Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Headshot wrote: »
    There we go now we see why :D

You got me haha. He was there to eat the pin!

I'll never watch that Cody/Brandi reality show!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,265 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Suppose people love their reality tv, sure isn't the Miz show supposed to be popular?

I dont get it myself and I rather watch paint dry

Suppose people love their reality tv, sure isn't the Miz show supposed to be popular?

I just think Cody and Brandi are so unlikeable. Who knows though..

I'd love to see Tay get the win here. She's improved so much. Sick of the Nyla stop start monster runs

You think so?

I always felt the crowds before the pandemic loved Cody. I always felt he's really popular

• Advertisement

You think so?

I always felt the crowds before the pandemic loved Cody. I always felt he's really popular

Nah you're probably right. Just my opinion, can't stand them

• Registered Users Posts: 60,591 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm waiting to see if TNT use Cena and his Wipeout show as a way to promote AEW.

Maybe do an AEW episode of Wipeout.

I'd love to see Tay get the win here. She's improved so much. Sick of the Nyla stop start monster runs

Im so ****ing happy

Love her

Delighted for Tay!

WOW I was expecting that win.

Tay looked a million dollars there.

• Advertisement

WOW I was expecting that win.

Tay looked a million dollars there.

She's looked brilliant on Dark the last few weeks. I think only in her mid twenties as well. I think she'll be a star.

Can't believe WWE let her go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's most of the appeal of reality TV.

Look at scutter like Love Island. That isn't popular because they're a bunch of nice people, it's popular because people can watch it and bitch about it.

I'd love wrestling shows to be on at this time every week :( clocks change for us this weekend

Love Johnny Hungee

Good match so far

Very very enjoyable show

Worth staying up for.

Fantastic 2 hours of wrestling right there

Silver dislocated his shoulder during that match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m here before line of beauty post his weekly AEW review.

I’ll post it for him,

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ford's promo was fantastic. Helps that she sounds like Mila Kunis when she was in that 70s show. Still think they need to work on how they present their talent. Having an interviewer tower over John Silver like that ruins presenting him as a threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Ford's promo was fantastic. Helps that she sounds like Mila Kunis when she was in that 70s show. Still think they need to work on how they present their talent. Having an interviewer tower over John Silver like that ruins presenting him as a threat.

Yes because height = toughness and skill, that's why all those 7ft guys have been UFC champions. God knows Rey Mysterio never got over to any degree what with him being so small and all and he's never stood next to an interviewer.

Absolutely ridiculous Vince McMahon level stuff to moan about an interviewer being taller than a wrestler. People come in all different shapes and sizes and despite being 5ft6 John Silver is incredibly popular and also a damn good wrestler. Darby isn't much taller and is even better and more popular.
    Should AEW just hire giants so that no interviewer could ever be taller than a wrestler?
    What if the best announcer/interviewer to ever live also happens to be 6ft6? Should nobody hire them incase they are taller than a wrestler?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Yes because height = toughness and skill, that's why all those 7ft guys have been UFC champions. God knows Rey Mysterio never got over to any degree what with him being so small and all and he's never stood next to an interviewer.

Absolutely ridiculous Vince McMahon level stuff to moan about an interviewer being taller than a wrestler. People come in all different shapes and sizes and despite being 5ft6 John Silver is incredibly popular and also a damn good wrestler. Darby isn't much taller and is even better and more popular.
    Should AEW just hire giants so that no interviewer could ever be taller than a wrestler?
    What if the best announcer/interviewer to ever live also happens to be 6ft6? Should nobody hire them incase they are taller than a wrestler?

I think you missed my point. At no stage did i say anything about his toughness or ability. I like silver, otherwise i wouldn't be annoyed at what they did!

I'm talking about presentation. There are ways to shoot interviews, using different angles, feck even different interviewers, that don't highlight, and zero pun intended here, shortcomings. You know him, so it's not a thing for you (or me) but for someone flicking through the channels it's not a good look to have the interviewer bending over and leaning in over him. it highlights something that shouldn't be important but unfortunately is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have the interviewers do what Tom Philips used to do...

AUF0swN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Poor Five.
    As someone who doesn't watch BTE, I assume this is a common thing on that?
    I just saw it with the lawnmower last week and the backstage bit this week

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Poor Five.
    As someone who doesn't watch BTE, I assume this is a common thing on that?
    I just saw it with the lawnmower last week and the backstage bit this week

Yup common for Five

Poor guy gets an awful doing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m here before line of beauty post his weekly AEW review.

I’ll post it for him,

:pac:

You've beat me too it but, in fact yes, everything is awesome!

And it's awesome in so many ways. I'll dive in deeper later when I've a bit more time, but altogether it's a superbly booked company that rewards the viewer and if that's not awesome then I dunno what is.

Also Orange Cassidy getting Pixies "Where is my Mind" is all kinds of awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Omackeral wrote: »
    I buy 2 or three at a time when they have a sale. They always have a 20% off promo in and around PPV dates. I love them!

They also do flash sales from time to time too, so if your signed to their newsletter, keep an eye on your emails for discount codes.
    Britt is amazing!
    Damn that was some promo

Adding to the Britt Baker love in, she's ****ing awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Dynamite was enjoyable. Nothing groundbreaking in it, but it transitioned a few storys/feuds nicely.

Omega v Sydal was very good TV match. Sydal was always very good in the underdog role and here was no exception Sydals best match in AEW to date.

Trios pinnacle match was good for what it was. Garrison and Pillman are still very green, but they are coming along nicely. Big futures.

The post match Pinnacle promo was as you’d expect. Seen some say it’s a horseman/evolution rip off theme, but it’s the kinda theme these guys need, so Im ok with it.

Kaz v Christian should be good, no better man for Christian to face in his first match if theres any ring rust. Though Id like to see Cage in matches with younger talent following this.

Bakers/Rosa’s promos were both great. Rosa has great babyface fire and Baker delivered a great heel promo. Ive been a huge critic of Bakers work, but last week she should shes improved greatly in the last 2 years. I admire that.

Bucks/Cutler v LK/Lucha Bros was a good tv match and it made sense to give the lesser talent the decisive finish. Cutler : If Damien Demento had aerial ability. They guy can work, but hes so ordinary looking he does zero for me.

Loved the story progression afterwards, Kennys promo was great. A fun slow burn angle.

Team Taz certainly seem like they are faking the happiness….love it.

Cody and QT. I enjoyed it, though Its been two years in and Codys character is so overly indulgent it turns me off him. Ive no problem with his position or his matches, I enjoy aspects of his presentation and his in-ring work. Hes presented like a star. But I hate the little things …..does he need to come out with his backstage headset , doe she need to be presented as a backstage head honcho…… do we need a Codys family reality show???? we get it, hes a real life exec with AEW, cant his on screen character be somewhat different? ….. That aside, I liked the angle, I like where its going and QT (Who is bland as bread usually) showed some decent heelish traits.

On the reality show, Brandi fancies herself as a wrestling Meghan Markle. “Im the first person of colour in the Rhodes Family”, seriously? Who cares about that? “Time to take the Rhodes Family to the top” , because no Rhodes was ever at the top before? Just stop. She has a massive change the channel quality with me. She comes off like a pretentious, fame hungry whore.

Hangman v Cezar was nice and quick, keeps Page strong.

The womens tag was grand…..I do agree with Matt Hardy…. The womens tournie was pointless to a degree. No new stars were made from it IMO. Baker and Rosa would have happened anyway without it, and both look like better heads of the division than the current champion.

Silver v Allin was good, could have been better and I say Silvers injury didn’t help matters. Allin is gonna end up like Jeff Hardy…. Dive after dive, week after week, he wont have career longevity if he keeps it up and doing big dives week after week dilutes them. Less is more.

Overall a good show, enjoyable but nothing game changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Theirs a market for them. Miz's show is light hearted fun, nothing serious. But it does better ratings than Raw. My misses enjoys it.

Codys show appears a notch more serious than Miz and Mrs, more Total Bellas in terms of tone.

Brandi fancies herself as the next Kim K/Meghan Markle for sure. Shes insufferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dynamite was enjoyable. Nothing groundbreaking in it, but it transitioned a few storys/feuds nicely.

Omega v Sydal was very good TV match. Sydal was always very good in the underdog role and here was no exception Sydals best match in AEW to date.

Trios pinnacle match was good for what it was. Garrison and Pillman are still very green, but they are coming along nicely. Big futures.

The post match Pinnacle promo was as you’d expect. Seen some say it’s a horseman/evolution rip off theme, but it’s the kinda theme these guys need, so Im ok with it.

Kaz v Christian should be good, no better man for Christian to face in his first match if theres any ring rust. Though Id like to see Cage in matches with younger talent following this.

Bakers/Rosa’s promos were both great. Rosa has great babyface fire and Baker delivered a great heel promo. Ive been a huge critic of Bakers work, but last week she should shes improved greatly in the last 2 years. I admire that.

Bucks/Cutler v LK/Lucha Bros was a good tv match and it made sense to give the lesser talent the decisive finish. Cutler : If Damien Demento had aerial ability. They guy can work, but hes so ordinary looking he does zero for me.

Loved the story progression afterwards, Kennys promo was great. A fun slow burn angle.

Team Taz certainly seem like they are faking the happiness….love it.

Cody and QT. I enjoyed it, though Its been two years in and Codys character is so overly indulgent it turns me off him. Ive no problem with his position or his matches, I enjoy aspects of his presentation and his in-ring work. Hes presented like a star. But I hate the little things …..does he need to come out with his backstage headset , doe she need to be presented as a backstage head honcho…… do we need a Codys family reality show???? we get it, hes a real life exec with AEW, cant his on screen character be somewhat different? ….. That aside, I liked the angle, I like where its going and QT (Who is bland as bread usually) showed some decent heelish traits.

On the reality show, Brandi fancies herself as a wrestling Meghan Markle. “Im the first person of colour in the Rhodes Family”, seriously? Who cares about that? “Time to take the Rhodes Family to the top” , because no Rhodes was ever at the top before? Just stop. She has a massive change the channel quality with me. She comes off like a pretentious, fame hungry whore.

Hangman v Cezar was nice and quick, keeps Page strong.

The womens tag was grand…..I do agree with Matt Hardy…. The womens tournie was pointless to a degree. No new stars were made from it IMO. Baker and Rosa would have happened anyway without it, and both look like better heads of the division than the current champion.

Silver v Allin was good, could have been better and I say Silvers injury didn’t help matters. Allin is gonna end up like Jeff Hardy…. Dive after dive, week after week, he wont have career longevity if he keeps it up and doing big dives week after week dilutes them. Less is more.

Overall a good show, enjoyable but nothing game changing.

Best part of a Thursday, awaiting Beaker's review.

Advertisement