Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Konosuke vs Limelight was a really nice little match, good call to have Excalibur on commentary to provide some background info.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't realise the Dark shows were streams. Thought they were just uploaded. So they're airing while Raw and now NXT are on

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1382373399754866690

Good interview with Jericho there, he's bang on the money about the Wednesday Night War in fairness!

Ivelisse has supposedly been released.

Absolutely no surprise if true. She's supposed to be hard to work with and it was reported she got into arguments with a few of the coaches. Was known to have stiffed a few opponents as well.

https://twitter.com/RealIvelisse/status/1382380488434851842?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Always looked like she hates being in the ring. Diamanté on the other hand was the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Don't remember seeing too much of her after that awful match with Thunder Rosa where she no-sold Rosa's offence. Having no attachment to her from LU or anything I thought she was pretty bad tbh, and symptomatic of the women's division when I started watching last August-ish.

Don't remember seeing too much of her after that awful match with Thunder Rosa where she no-sold Rosa's offence. Having no attachment to her from LU or anything I thought she was pretty bad tbh, and symptomatic of the women's division when I started watching last August-ish.

She should have been shown the door straight after that TR match where she started no selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good riddens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Good. They could do with thinning out the roster in places think. If they were to get rid of others, who would you put on the chopping block?

For me, Kip Sabian, see no upside to him at all, Penelope is the star even if she is mute. I love the Luther memes, but he's pretty bad overall. Used to love Jack Evans back in the day also but it doesn't seem to be really working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Rosa not putting Ivelisse's teeth in during that match is reason alone why she should be AEW Women's Champion right now.

• Advertisement

Good. They could do with thinning out the roster in places think. If they were to get rid of others, who would you put on the chopping block?

For me, Kip Sabian, see no upside to him at all, Penelope is the star even if she is mute. I love the Luther memes, but he's pretty bad overall. Used to love Jack Evans back in the day also but it doesn't seem to be really working here.

Ah man, I could probably think of 30 if I had a good think about it :pac:

I won't include people who have coaching roles or big backstage roles (like QT Marshall, Dustin Rhodes, Christopher Daniels etc)

Off the top of my head

Brandi Rhodes would be no 1 choice but obviously will never happen.

Kip Sabian
    Leva Bates
    Peter Avalon
    Brandon Cutler
    Sonny Kiss
    Marko Stunt
    Jack Evans
    Luther
    Michael Nakazawa
    Jake Hager
    Joey Janela
    Vickie Guerrero
    1 or 2 of the refs who can be awful

I won't say people that I personally don't like but seem to be popular (Chuck Taylor, Luchasarus)

https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1382429093459763201?s=20

I don't know this account but I was looking for this clip from the TR Vs Ivelisse match. Should have been gone after this

That's Gail Kim self eliminating from the Battle Royal levels of not giving a crap. Though at least Gail didn't make her opponents look bad.
    And I would see through it if she was being asked to job to someone like Brandi but not Thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Always heard Ivelisse had a bad attitude. Her career is probably over now as well as I don't think any promotion will have her now. At least no promotion worth their salt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,588 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really fun show last night.

Liking the Ogogo body shot KO.

Britt is just Money.

Jade & Red was a really fun match.

Applied for tickets to Blood and Guts. Waiting to hear back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I thought about it and couldn't think of an obvious answer so I'll throw it out there.

Was The Young Bucks vs Death Triangle the best TV wrestling opener ever? I don't know. The one people think of usually is Liger/Pillman, which was an excellent opener and obviously was historically more significant, but bell to bell I don't know if any TV opener has been at the level of the Bucks/Death Triangle. It wasn't full on "Mount Rushmore" Young Bucks, but it was as close as you'll get on a major network. They tied in story, they (re)established their new characters, all the while having an absolutely insane match. More than anything else, it's the execution. It's 4 guys doing difficult spots and complex sequences but every single one is executed perfectly. You see teams trying to have a "Young Bucks" match and a few sequences in you realise they either have lost their way, they can't do them or they do them in slow motion and they look awful. Everything they do looks great, everything here was perfect from all 4 guys. I swear, every team has their best match against the Bucks and it is not a coincidence, they make everybody look great. Hopefully everybody realises it before they go, but you're watching the best tag team in pro wrestling history. ****1/2

I was on a high for the rest of the show post opener. Actually I thought it was a pretty good week in ring, Jericho/Dax I had at ***1/2 and Darby/Matt Hardy I also had a ***1/2. The layout of Jade's matches so far has been perfect and she was able to shine again here against Red Velvet ***, whatever they teach these wrestlers at the Nightmare Factory, it's working, the spots Jade can do aren't complicated but she does them well, her positioning to catch Red Velvet on the dive was right, same off the moonault miss, it's very promising early signs. Ogogo was always going to be pushed the moment he appeared, I'm looking forward to seeing where he is at in a competitive match. Hobbs/Christian has me all fired up for next week, that should be really good. Taz and Christian's dueling promos made me legit laugh. And the Tyson punch got some mainstream coverage so good for them, Blood and Guts should be incredible.

I really don't have much negative to say and I think I'd just be nitpicking if I did. I really enjoyed the show.

Did Tony S just fire Britt? He wished her well in her future endeavours.

Tickets secured for Blood and Guts and also UFC 264! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They blew past the million mark in ratings.

1.2 million to be precise.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1382778250208808962

Yuji Nagata responds to Moxley's challenge for a match. As one of the few still active wrestlers who wrestled on Nitro on TNT, an IWGP US championship match on Dynamite between Blue Justice and the Death Rider would be pretty cool!

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Great result wrestling fans NXT got 805k on Tuesday.

And 0.44 in the demo. If WWE are trying to hold them down they need to counter programme and quickly.

In comparison, NXT basically held steady from Takeover, with a 0.22 in the demo.

I honestly did not see AEW going up that much. Incredible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭ThePott

Wow, that's great. So much for there not being much crossover.
    As long suspected, separate days benefits both brands. Personally I actually managed to watch both shows in the one week for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The 1.2 million viewers is their 2nd highest rating behind their debut show in October 2019 according to Brandon Thurston on Twitter.

Not too bad for a piss-ant company in fairness!

The opening tag was so good, easily one of the best tv matches of the year. Not really surprising when you have one of the best tag teams in the world in the ring with two of the worlds best wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,264 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Absolute superb show, can't say enough about

Loved every bit of it

Yes that opener was just wrestlers who are the peak of their game, best in world of what they do. Man i was smiling throughout it

The 1.2 million viewers is their 2nd highest rating behind their debut show in October 2019 according to Brandon Thurston on Twitter.

And according to Brandon's breakdown, they got a 100% increase on their 4 week median on females 18-49 which is basically why the numbers were low the last while, they got that audience back in for this week's show.

There's about a million different things to say about it, but I'll say this. They've tried some new things in the last month and a bit, it led to a drop initially but it's started to come together, and the rating is deserved, the show has been terrific over that stretch and it really is just starting with where they're going with some things and directions.

Just reading that Ogogo was registered blind and had his drivers license taken from after having eye so badly damaged from boxing. and has had a dozen surgeries to help get some sight back.

He also had a rib removed to help rebuild his nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

That AEW rating is stunning. If they can hit that number on a regular basis, their next TV deal is going to be massive. Great time for the wrestling business to have two thriving companies again.

Advertisement