyro.

Remember the Ambrose/Wyatt exploding TV spot? And how ridiculed it was? Well its now not the worse spot Mox has been in!

It was a great match til Gallows and Anderson’s involvement (as others have said also), but the explosion at the end was laughable - when AEW arguable had/have more eyes than ever on their product, thats how they close a PPV... Pretty poor!

If WWE ended EC with something similar, they would be destroyed...

Jaysus man thats a generous star rating your going by. Nearly five stars? Comparable to HBK and Taker at Mania 25. Would ya give over.

No way would or could that match be classified as anywhere near epic

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It was a good ppv. No real bad matches, hell I even got in Page v Hardy. Its a shame it ended like this.
    It was a good PPV until the end. It was so predictable but had good wrestling The ending is WWE overbooking to nth degree. It goes from good to average for that. Worst AEW ppv by a country mile

(also, I miss you. Hopefully we can do a boards Low Blows event for Survivor Series)

Advertisement