Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think and I could be wrong, but before MJF originally joined the Inner Circle, he mentioned "the lone wolf needing to join a wolfpack" back in September 2020. To which the Inner Circle were crucial..

And last night was the conclusion to that plot point with MJF and his new faction, where it diverges from here, well it remains to be seen. But I am compelled nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to seeing Christian vs Omega as I think they will have a banger of a match and someone like Christian losing clean to Kenny will add to Kenny's run.

Just hope Christian doesn't have to much ring rush after being out for so long coming back for a Royal Rumble is fine however can he still go for 20 minutes if he can I really think they will have an Instant Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Just a bit of news out of WOR, although it's not confirmed, Dave Meltzer seems to be under the impression that AEW Revolution smashed their previous ppv record by a significant margin (I'd imagine maybe by 20-30k). Says it was likeky down to several factors. Also said it's particularly impressive given it was on the same weekend as a huge UFC show (that did in and around a million buys) and went up against the NBA All Star Game and the Meghan/Harry interview. Plus you gotta factor in it's a PPV taking place during a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just a bit of news out of WOR, although it's not confirmed, Dave Meltzer seems to be under the impression that AEW Revolution smashed their previous ppv record by a significant margin (I'd imagine maybe by 20-30k). Says it was likeky down to several factors. Also said it's particularly impressive given it was on the same weekend as a huge UFC show (that did in and around a million buys) and went up against the NBA All Star Game and the Meghan/Harry interview. Plus you gotta factor in it's a PPV taking place during a pandemic.

I hope future PPVs are affected by the dud ending and the "thumbs in the middle" most fans seem to have regarding its quality.

The PPV was AEWs worst to date, but thats only because of the high bar set. Add in how much a hot crowd can improve a PPV, and I think the best is still to come.

Like this weeks TV was excellent, but I still think there is room to improve.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hope future PPVs are affected by the dud ending and the "thumbs in the middle" most fans seem to have regarding its quality.

The PPV was AEWs worst to date, but thats only because of the high bar set. Add in how much a hot crowd can improve a PPV, and I think the best is still to come.

Like this weeks TV was excellent, but I still think there is room to improve.

Agreed and honestly I don't see the ending of the show having any or very little effect.

And for sure the show is strong right now and I think can only get better.

There was a few issues with the show outside of the dud I'd like them to change which, hopefully, they will. But a strong number would be great news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I could definitely see Inner Circle Vs MJFs crowd as a Stadium Stampede 2 at Double or Nothing.

Before that though we should get some good matches. I'd imagine FTR Vs Santana and Ortiz, hopefully a hoss fight between Hager and Wardlow where they ruin the place, then you can MJF and Spears Vs Jericho and Sammy or Sammy Vs MJF/Spears.

Also next weeks episode (Paddys day theme) looks great on paper.

If it was WWE, we'd have a Guinness bar brawl or a Swoggle on a pole match. Penta v Cody could be top notch, as can the ever improving baker v Rosa.

If it was WWE, we'd have a Guinness bar brawl or a Swoggle on a pole match. Penta v Cody could be top notch, as can the ever improving baker v Rosa.

Cody/Penta do have strong chemistry together.

What I like about Baker/Rosa is that it's the main event next week but it doesn't feel forced. It's one of the strongest feuds they have, it's been built up over a decent period of time and they're the 2 best female talents working in the company at the moment. They fully deserve this spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Baker vs Rosa main eventing a taped show is such a great move. It's giving the much criticised (overly criticised IMO) women's division a first main event while also taking the pressure off Baker and Rosa because any errors can be hidden with some editing. Britt has her character down perfectly but still isn't a super worker so this just makes total sense.

Cody/Penta do have strong chemistry together.

What I like about Baker/Rosa is that it's the main event next week but it doesn't feel forced. It's one of the strongest feuds they have, it's been built up over a decent period of time and they're the 2 best female talents working in the company at the moment. They fully deserve this spot.

It has a big fight feel. Both women deserve it. Ive been very critical of Baker's in ring work over the last year. I felt she was too cautious and her work didnt look legit. But shes come one a great deal and her character work is mostly top drawer.

Cody and Penta hopefully will be a sampler of a bigger PPV match. I can see these two having a blood feud and could bring out the best in Penta considering his LU history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

IMPACT must have paid for the bomb :D

Loved that, thought it was a fantastic episode overall and they dealt with the fallout from Revolution really well. Mox and Eddie's promo was great and dic*head Omega is one of the best Kenny's.

Fenix/Matt was so good, just balls to the wall action, like some of the stompers that used to kick off Nitro back in the day. Really enjoyed Darby/Sky and the six-woman tag too, that is a serious main event they have going for the St Patrick's Day Slam.

The closing angle was fantastic, just more quality booking from AEW on yet another cracking episode of Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itoh just continuing to sing was funny.

But
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Get Shida away from Maki Itoh.

Those mic hits, for God sake.
    I agree on this. I have noticed a few times the women just come across as not being as serious as the men. While Thunder and Britt go okay, the others come across as less serious, not selling moves well or barely hitting like the mic. And Vickie should stop getting physically involved. He using the Kendo stick to choke Shida looked so badly done.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Itoh just continuing to sing was funny.

But

I agree on this. I have noticed a few times the women just come across as not being as serious as the men. While Thunder and Britt go okay, the others come across as less serious, not selling moves well or barely hitting like the mic. And Vickie should stop getting physically involved. He using the Kendo stick to choke Shida looked so badly done.

Vicki G hasnt been used well at all. She could easily be used better. Shes just kinda there

Riho vs Maki Itoh announced as the first main event on Dark Elevation with Jungle Boy vs Danny Limelight also on the card, which could be really good.

I do think they could have helped Itoh-Chan a bit more in introducing her. Nerds like myself are clued in but even for a lot of AEW fans who don't have any real interest in or knowledge of Joshi I don't know if Excalibur just saying she is a failed idol and throwing out info about her in TJPW are really enough to help her in getting over with a mostly new audience. They should do a video package or something, hopefully see more stuff like that on the new show.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,271 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just finished watching it.

Superb show.

You know we say Kenny/Page v The Young Bucks one of the best Tag matches around but i'm drooling at the thought of Pac/Fenix v The Young Bucks and we just saw smidgen of what it could be like with Fenix v Matt Jackson with a superb match.

Great to see Scorpio going heel, we saw some of it beginning to fester from the last Dynamite but he's all in now. I like the way he didnt concentrate on Darby's heel until he went nuts and attacked Darby after the match, felt that was a nice heelish move.

Maki Itoh continuing to sing while everyone fights was brilliant and just comedy gold for me

I absolute cannot wait to see Penta v Cody, this should be a phenomenon match, should really show case how good these guys are (if people don't know already)

I did not see that MJF ending coming at all, love a good old twist like that.

Dark: Elevation matches.

Riho vs. Itoh in the main event,
    Jungle Boy vs. Danny Limelight,
    Max Caster vs. Dante Martin,
    Tay Conti vs. Ashley Vox,
    Brandon Cutler vs. Powerhouse Hobbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Elevation is just the same as Dark but on a different night and with a different commentary team?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Elevation is just the same as Dark but on a different night and with a different commentary team?

Yup looks to be

First match of the night is

Jungle Boy vs. Danny Limelight

Going to be a great opener

Another thing to add about Dynamite, I felt the damage control from Mox V Omega was done well. Kingston is the type of guy that can rescue anything and I found he's done a great job.

AEW are lucky to have Eddie, seems to be a real leader there.

Omega's promo was nicely done too.

4th ranked show of the night with 743k

• Advertisement

I see Kip and Miro vs OC and Chucky T is being continued...... man just let it die Tony. The bloom is off the rose that is Orange Cassidy in my eyes and Miro is not progressing in this feud.

Just let it end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I see Kip and Miro vs OC and Chucky T is being continued...... man just let it die Tony. The bloom is off the rose that is Orange Cassidy in my eyes and Miro is not progressing in this feud.

Just let it end

I think it's mainly just kip and Chuck Taylor. I'd be ok seeing Miro Vs Orange Cassidy in a proper match.

Although would prefer seeing Miro in with someone else. Him Vs Cody or him Vs Lance archer would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm sort of annoyed that they have Christian going straight for Omega despite making the point about Ethan Page earlier in the night that people in the back were annoyed that he went straight into the Ladder match

Kingston would have been the more natural progression here but him and Mox are going to be wasted on the good brothers it looks

I can see OC getting the pin on Kip to let both sides move on which in turn leads to Miro finally annihilating Sabian after the match.

I'm sort of annoyed that they have Christian going straight for Omega despite making the point about Ethan Page earlier in the night that people in the back were annoyed that he went straight into the Ladder match

Kingston would have been the more natural progression here but him and Mox are going to be wasted on the good brothers it looks

Id say Christian will be a one and done match. Kingston vs Omega has more juice to it. Im not made about he and Mox facing the GBs but im ok with it as a holding position for now.

Kingston v Omega could be fantastic. Ive always likened Kingston to Mick Foley in how he connects with an audience and his passion. He and Omega could have a feud similar to Rock v Mankind from late 98 /early 99.

I can see OC getting the pin on Kip to let both sides move on which in turn leads to Miro finally annihilating Sabian after the match.

They could have done this last weekend. Why drag it out... its not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Kingston - Omega would be great, but I would really like to see Eddie win his next big match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

John Pollock on Post Wrestling made a good point; They had a Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch, couple of days later and both Moxley and Omega show practically no effects. Moxley is joking around with Kingston, Omega is 69'ing with Callis. Dumb.

Who wants selling in their wrestling when 69'ing is on the table? Smart.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    John Pollock on Post Wrestling made a good point; They had a Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch, couple of days later and both Moxley and Omega show practically no effects. Moxley is joking around with Kingston, Omega is 69'ing with Callis. Dumb.

Its a negative, but a minor one. But yeah, Mox and Kenny should be selling more, I agree.

I personally wasnt happy that Mox and Eddie were suddenly buddies again. No hesitation. Im not saying they cant reconcile, just maybe not as fast. Id of have liked some period of Mox not fully sure he could trust Eddie.

That said, Id say the original plan was for Eddie to take a week or so off to sell the injuries of the bomb, but since the bomb went dud, they had to change course naturally.

Its a minor negative.

Advertisement