Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,593 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be interesting to see now what the NWA do with Thunder Rosa on there PPV tonight after she won big in AEW this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,265 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It will be interesting to see now what the NWA do with Thunder Rosa on there PPV tonight after she won big in AEW this week.

It would be a huge shock since it's against Kamilla who is very very green

Headshot wrote: »
    oh you think she may drop the belt? It would be a huge shock since it's against Kamilla who is very very green

It's only a number 1 contenders match she dropped the belt to Deeb before she got injured.

I think this is just a placeholder match waiting for Deeb to recover but if Rosa put over Kamille I think she is on her way out.

I forgot Rosa isnt the champion

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Can I conduct a survey...thank the post if you'd watch AEW over late 90s WWF/WCW.

WHO HERE ACTUALLY ENJOYS AEW?

But that's like the best wrestling period of all, that's a pretty high bar :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

But that's like the best wrestling period of all, that's a pretty high bar :pac:

Exactly. You can, like I do, enjoy AEW without thinking it is the best wrestling ever. Why not put up a poll asking people if they prefer AEW to 2020s WWE which is what it is competing against? I know which I prefer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cant I enjoy both.

Looking at WWF/WCW/ECW from 96-99 now a huge lot of it was terrible and just down right bad that's not to say it wasn't hugely enjoyable at the time it was however a lot of it hasn't aged well.

NWA PPV spoiler

TR lost. I wonder is that her done now with the NWA

Put that NWA result in a spoiler :)
    but that is great news for AEW, surely she's out the door now.

AEW can build a division around TR

• Advertisement

Looking at WWF/WCW/ECW from 96-99 now a huge lot of it was terrible and just down right bad that's not to say it wasn't hugely enjoyable at the time it was however a lot of it hasn't aged well.

Watching through the eyes of 13 year old it was extremely entertaining.

Looking back at some parts are great, but a lot doesn't hold up. On review, a lot that I fondly remember are better with my rose tinted glasses.

Put that NWA result in a spoiler :)
    but that is great news for AEW, surely she's out the door now.

AEW can build a division around TR
    I'm hoping Billy is letting her out of her contract early and this is her doing the favours on the way out

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Watching through the eyes of 13 year old it was extremely entertaining.

Looking back at some parts are great, but a lot doesn't hold up. On review, a lot that I fondly remember are better with my rose tinted glasses.

I couldn't believe how badly 98/99 WWF has aged when I was doing a rewatch in the last few months.

97 and 2000 are still great though.

I'm hoping Billy is letting her out of her contract early and this is her doing the favours on the way out

There's something afoot happening anyway
    TR is 1 of best women wrestlers in the world at the moment and not having her as a number 1 contender and then the new champion of your wrestling promotion says a lot for me

I couldn't believe how badly 98/99 WWF has aged when I was doing a rewatch in the last few months.

97 and 2000 are still great though.

Like that early part of 2001, arguablely the hottest year for WWE. Some great matches on PPV and some hot angles. But in between all the good is a far bit of crap.

Teenage BJ laped it up, good and bad.

The wiser BJ, having watched over 30 plus years of pro wrestling, looks back and sees it differently.

AEW fills my weekly pro wrestling needs. Im entertained, not in the same way 13 year old BJ was, but enterained. WWE have struggled to hit the bar set by AEW. NXT was doing a decent job, but it really has pissed the bed since Tony Khan came on the scene.

AEW, in the last year has really delivered, esp in a pandemic All they are missing is a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

beakerjoe wrote: »
    AEW, in the last year has really delivered, esp in a pandemic All they are missing is a crowd.

Think they shot themselves in the foot a bit with all the debuts in front of no crowd?

Off top of my head FTR, Christian, Matt Hardy, Miro, Sting , Big Show, Page, Cage.

I know they can not afford to hold off on signing talent but at same time, thats huge name value debuting on shows over the last year. May be hard to maintain that momentum and standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Crazy to think that the majority of their shows by far have been without a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Considering the circumstances of the past year, yeah it's really not ideal debuting new talent, but it's all about making the most of the hand your dealt.

No one then could've foreseen how upside down the world would be turned.

Andrade is a free man :)

Andrade is a free man :)

I haven't been a huge fan of their signings recently (BS, Christian, Page, Sting, Sydal etc) but this is a signing I'd love to see them make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Reunion with Zelina maybe?

There is an issue that they have now building up a top class locker room of guys that can challenge for the world title what do you do with them now that Omega is on his belt collecting world tour.

Do they all chase the TNT title or do you hold them off on feuds just below the world title storyline for the next 10 months.

You can only put so many in tag teams before splitting them like Miro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

They should only sign him if they have an actual plan for him, otherwise they're no better than WWE and will just feck him up like they did Miro. His best move would be working out short run agreements that let him come and go between NJPW, AEW, CMLL etc.. There are enough indie feds that he could travel like back in the territory days and have decent runs in multiple places rather than heating him up, cooling him off in one fed and squandering his talent like WWE did just ina different way. Which would happen in AEW because unless they start releasing some of their talent because there isn't room there at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

They should only sign him if they have an actual plan for him, otherwise they're no better than WWE and will just feck him up like they did Miro. His best move would be working out short run agreements that let him come and go between NJPW, AEW, CMLL etc.. There are enough indie feds that he could travel like back in the territory days and have decent runs in multiple places rather than heating him up, cooling him off in one fed and squandering his talent like WWE did just ina different way. Which would happen in AEW because unless they start releasing some of their talent because there isn't room there at this point.

If one of his first destinations ends up being CMLL I'll literally post a video of me eating my own shoe. It ain't happening.

Such a pity shipping is so expensive as there is a number of Tees I'd buy and the shipping costs just don't make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Such a pity shipping is so expensive as there is a number of Tees I'd buy and the shipping costs just don't make it worth it.

I buy 2 or three at a time when they have a sale. They always have a 20% off promo in and around PPV dates. I love them!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see Laredo Kid will be on Dynamite this week with the lucha bros vs the young bucks/cutler

Ethan Page talking about why he chose AEW over WWE was partly to do with him being able to Twitch do his vlog and other outside stuff.

I wonder will stance on talking control of it's entertainers outside interests and chances to make money hurt them long term when recruiting talent and talent already there renewing contracts.

• Advertisement

That was a pleasant surprise to see ex NWA talent Royce Isaacs on Elevation

Advertisement