Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You can be Joe and I can be Rich..... Joes got less patience.

Beakerjoe not being joe?! - no...that's too confusing!! :pac:

The amount of eyes on AEW now is huge - and a lot of free press the last week or so - hopefully they capitalise on it and grow even more from here!

amazing to think how far they have come in SUCH a short space of time!

Is Starks 27 or 31? Wikipedia did say 26 awhile ago (before his most recent birthday) but now it says 31. Some sites say he's 27 others say 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,118 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is Starks 27 or 31? Wikipedia did say 26 awhile ago (before his most recent birthday) but now it says 31. Some sites say he's 27 others say 31.

going by this
    https://www.instagram.com/p/1lj5FnDKQM/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

For clarity, I dont see anyone else in being a bigger than wrestling star other than Starks. He just as IT. Hes not the finished article, actually a far cry from that. But hes young, charismatic, oozing personality, seems to have a wide range of ability in terms of being a character, he steals most segments hes in. He just has it and gets it.

Im probably wrong, but Im sticking to my opinion. see you when Starks is 45 :pac:
    I'll be looking for you in 15 years Joe

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1383150307610349572?s=19

Hobbs and Hangman both have matches already. Hopefully it's Jungle Boy. Please not Cody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1383238798876712962

It's Jungle Boy. Looking forward to that, should be tasty!

Darby vs Jungle Boy - TNT title
    Shida vs Tay - Womens title
    Starks vs Hangman
    Christian vs Hobbs
    Trent vs Penta

Great card!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,118 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Starks vs Hangman
    Christian vs Hobbs
    Trent vs Penta

Great card!

cHd3siP.gif

wow that is PPV worthy good

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Starks vs Hangman
    Christian vs Hobbs
    Trent vs Penta

Great card!

Is it not "Trent?"?
    How long has the question mark been a thing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im not gonna lie in the main event they really had be believe that Matt was gonna beat Darby after the Twist of Fate on the chair but delighted Darby won.

The opening match was just brilliant and was glad it was a screwy finish because i knew the Bucks werent loosing the titles so soon after turning so it leads to a rematch at some stage.

One thing I like about AEW is that they can have numerous stories/feuds going on throughout each show, even with 30sec promos or interviews backstage so its kept moving.

I like the way Hangman didnt answer any questions about The Elite which is clever because they need to keep him away from that until they are ready for him to reignite the Kenny feud(which I feel they need to keep till they have a full PPV crowd to really get that pop when he wins the title)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The opening match was just brilliant and was glad it was a screwy finish because i knew the Bucks werent loosing the titles so soon after turning so it leads to a rematch at some stage.

I get you and I agree but there were points were I start think Rey and PAC could do it. They’re very well protected as a duo and I thought the Bucks might not necessarily need the straps with their new characters but the minute the mask came off I was like ok that’s it. However, the demasking for real heat out of me and that’s something that’s hard to get these non kayfabe days.

As an aside, I don’t think Darby should be shown at all on the rankings graph and should be eligible to be in the Top 5 himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The camera work on the Rey Fenix demasking was phenomenal. To captutre that spot from the best angle, with Jackson in between camera and Fenix was just amazing. Great positioning and timing by all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,528 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kenny Omega, Konosuke Take****a, and Michael Nakazawa vs. Matt Sydal, Mike Sydal, and Danny Limelight announced for Dark Elevation.

Haha just noticed Boards actually censored Konosuke's surname name.

Haha just noticed Boards actually censored Konosuke's surname name.

They call that the Scunthorpe problem. It’s a real thing!

The Scunthorpe problem is the unintentional blocking of websites, e-mails, forum posts or search results by a spam filter or search engine because their text contains a string (or substring) of letters that appear to have an obscene or otherwise unacceptable meaning. Names, abbreviations, and technical terms are most often cited as being affected by the issue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem

Tony Khan said in an interview the house show had over thousand paid fans and did over $20k in merch sales.

They filled 1/5th of Daily's place hopefully when the pandemic is over they get out touring,

I would be first in line for a Dublin show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Tony Khan said in an interview the house show had over thousand paid fans and did over $20k in merch sales.

They filled 1/5th of Daily's place hopefully when the pandemic is over they get out touring,

I'll be 2nd in that line. They had planned on doing a UK show pre pandemic, hopefully we get them in Dublin.

20k in merch sales. If thats accurate, then its proof that theirs a huge demand and appetite for an altenrative to WWE.

Id go out of my way to get front row tickets even if uts a house show.

I'd say that is pretty much everyone who went to it bought a t-shirt.

I'd say that is pretty much everyone who went to it bought a t-shirt.

How big is Dailys place?

25 dollars per tee, so 20000 dollars for 800 shirts sold. Roughly

• Advertisement

How big is Dailys place?

25 dollars per tee, so 20000 dollars for 800 shirts sold. Roughly

5500k full capacity but they were keeping it social distance safe so had just over a thousand paid in.

1000 fans in you are talking not far off everyone buying some sort of merch T-shirt’s being the most obvious.

5500k full capacity but they were keeping it social distance safe so had just over a thousand paid in.

1000 in with kids etc you are talking not far off everyone buying some sort of merch T-shirt’s being the most obvious.

I know some kids would obviously be there, but the majority of attendees wouldnt be kids.

I know I'll be bringing my kid to it.

I know some kids would obviously be there, but the majority of attendees wouldnt be kids.

I know I'll be bringing my kid to it.

$30 for tickets so $30k in ticket sales and $20k in merch sales.

$50k for a house

Tour that 3 times a week around your TV traveling around the country not burn out the same market then that is a nice base to be building off financially especially when the WWE have said they are not going to tour for the foreseeable future.

Hold on a second here.

They have run Dalys place 30 times in the last 27 weeks.

How the f*ck are they selling a t-shirt or two to every single person attending a house show? There is simply no possibility the vast majority of those people have not attended many of the shows since last July. Bear in mind they have had attendances as low as 300 for some of these Dynamites. Where are all these new fans coming from?

Don't buy it.

$30 for tickets so $30k in ticket sales and $20k in merch sales.

$50k for a house

Tour that 3 times a week around your TV traveling around the country not burn out the same market then that is a nice base to be building off financially especially when the WWE have said they are not going to tour for the foreseeable future.

They'd lose their ass on that. AEW pays hotel, food & trans for their talent, and they do not run with lean crews either. Everyone is in massive factions which means having tons of people on the shows.

Add that to labour costs, local union costs, building rental etc. They'd lose so much money doing this.

It works in Dalys place because they own the building so no rental or labour cost, and the talent is all there anyway.

Their business is TV money. The whole business is, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

For reference in terms of tickets, it's dirt cheap at the moment. I got combo tickets for both the show this week and on May 5th for for 59 quid overall. Looks like that's how they're pulling in the locals.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'll be 2nd in that line. They had planned on doing a UK show pre pandemic, hopefully we get them in Dublin.

Yea wasn't Fyter Fest 2020 meant to be in the UK?

Yea wasn't Fyter Fest 2020 meant to be in the UK?

I believe so, it was definitely one of their B ppvs for sure. Would've been great fun, if they were to do that and travel was possible I'd definitely go to the UK for it.

Speaking of AEW merch, so far I have a Team Taz shirt and an Eddie Kingston one. Love both and proudly wear them around. They’re class. Missus wants an AEW hoodie for her birthday. She’s as hooked on it as I am and hits me up with rankings news as soon as it’s out.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Speaking of AEW merch, so far I have a Team Taz shirt and an Eddie Kingston one. Love both and proudly wear them around. They’re class. Missus wants an AEW hoodie for her birthday. She’s as hooked on it as I am and hits me up with rankings news as soon as it’s out.

Saw someone in my area with an AEW hoodie on the other day. Gotta get some of that merch!

Advertisement