Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

But the downside is too big....an even more prominent role for Brandi when she comes back. It'd be like the fall of WCW with with Brandi playing the role of Nash, Hall and Hogan's egos combined.

she gonna be there whether shes in a decent angle or not, Id rather her be in a good angle, than shoehorning herself into feuds.

While Im no Brandi fan by any means, shes not AEW destruction level ego.

Like QTs angle, I have only one thing wrong with Inner Circles return... timing. Did they have to return so fast..... give it 4 weeks at least. Apart from that, i loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Didn't care all that much for the Nightmare Family stuff, I just don't care about half of them.
    Inner Circle return and beatdown was amazing, I agree I would have liked if they'd waited a little longer but that's a nitpick.
    Christian match was decent. The Best Friends match was excellent.
    Great to see Kris Statlander back but wasn't a fan of her look so hopefully that's not it going forward. Popped big for the Sue return haha.
    Oh and Trent.

Callis is just so good, hes been such a great asset to AEW since he came over. Loved his promo with Jackson. Then he was on fire on commentary.

The trios match was very good, better than I expected with Gallows and Anderson involved. Laredo Kid in particular has been brilliant.

Good to see JD Drake get a Dynamite match v Allin. Think they can have great chemistry. Jurassic Express v Bear Country has great potential too.

I fear they are leaving it too long to capitalise on the Baker TR match storyline wise. Promo’s aside, AEW are not following up on this feud sufficiently.

I was dreading the main event if I’m honest. This whole feud has been substandard. Miro has been damaged as a result (won’t take him long to rehab if they actually book him better to be fair). OC has jumped the shark for me, so can’t say I wanted this feud to continue following the PPV.

OCs tron video is the worst, no amount of pixies tunes will get over with that video. Chuck Taylor’s attire reminds me of Mideon…… not a good thing. Also when OC grabbed the trash lid, I can not unseen a pre super serum Captain America.

The match itself, well…. Hated the whackamole spot as OC’s offence was weak (not intentionally), but that aside it was good. Miro was the right spot and loved him clobbering OC. He looked great in everything he did. Sabian might make a good face, reminds me of Rockstar Spud in some ways. I enjoyed the return of Statlander, Trents less so but I don’t hate it. Overall it was a fine TV plunder match. Id prefer Miro to go over personally.

A decent episode as usual. Not perfect, but very entraining as a whole.

Jesus!

Having Miro lose and look weak is beyond a flipping joke!

They do this time and again to anyone being portrayed as a monster!

Same with The Murderhawk!

Also Penta losing 2 weeks in a row when he looked like a star a few weeks ago really cheeses me off!

At least Christian looked fantastic for his first proper singles match in 7 years.

Inner Circle looked absolutely awesome as well!

I would rather Miro win, but he didnt look weak IMO. He was outnumbered and when he did get offence he looked fantastic.

But I would rather him win, he has a higher ceiling than OC IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nice turn there by QT and some of his students.
    Headshot wrote: »
    That was really nicely done and gives the students a chance to shine now

superb
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its like.....they planned it for weeks..... not just an hour before the show **cough cough Retribution ** cough

I saw something about this last night by one of the Voices Of Wrestling guys, and along the lines of Beaker's point, that it was planned all along, or set in motion when Jake "The Snake" Roberts debuted over a year ago, and dubbed Cody Caesar. I'll try to find the tweet as it illustrates the point a whole lot better.

The tweet in question...

https://twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/1377451961277120512

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Saw that, not sure how intentional that all was but either way the angle was great.

I'm gonna go against Beakerjoe here and say I loved that episode of Dynamite. I'll go further and say it was one of the best episodes of weekly TV wrestling I've seen in years. It was legit great in like a million different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know some are saying about Inner Circle being brought back too soon. I wonder if it's so they're back in time for the first house show next week?

Saw that, not sure how intentional that all was but either way the angle was great.

I'm gonna go against Beakerjoe here and say I loved that episode of Dynamite. I'll go further and say it was one of the best episodes of weekly TV wrestling I've seen in years. It was legit great in like a million different ways.

Going against me? I enjoyed it. I didnt say it was the pitts, just not jaw droppingly great from start to finish.

I will say, I think of you now when ever I see Hook. The state of him in his wife beater / pvc bumbag combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Going against me? I enjoyed it. I didnt say it was the pitts, just not jaw droppingly great from start to finish.

I will say, I think of you now when ever I see Hook. The state of him in his wife beater / pvc bumbag combo.

Hahaha I'm going against you in the nicest way possible. I'm going jaw droppingly great!! I'll post my rival review later.

If Kaito Ishida and La Sombra weren't so gorgeous this Hook would be top of my hot list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wouldn't say it was intentional from the off but it was such a great line from Roberts I'd say they had to do something with it. It actually makes the ridiculous expansion of the "family" work perfectly as we thought it would lead to a Cody heel turn. This is better I think.

I wouldn't say it was intentional from the off but it was such a great line from Roberts I'd say they had to do something with it. It actually makes the ridiculous expansion of the "family" work perfectly as we thought it would lead to a Cody heel turn. This is better I think.

Thought it wasnt intentional nor was it necessarily connected IMO. But sure it fits. Similar to MVPs line about costing Drew the title a year ago. Not intentional but damn it fits.

I also agree its QTs turn is better than a Cody turn. the beautiful thing is Cody can still turn heel in the future too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That's one of the best Dynamite's for me so far, it was just fun to watch from start to finish. Loved the whole Nightmare Family segment, everything about it was so well done, particularly liked the cheap shot on Arn to kick things off.

The Inner Circle attack was really good, thought Sammy's attack on Spears looked great and love to see that vicious side of Santana and Ortiz back. Also really enjoyed the trios match, and Don Callis continues to be a fantastic performer both on screen and on commentary.

Just a whole lot to like about AEW at the minute with some intriguing story-lines ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just finished Dynamite. Probably my favourite ever episode ever. Not once was I fed up and it popped me on several occasions. QT decking Arn really caught me off guard and the follow up was brilliant. Can’t remember the last time I audibly gasped like I did when the Enforcer got a smack. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

What a great show that was. Two hours flew by.

Fairly Shocked by the nightmare family stuff

Trios match was great ,Fenix is just all kinds of awesome.

Tag at the end was good fun also,hopefully Miro beats the ever loving ****e outta Sabian.

I hate Mox though, I can kinda see why WWE curbed him. His promos are very tryhard and cringy, particularly the one with Kingston and the fire. Never particularly liked him outside of the Shield to be honest.

Looking forward to Bear Country v Jurassic Park next week

Oh and the trios match was f*cking phenomenal outside of the opening wait around and catch spot. Adored it. Fenix running from out of shot along the ropes to kick some skull in was some unbridled awesomeness. Laredo Kid with The Lucha Bros is class.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oh and the trios match was f*cking phenomenal outside of the opening wait around and catch spot. Adored it. Fenix running from out of shot along the ropes to kick some skull in was some unbridled awesomeness. Laredo Kid with The Lucha Bros is class.

Hes such a natural fit.

I miss Pac though.

I love PAC, might be fave on the roster. I want him as a brooding tweener though and not aligned to anyone.

Fenix must be in the top 5 best wrestlers in the world right now, he's phenomenal talent.

I know he's one of my favourites at the moment and every match he's in just raises the bar. He's bring the best out of people.

• Advertisement

Fenix must be in the top 5 best wrestlers in the world right now, he's phenomenal talent.

I know he's one of my favourites at the moment and every match he's in just raises the bar. He's bring the best out of people.

Its hard not to enjoy him, every match is top quality and always seems inventive.

I had hoped Pentas feud with Cody would allow them to split permanently. Pentas a cracking heel, especially with his new suit wearing persona.

Its hard not to enjoy him, every match is top quality and always seems inventive.

I had hoped Pentas feud with Cody would allow them to split permanently. Pentas a cracking heel, especially with his new suit wearing persona.

I completely agree

I love a program of Penta and Alex Abrahantes

Really like that double act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I completely agree

I love a program of Penta and Alex Abrahantes

Really like that double act

Love Penta and Alex too!

Really believed Penta would beat Cody and get a huge push!Am still so disappointed!

Love Penta and Alex too!

Really believed Penta would beat Cody and get a huge push!Am still so disappointed!

It still may happen.

I would have prefered Penta v Cody to last a while longer then pull the trigger on QT. Not only would we get what could be an awesome feud, that could elevate Penta as a singles star but it would also provide a bigger gap between QTs faction angle and the MJF faction angle, which I believe were too ckose together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Love Penta and Alex too!

"Penta says.." it's great. Perfect idea if his English is no bueno.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,589 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And so easy to turn Alex down the line when he starts to mistranslate Penta.

That is the one thing AEW have done so well they have so many storylines and options on where to go with them and if they aren't working a slight tweak to them sends them in a different direction.

I was listening to Christian on Jericho's podcast and there was an interesting little bit where Jericho said that after Sting's surprise debut, TNT told AEW that they don't want that to happen anymore and that debuts (and who it is) should be advertised before the show to help with ratings.

Just found that interesting and not something I agree with. Surprise debuts are some of the best moments in wrestling.

I was listening to Christian on Jericho's podcast and there was an interesting little bit where Jericho said that after Sting's surprise debut, TNT told AEW that they don't want that to happen anymore and that debuts should be advertised before the show to help with ratings.

Just found that interesting.

But will a mystery debut may not get immediate ratings that night, it will help the following week just as much no?

Like I wanted to tune in the next week to see how the followed up.

Also Im sure AEW will not go that route and go down the ask forgiveness rather than ask permission route. And with surprise debuts, esp early in a show, they can make people change the channel to AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've just been dipping into Dynamite on ITV4 when it suits. Coincidentally it has been on a bit earlier recently (10:20 tonight), which is great. Not sure if that is down to good ratings or they have nothing else right now to go on earlier. Anyway, I just find it such an easy, enjoyable watch. The commentators talk about the match before them, and everyone is treated as being important. There's no nauseating camera cuts. Things make sense. People's motivations are logical. Stuff has depth, and is given time to breathe. Strengths are emphasised and weaknesses hidden. The long term dedicated viewer is rewarded but the casual viewer doesn't feel lost. The in-ring action is usually good, often great. Not everything is perfect (the sound is terrible I find), but it's a rewarding viewing experience. It's everything I want in my wrestling tbh. I hope they can perform in front of decent crowds soon, that should take it to another level again.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've just been dipping into Dynamite on ITV4 when it suits. Coincidentally it has been on a bit earlier recently (10:20 tonight), which is great. Not sure if that is down to good ratings or they have nothing else right now to go on earlier. Anyway, I just find it such an easy, enjoyable watch. The commentators talk about the match before them, and everyone is treated as being important. There's no nauseating camera cuts. Things make sense. People's motivations are logical. Stuff has depth, and is given time to breathe. Strengths are emphasised and weaknesses hidden. The long term dedicated viewer is rewarded but the casual viewer doesn't feel lost. The in-ring action is usually good, often great. Not everything is perfect (the sound is terrible I find), but it's a rewarding viewing experience. It's everything I want in my wrestling tbh. I hope they can perform in front of decent crowds soon, that should take it to another level again.

I think I made the exact same points 6 months ago. Its everything I want from WWE without the obvious neagtives. Everything feels natural and logical. Nothing feels forced. The production isnt over produced or dumbed down.

And Im a habitual WWE viewer, I want all this from WWE but sadly dont get it. AEW provides everything I crave from WWE that WWE fail to provide.

Advertisement