Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

There's supposedly some wild spots and tonnes of blood in tonight's womens match with Britt and Rosa. Looking forward to seeing it once I stumble back from the pub tonight!
    michael-collins-rea-screenshot1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's supposedly some wild spots and tonnes of blood in tonight's womens match with Britt and Rosa. Looking forward to seeing it once I stumble back from the pub tonight!

Lucky bollix :P

Looking forward to it. I've been avoiding spoilers online. Hope TR gets a big win for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I read that one of the competitors was said to be unrecognisable the end of the match. Bodes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I read that one of the competitors was said to be unrecognisable the end of the match. Bodes well.

Rosa's paint comes off?
    How is it being advertised as a main event if it's unsanctioned lights off? Wouldn't that mean the match before it is the main event?

• Advertisement

And the fite TV app isn't working for me atm :(

And the fite TV app isn't working for me atm :(

There are other places to WatchWrestling.

Working now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Christ sake!

Penta should definitely of went over Cody in that match!

Hugely disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cody can **** all the way off, and then he can keep ****ing off.....

• Advertisement

Cody will be HHH 2002-2010 soon enough. Already got booed at Revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 60,595 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jade has pure star presence about her.

I like the name, the pinnacle. Great promo from MJF.

I have a feeling the ring might actually blow up during tag match killing off Mox.

I like the name, the pinnacle. Great promo from MJF.

Found it really boring myself.Just felt like he was rambling and that name isn't great.Hope it grows on me.

Need far better entrance music for the group as well.

https://streamable.com/0crirn

State of that. Gallows and Anderson are awful, AEW need to stop attaching those clowns to their biggest guys.

Brilliant main event! Both girls looked great. Loved it!

What a main event!Britt and Rosa are two tough ladies!Really great match!

Brilliant hardcore match.

Britt is a lunatic, her face was approaching Eddie at Judgement Day levels of red.

Britt is a lunatic, her face was approaching Eddie at Judgement Day levels of red.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1372366356683878402?s=19

• Advertisement

ydp6zsww1pn61.png

Dr2xXOHXgAIlxYN.jpg

Could be a Becky-esque star-making moment for her.

Edit: Hi-res pic...

flrocda93pn61.jpg

Look at the blood dripping! Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ydp6zsww1pn61.png

Dr2xXOHXgAIlxYN.jpg

Could be a Becky-esque star-making moment for her.

Edit: Hi-res pic...

flrocda93pn61.jpg

Look at the blood dripping! Nuts.

That's bleeding for your job at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Really great stuff. Fair play to the two of them, they both looked like stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

There were bits and pieces about that episode I wasn't wild about. Though I thought the MJF promo was excellent and absolutely in the right tone. All the jokey stuff was stripped away and you got some meat on the bones of that feud with Inner Circle. He's 24, and just has pro wrestling down, this was stunning.

Fenix/Angelico was real good too and so was Cody/Penta. I've no issue with the finish to the Cody match, it felt like the first match in a longer story and Penta got his heat back in the post match.

But this was a show that really was all about the main event. That it was in the main event position didn't feel forced, it didn't feel like a marketing "women in the main event!" thing. It was a hot feud that earned its spot. Britt and Rosa lived up to it's position on the card and the billing. Brutal, bloody, physical, this felt like a fight, like a struggle. The set pieces didn't take an age to set up, they didn't delay them forever. The hits just kept on coming and the visual aspects of the match, Britt's bloody face getting right into the camera, Rosa's match winning Fire Thunder off the apron through the table, all extremely memorable. I loved the cuts to Shida and Jade during the segment too. For all the criticism, and the limitations they've had to work through, AEW has built this division from ground up and you've got 4 top tier stars in it now. Fantastic. ****1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

After the NJ Cup today, I'm gonna give the main event a rewatch to see where I end up with it. I think I may be very much the low man on it (if I'm ever very low or very high on something I'll do a rewatch of it) so I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,268 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hot Damn that was an epic main event

Britt with the blood gushing, looks so deranged. She's come along so much in the short time of AEW

I'm worried with NWA restarting we might not see Rosa as much but surely her contract must be up soon and AEW need to get in there asap

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great stuff from the main event. Thunder Rosa is a star and just added to it last night. But the person I’m most happy for is Britt baker because I knew who was before AEW and you could see the improvement and she had star potential but the injuries were stopping her rise. Hopefully AEW don’t mess up what they’ve got with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A enjoyable episode. Lots of development in terms of character and feud development.

Wasnt mad on Penta v Cody, especially the finish. It just didnt ckick for me and both are capable of much better.

Loved loved LOVED MJF and the Pinnacle. I could listen to MJF all day. Crazy that a 24 year old has been allowed run with the ball so much in a roster of more experienced talent. Hes just awesome.

10 man tag was fun, loved the Bear Country JE sub story.

Jade Cargill was presented well. She looks like a star, but shes very green. But the match was short and sweet.

Mox and Eddies promo was fine.

Christians promo was excellent. Got himself over, was logical and gets me hyped.

Mox and Eddie v GB was ok. I dont mind it much because it firthers the story but god I hate the GBs. A fan of another roll uo finish, esp in a sub feud of a blood feud.

Kenny though.... things picked up when he arrived. Hes showing so much more charisma since turning heel. Hope we het Kingston v Omega soon.

The Young Bucks story with Kenny has been a nice slow burn. Looking forward to how it plays out. Don Callis has played a blinder.

Im sick of Sting being interviewed. Its been used far too much. I liked that Archer brought it up.

Archer v Darby would be a fun match.

Enjoying the little tension building in Team Taz. Cage turning face would be welcome. Hobbs or Starks vs Cage would be welcome also.

Scorpio Skys promo was good too.

God just end Miro and Kip... Kips awful. He just looks like a child lost in an adults world.

The main event was very entertaining. Great TV match, but its been the match the Womens division needed. Made both women appear like bigger deals than previously and both women shined.

Sydal v Omega would be fun, as can Silver v Allin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

On the Cody Penta finish, it sucked.

Ive no problem with a roll up finish , Ive no issue with Penta losing or Cody winning.

My issue is Penta 'snapping' Codys arm viciously and Cody immediately rolls him up for a win.

It was bollox.

• Advertisement

That main event was amazing no other words.

Advertisement