Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Was on a YouTube rabbit hole and could only find 2 videos of MJF out of character, his devotion to kayfabe and ability to turn an entire heel faction face is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dark Elevation debuts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Dark Elevation debuts tonight.

Seems like Elevation is going to take on the current Dark format of having between 10 - 14 squash matches and Dark will return to its original format of 2 or 3 competitive lower card matches

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Seems like Elevation is going to take on the current Dark format of having between 10 - 14 squash matches and Dark will return to its original format of 2 or 3 competitive lower card matches
    The constant squashes were making Dark a bit pointless the last while I thought, if the point of the show is to give guys TV time don't make the show skippable

The more I think about it using Alex Abrahantes as Penta's translator/smary manager might be a stroke of genius and just what Penta needs it they go with it full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Officer999

MJF turned 25 today. Incredible to think he’s so young still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Officer999 wrote: »
    MJF turned 25 today. Incredible to think he’s so young still.

He's a prodigy. In different ways than people like Ospreay or Ibushi who were wrestling geniuses at a young age. MJF is a genius on the mic and with his character work. One thing though that shouldn't be overlooked this year is how much better he's gotten bell to bell. He's gone from "fine" to being very good. The next step is great, and honestly given how good he is at everything else I'd not be the least bit surprised if he makes it to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He's a prodigy. In different ways than people like Ospreay or Ibushi who were wrestling geniuses at a young age. MJF is a genius on the mic and with his character work. One thing though that shouldn't be overlooked this year is how much better he's gotten bell to bell. He's gone from "fine" to being very good. The next step is great, and honestly given how good he is at everything else I'd not be the least bit surprised if he makes it to that level.

He is very similar to the Miz in terms or natural charisma, speaking ability and self awareness. The difference is Miz never had the same environment to improve from an in ring POV. MJF is surrounded by guys who try put on the best show every night, where as Miz was raised to learn the WWE style.

MJF has come on a lot. He was underwhelming in his match v Cody but, as can be seen from his last match, can hang with the best of them at least. And hes still young, only way is up.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He is very similar to the Miz in terms or natural charisma, speaking ability and self awareness. The difference is Miz never had the same environment to improve from an in ring POV. MJF is surrounded by guys who try put on the best show every night, where as Miz was raised to learn the WWE style.

MJF has come on a lot. He was underwhelming in his match v Cody but, as can be seen from his last match, can hang with the best of them at least. And hes still young, only way is up.

That’s actually a really great comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

That’s actually a really great comparison.
    Miz always had a irritating tone to him where some of MJF's work is flat out hilarious

Sydal vs Omega tomorrow night this could a great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Tony Schiavone is doing this through Kickstarter.
    BUTTS IN SEATS: THE TONY SCHIAVONE STORY, a new biographical graphic novel covering the career of legendary professional wrestling announcer Tony Schiavone!

More info here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sourcepointpress/butts-in-seats-the-tony-shiavone-story

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah, Sydal though has had zero character development since joining AEW, cant imagine the match going on long.

It's not tomorrow night, it's next week

What did everyone think of Paul White on commentary?

It's his first time so it'd be unfair for me to be too critical. I thought he was...ok. Think he could up the energy a bit and I thought he was a bit too "inside" as if he was reviewing a match on a podcast or something rather than being a colour commentator. Hopefully he'll get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,271 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So far i'm half way through Elevation

Paul bores the hell out of me, so you're right he needs to up the energy

I'm sure he'll get better in time

What did everyone think of Paul White on commentary?

It's his first time so it'd be unfair for me to be too critical. I thought he was...ok. Think he could up the energy a bit and I thought he was a bit too "inside" as if he was reviewing a match on a podcast or something rather than being a colour commentator. Hopefully he'll get better.

I'm just a couple of matches in and I think he's been very good. Seems to be going for more of a real sports feel and I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,271 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nakazawa new gimmick made me laugh

Being Omega's assistant and wearing the headset while wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So, what's the difference between dark and dark:elevation?

How many matches did the poor crowd have to sit through?

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So, what's the difference between dark and dark:elevation?

How many matches did the poor crowd have to sit through?

No fans in attendance for it. Only the ringside wrestlers. Though it was a taping that went well over 6 hours.

Also interesting to note Excalibur apparently produced the commentary for Elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No fans in attendance for it. Only the ringside wrestlers. Though it was a taping that went well over 6 hours.

Also interesting to note Excalibur apparently produced the commentary for Elevation.

Was it not a double TV taping? They couldn't have taped 60 dark matches as well could they?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Was it not a double TV taping? They couldn't have taped 60 dark matches as well could they?

To the best of my knowledge they taped same evening as the double Dynamite taping but I could be off on that. Though I'm pretty sure that's the case given what I'd heard today.

Watching Dark. I'm sorry, I know he's popular but Luchasaurus' leg slaps are the worst in AEW. So slow and obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since she's been winning matches lately, is Kilynn King AEW yet? Is she part Irish or just using Irish looking font/green gear?
    I've said before I think they need to give Leyla a push. Something about her I like. Now she's signed, they may do that.

Was trying to see where 10 was busted open, but wasn't sure.

Tensions in Team Taz.

Trying to figure out if Billy and Aubrey are friends or if he just annoys her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That Tony Khan promo was painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Couldn't make out what he was saying for a lot of it.

This week's paid ad on Impact said Tony S has an interview with Sting and Darby, but while the picture showed that, Tony just said he talks to Sting. No mention of Darby. How many weeks since he's appeared has Sting been interviewed now?

Also they said the
    Penta/Cody
    match will open tonight

J. Marston wrote: »
    That Tony Khan promo was painful.

Hopefully he never becomes a regular on air authority figure. One time was too much.

Don't forget it's a midnight start time tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

There's supposedly some wild spots and tonnes of blood in tonight's womens match with Britt and Rosa. Looking forward to seeing it once I stumble back from the pub tonight!

Advertisement