Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Evil Uno thinking "phew at least no one's talking about me selling a botch"

https://twitter.com/TheElitistonYT2/status/1368739986984505344

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Evil Uno thinking "phew at least no one's talking about me selling a botch"

https://twitter.com/TheElitistonYT2/status/1368739986984505344

Not to be pedantic but Marko didn't botch. Uno didn't think he had the space to bump on the floor cos of other people and did the single worst battle royal elimination spot I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley would love nothing more than to see WWE legend Christian take his talents to AEW.
    From 24th Feb

I'm curious what they'll actually do with Christian now that he's here. I'd love to see them acknowledge his history with Jericho, or Sting

From 24th Feb

I'm curious what they'll actually do with Christian now that he's here. I'd love to see them acknowledge his history with Jericho, or Sting

Tbf they're pretty good about that stuff. 1st thing they mentioned when Ethan Page debuted was his history with Darby.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Tbf they're pretty good about that stuff. 1st thing they mentioned when Ethan Page debuted was his history with Darby.

Yeah they're probably the best at it alright.

• Advertisement

I was really disappointed with that PPV tbh. Probably more so because I was really looking forward to it.

I did enjoy the main event but the "explosion" just ruined it for me. Absolute joke.

Tag title match was was really good

The battle royal was grand but felt like this should be on the pre show or something. Went very long.

I like Christian but they went about his signing completely wrong. They completely oversold the signing. Not mentioning it and him showing up as a surprise would have been so much better. Or at least don't build it up to be something so massive.

Women's title match really bored me tbh.

Didn't think the ladder match was anything special. Also can't stand Ethan Page so not happy with that signing at all. Delighted Cody got booed though when he came back out :pac:

Hopefully when the pandemic ends that will be the end of cinematic matches.

Did anyone notice Jade Cargill in the front row with the jobbers and they show her applauding Cody. What?

I don't know I'm probably being over critical but I thought it was going to be a brilliant show.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

Is AEW still marketed for the workrate fans? Would someone who loved Attitude era/ruthless aggression WWE enjoy it?

Mecrab wrote: »
    Is AEW still marketed for the workrate fans? Would someone who loved Attitude era/ruthless aggression WWE enjoy it?

Mixed. It's attitude era fans, some lost WCW fans and a section of fans of NJPW. The 2nd indie boom section of fans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I recall being a teenager and seeing a clip on Raw of Mick Foley in one of those exploding deathmatches. I thought it looked so cool.

I finally saw it years later and it was awful. It's basically a load of fireworks going off at once, the only difference with the AEW one last night is that not all the fireworks went off at the same time.

I hoped that when AEW thought to do this match they had figure out a way to make it work. It looked just like those matches from 30 years ago.

They should have gone down the cinematic route.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

Mixed. It's attitude era fans, some lost WCW fans and a section of fans of NJPW. The 2nd indie boom section of fans too.

Thanks, I'll give the next Dynamite a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I get that fans are disappoonted with the how the main event ended and Im definitely in that camp, but Im also dosappointed with so many posters are labeling it a joke.

It clearly was an error.... it wasnt the planned finish. Had it beenplanned that why, then yeah its a joke. But as it appears that something went wrong, its hardly a joke.

Had it went to plan I have few doubts it wouldnt be impressive. Its just very much bad luck.

I choose to believe the real big signing was actually Maki Itoh.

I know they had all the other matches, but must be pretty annoying being one of the fans in attendance only to have a cinematic match

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WcAKip5.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mecrab wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll give the next Dynamite a try

Dynamite definitely worth a try. It’s a great weekly watch. Support it through Fite.tv it’s only $4.99 a month.

I know they had all the other matches, but must be pretty annoying being one of the fans in attendance only to have a cinematic match

Im done with cinematic matches probably since Gargano and Ciampa.

Since then Hardy v Sammy, V.Dream vs Cole, Braun vs Fiend, this one..... all tripe.

Its jumped the shark.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im done with cinematic matches probably since Gargano and Ciampa.

Since then Hardy v Sammy, V.Dream vs Cole, Braun vs Fiend, this one..... all tripe.

Its jumped the shark.

Ah Beakerjoe, there's no way you didn't mark out for that Sting/Darby entrance!

And I know I marked out big for jacked topless Hook.

All in all I got what I wanted.

I get that fans are disappoonted with the how the main event ended and Im definitely in that camp, but Im also dosappointed with so many posters are labeling it a joke.

It clearly was an error.... it wasnt the planned finish. Had it beenplanned that why, then yeah its a joke. But as it appears that something went wrong, its hardly a joke.

Had it went to plan I have few doubts it wouldnt be impressive. Its just very much bad luck.

It could have been saved a bit if someone had told Kingston to get up. Him lying there just made it so much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cannot understand the appeal, for the life of me.

The "Queen of shít and piss". Her "army of simps". The middle fingers. The tantrum in that tournament match. She's plastered all over SquaredCircle on Reddit and I just don't get it.

"I used to be with, then they changed what it was..."

I'm only joking. I only know her from the tournament, but just going by the reaction online seems she's a bigger deal than Christian

I get the appeal of Maki Itoh, I really do and I get why a fan base that loves Jon Silver and Orange Cassidy would be into her. And tbf she's got a really good Twitter game.

But it's not for me. As a rule of thumb no meme wrestlers are for me. People who've seen maybe her 1 match in the AEW tournament, a few tweets and a couple gifs going on about how great a joshi wrestler she is when there's like so many better joshi talents is also particularly head wrecking.

• Advertisement

Surely when the pandemic is over Khan will have to start releasing people? The roster is massive and he keeps adding to it. So many that could/should be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Surely when the pandemic is over Khan will have to start releasing people? The roster is massive and he keeps adding to it. So many that could/should be released.
    Well with Dark, Dark: Elevation and another TNT show, they might be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Thought the plan was to "loan" wrestlers for want of a better word out to the other companies that they have an agreement with?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cannot understand the appeal, for the life of me.

The "Queen of shít and piss". Her "army of simps". The middle fingers. The tantrum in that tournament match. She's plastered all over SquaredCircle on Reddit and I just don't get it.

"I used to be with, then they changed what it was..."

That makes me feel a bit better about getting downvoted in that sub all the time. :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Definitely getting heavy but will be interesting to see how it pans out once the other TNT show is announced on top of the two versions of Dark. Ethan Page and Christian are both disappointments imo, the lesser men of the teams they were in. I was happy to see Maki though! She's a bit of craic at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, that extra hour on TV is really needed with their roster now imo. As it is 2 hours isn't enough to show it off and Dark is good for developing talent but they need somewhere to go after that. Can't keep on having huge multi man matches.

Ah Beakerjoe, there's no way you didn't mark out for that Sting/Darby entrance!

And I know I marked out big for jacked topless Hook.

All in all I got what I wanted.

Im glad you liked Hook:pac:

Entrance aside, I didnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The issue if they don't sign a lot of this talent to some sort of contract the WWE will hoover them up just to block AEW from being able to use them as many have stated the moment they appeared on Dark the WWE straight in touch with them ready to offer them a development contract.

And if they decide to be a touring company once the pandemic is over a lot of them will be used there as well.

the cynic in me makes me think they only signed Paul and Christian because they're seen as "WWE guys". I know Christian went to TNA before, but I think the general consensus with Paul Wight signing wasn't so much "Oh my God, they signed Big Show", it was more "I thought he was a WWE Lifer!"

• Advertisement

Im glad you liked Hook:pac:

Entrance aside, I didnt like it.

Hahaha he's shot up my pro wrestling hot list after last night.

FYI to everyone else tracking this prestigious list the current number 1 is Kaito Ishida (I don't count Kota Ibushi, he is not a human).

Advertisement