Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is next Wednesday when AEW is on their own and no Wednesday wars?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Headshot wrote: »
    Is next Wednesday when AEW is on their own and no Wednesday wars?

Well I heard that Tuesdays nights are now home to NXT about a million times during Takeover, so......:pac:

That Wednesday will be a huge one for AEW and they'll to pull out all the stops

I think they will treat it like any other Wednesday. No need to go all out.

Be interesting to see how they do though considering their ratings decreased the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or they could do the opposite since they know they don't have competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Konosuke Takes(h)ita showed up on AEW'S first ever house show last night. A reminder that, for all the talk of forbidden doors, AEW has a working relationship with DDT that really should be amazing when things get back to normal. F4W saying he's scheduled to work a few more shows for AEW while he takes a break from DDT.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,588 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just reading there that the AEW legal team have been fighting to help Cezar Bononi’s wife who has leukaemia and can’t get her sister who is match to the US due to red tape for a bone marrow transplant.

The poor woman was diagnosed in December while giving birth to their first child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Konosuke Takes(h)ita showed up on AEW'S first ever house show last night. A reminder that, for all the talk of forbidden doors, AEW has a working relationship with DDT that really should be amazing when things get back to normal. F4W saying he's scheduled to work a few more shows for AEW while he takes a break from DDT.

No way man! Would love to see him on Dynamite. He has history with Omega.

No way man! Would love to see him on Dynamite. He has history with Omega.

I know he's only there for like a month but I've fantasy booked like 6 months of matches involving him and various AEW guys.

Reading that AEW could have full capacity with fans soon with Daily’s Place announcing that concerts are returning to the venue at full-capacity. The first show advertised is for 4/23 featuring Machine Gun Kelly.

Florida is really is a ****ed up tbh.

• Advertisement

Reading that AEW could have full capacity with fans soon with Daily’s Place announcing that concerts are returning to the venue at full-capacity. The first show advertised is for 4/23 featuring Machine Gun Kelly.

Florida is really is a ****ed up tbh.

I wonder will he bring Megan Fox with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A Machine Gun Kelly Concert doesn't seem quite worth putting yourself in mortal peril. Now if it was an Oasis reunion different story. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

watched that broken skull sessions before mania last night, by god does jericho love himself, even more so than bret does

montyrebel wrote: »
    watched that broken skull sessions before mania last night, by god does jericho love himself, even more so than bret does

Like, yeah hes probably the wrong side of modest, but man hes not wrong. He admits his short comings more than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Chris Jericho loves himself?

I for one am shocked, shocked, well maybe not that shocked.

Not sure where else to put this so I'll throw it in here. Moxley/Barnett from Bloodsport is maybe the best match I've seen from Wrestlemania weekend, definitely it's my favourite. There's not a more interesting pro wrestler in North America than Jon Moxley. The man is a bloody gem. I swear, post Shield Dean Ambrose was basically right behind Bray Wyatt as my least favourite mainstream wrestler on Earth, but Jon Moxley is one of my favourite pro wrestlers anywhere. Fantastic! ****1/2

Ya it's an incredible turn around by Jon and fair dues to him. He had a cosy job at WWE but he wasnt happy with how he was used and wanted something more and took that leap of faith and he hasn't looked back.

One of the best around and seems a genuine nice bloke

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Chris Jericho loves himself?

I for one am shocked, shocked, well maybe not that shocked.

Aside from his obvious self-love, isn't he a rabid Trump fan and anti-masker?

Don't really care about the Trump stuff cos well, Murica but the anti-mask nonsense kinda sours me on him as a person a bit.

I mean he's still an in-ring legend at the end of the day but clearly a fool.

Not sure where else to put this so I'll throw it in here. Moxley/Barnett from Bloodsport is maybe the best match I've seen from Wrestlemania weekend, definitely it's my favourite. There's not a more interesting pro wrestler in North America than Jon Moxley. The man is a bloody gem. I swear, post Shield Dean Ambrose was basically right behind Bray Wyatt as my least favourite mainstream wrestler on Earth, but Jon Moxley is one of my favourite pro wrestlers anywhere. Fantastic! ****1/2

I agree on post Shield Ambrose - he was the absolute sh1ts. It's good to see him turn it around though.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Aside from his obvious self-love, isn't he a rabid Trump fan and anti-masker?

Don't really care about the Trump stuff cos well, Murica but the anti-mask nonsense kinda sours me on him as a person a bit.

I mean he's still an in-ring legend at the end of the day but clearly a fool.

And the flat earth crazy ****

I dont know what to think of the person behind the wrestling as he comes out with some crazy **** but then you see all the donations to good causes etc

It's a weird one but his knowledge of wrestling and how he has re-invented himself so much is just a credit to the man. A phenomenon wrestler but a questionable person

Styles is a flat earther too isn't he? I mean I guess it ties in with the carny beginnings of pro wrestling having so many... questionable characters involved throughout the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Konosuke Takesh/ita vs Danny Limelight announced for Dark Elevation, looking forward to that, should be good. Diamante vs Rosa and Best Friends vs Nemeth & Bononi look decent too!

Hayden Backlund a distant relation of Bob makes his AEW debut tonight against Miro.

He is another one of the Nightmare Factory trainees.

Hayden Backlund a distant relation of Bob makes his AEW debut tonight against Miro.

He is another one of the Nightmare Factory trainees.

He was on dark last week in a 6 man against team Taz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just to add into the Jon Moxley stuff. I always loved his work. Ever since I watched his debut promo in FCW years ago I've always said that this guy has talent and potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

And the flat earth crazy ****

I dont know what to think of the person behind the wrestling as he comes out with some crazy **** but then you see all the donations to good causes etc

It's a weird one but his knowledge of wrestling and how he has re-invented himself so much is just a credit to the man. A phenomenon wrestler but a questionable person

Jericho isn't a Flat Earther. His podcast follows themes, and what started out as Bigfoot & UFO stories quickly descended into Conspiracy Theory hour. But just because he may have interviewed a Flat Earther doesn't make him one.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jericho isn't a Flat Earther. His podcast follows themes, and what started out as Bigfoot & UFO stories quickly descended into Conspiracy Theory hour. But just because he may have interviewed a Flat Earther doesn't make him one.

my apologies then

on a seperate note

Konosuke Takesh vs Danny Limelight was a fun match

The commentary (Outside of JR) on AEW is just so relaxed especially on Dark and Elevation just listening to Tony asking Excalibur who is producing in the back if he is pronouncing things properly and even Paul joking he doesn't want Dasha to shout at him for mispronouncing Spanish names and none of this takes away from the product for it actually adds to it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I throw on Dark in the background while working just to hear Taz and Excalibur have the craic. It's great fun!

Advertisement