Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Really enjoyed that show.

Lots of highlights, I love how they're putting Ogogo's gut punch over. The women's title match was very enjoyable and Penta/Trent was fun. Christian and Hobbs was good too, I really love Team Tazz and all that's going on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Seeing all the factions emerging in AEW makes me think AEW could have a post-apocalyptic feel to it one day where a large faction war breaks out between all the stables creating anarchy and decay, and with all the factions carving up territory behind these scenes and trying to claim dominance over all the others. The ring would be like "the wasteland" or "no man's land" that we always see in post-apocalyptic movies. I think there's potential in something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think attacking the Elite trailer is more of a late feud action. Let them have it for a while before attacking/invading it.

I noticed Billy Gunn is using his full name now. He was just going by Billy before so they must have gotten permission from WWE to use the name or maybe the trademark had expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

More than half way through Dynamite and as usual....nothing to skip and all mostly entertaining.

Page v Hangman….. firstly loved how Taz was on the commentary desk. He not only got Straks over, but he did a great job at making Page feel like a big deal. Fantastic work by Taz. My Fite TV skipped at one point, this happen to anyone else? Starks was Jaw jacking then skipped to him on his back. Fite TV skip aside, a very good tv match, if a bit short. Both men got over and I enjoyed it.

Baker being positioned to the Womens title is whats needed for the division.

Inner Circle Promo was ok. Jericho was forcing it too much, hated teh sing song attempt....the segment fell flat.

Pinnacles promo though, chef kiss. Wardlow is developing fine, I see a better Roman Reigns in him. He can be a top star. MJF was killing it as always. Clever, puts over IC as a big deal and passionate. Cant complain here.

Mox and Kingston are too goofy. They are more Rush Hour than Tango and Cash.

Womens match was good, Shida and Conti worked hard.

Penta is awesome and Alex is excelling as his mouthpiece, hes really into the role now. Match with Trent?(state of the ? BTW), went on a little long for my liking but Happy to see Penta go over.

Christian and Powerhouse Hobbs to come when the kids in bed. Cant wait. Perfect use of Christian and how can you not enjoy Hobbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,094 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yup my Fite stream skipped as well

Very strange

Headshot wrote: »
    Yup my Fite stream skipped as well

Very strange

I thought I just sat on my remote.

What happened to Starks for him to post the message above?

beakerjoe wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure, maybe it was his landing on his ankle?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm not entirely sure, maybe it was his landing on his ankle?

xv6d7xb3snu61.gif

Presumably he was meant to land on his feet or he's just been putting in extra hours with Cody.

Either way, he's lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,522 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He landed very badly on his neck

Billy Gunn is 57.

Wonder was the stripped from Fite TV. I don't remember it

Miro referring to Darby's mentor "emo face paint daddy"

Made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

0.37 in the demo, 1.1 million viewers this week.

Isnt it strange that there's still no build up the Omega v Swann on AEW?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Real missed opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It is, has to be a TNT thing I'd imagine. They did have an ad for Rebellion on TNT when I watched last night but apart from Kenny's brief mention, there was nothing.

Also to add, I'm hearing now Blood and Guts is one match event. Still excited to go to my first AEW show but was hoping I'd see more of the roster if that's the case. A long match in that Florida humidity could get rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Tony Khan said in an interview that he legitimately pays for the AEW ads inserted on Impact and so Impact would have to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The whole Impact thing is just weird. Like come next Wednesday Kenny is supposed to be showing up with 2 or no titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was interested in the Impact stuff for a grand total of 7 days. Also, what’s the craic with the Good Brothers. Are they signed or what’s going on with them?

• Advertisement

Even though I'm not the biggest Jericho fan these days, I've always preferred him as a heel. Thought the "comedy" in his promo last night was awful.

Even though I'm not the biggest Jericho fan these days, I've always preferred him as a heel. Thought the "comedy" in his promo last night was awful.

It was very low bar, trying too hard. He needs to keep it simple. Low brow humour like calling them pineapple or the showtune really misses the mark. MJF is really coning off much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭ThePott

I kinda feel like so far the whole 'Forbidden Door' thing has been a bust so far. Granted there's plenty of time for it to turn around and you maybe Covid is making it hard but it's basically just been a moment here or there with not much pay-off IMO.

Thought Dynamite was decent this week but it feels to me like it's in a holding pattern a bit.

It was very low bar, trying too hard. He needs to keep it simple. Low brow humour like calling them pineapple or the showtune really misses the mark. MJF is really coning off much better.

He's trying so hard to get my jerkoff friend and the pineapple over and it's never going to happen.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I was interested in the Impact stuff for a grand total of 7 days. Also, what’s the craic with the Good Brothers. Are they signed or what’s going on with them?

Feels like they're only working with Impact so they can use the good brothers. I think Private party with Matt Hardy are the only AEW people to appear on Impact? (and Kenny). I don't think anyone (except for the good brothers) from Impact has shown up on Dynamite.

I can't stand the good brothers though so I wouldn't mind them closing the "forbidden door" if it meant they wouldn't show up on AEW anymore :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Feels like they're only working with Impact so they can use the good brothers. I think Private party with Matt Hardy are the only AEW people to appear on Impact? (and Kenny). I don't think anyone (except for the good brothers) from Impact has shown up on Dynamite.

I can't stand the good brothers though so I wouldn't mind them closing the "forbidden door" if it meant they wouldn't show up on AEW anymore :D
    You are more than welcome to keep them in AEW :pac:

The Impact crossover was a bit lacklustre alright back before Christmas (because of the the recording delay for impact I think) but they've done some very good stuff the last few weeks, the press conference last week especially, it's a real pity it's not promoted better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It is, has to be a TNT thing I'd imagine. They did have an ad for Rebellion on TNT when I watched last night but apart from Kenny's brief mention, there was nothing.

Also to add, I'm hearing now Blood and Guts is one match event. Still excited to go to my first AEW show but was hoping I'd see more of the roster if that's the case. A long match in that Florida humidity could get rough.

Has anybody ever wanted to see a 2 hour wrestling match......

More than half way through Dynamite and as usual....nothing to skip and all mostly entertaining.

Page v Hangman….. firstly loved how Taz was on the commentary desk. He not only got Straks over, but he did a great job at making Page feel like a big deal. Fantastic work by Taz. My Fite TV skipped at one point, this happen to anyone else? Starks was Jaw jacking then skipped to him on his back. Fite TV skip aside, a very good tv match, if a bit short. Both men got over and I enjoyed it.

Baker being positioned to the Womens title is whats needed for the division.

Inner Circle Promo was ok. Jericho was forcing it too much, hated teh sing song attempt....the segment fell flat.

Pinnacles promo though, chef kiss. Wardlow is developing fine, I see a better Roman Reigns in him. He can be a top star. MJF was killing it as always. Clever, puts over IC as a big deal and passionate. Cant complain here.

Mox and Kingston are too goofy. They are more Rush Hour than Tango and Cash.

Womens match was good, Shida and Conti worked hard.

Penta is awesome and Alex is excelling as his mouthpiece, hes really into the role now. Match with Trent?(state of the ? BTW), went on a little long for my liking but Happy to see Penta go over.

Christian and Powerhouse Hobbs to come when the kids in bed. Cant wait. Perfect use of Christian and how can you not enjoy Hobbs.

QT vs Billy Gunn went on far too long. Gunn is in great shape for his age, no doubt, but he was a gick wrestler in his prime and tangling with QT, who is no ring general himself, was a low point on the show. Tony calling him one of the greats .....come on Tony.

Christian vs Hobbs was a really enjoyable TV match. Really enjoyed it. Hope we get a Starks v Christian match soon.

Darby vs Jungle Boy was as excellent as TV matches go. Both men can work and while both are used to playing the underdog, neither wrestled as such. Jungle Boy is on his way to being a star. Love this guy.

One thing you gotta love about AEW is that they are fantastic at elevating and building talent. If Mox, Bucks, Omega, Jericho, Cody all diappear for one reason or another, they have positioned talent like Allin, Jungle Boy, MJF, Archer, Penta, Fenix, Pac, ....all ready to fill the gaps, and others below them to move up.

And man can they build faces, something WWE have completely forgotten how to do. Take Jungle Boy, I wanna see him do well, I see the guy as a man I wanna cheer for, have sympathy for,..... like you should with a face. Watching NXT, you have all the faces being dicks. Kyle O'R is being positioned as a top face, Cameron Grimes comes out and is obviously a heel. He politely and nicely asks KOR to join him and instead of just declining and maybe having Grimes attack KOR, they have KOR act like a **** and attack him first. Its no way for a face to act yet WWE think this is the way to go every single time with faces, who end up coming off like condescending assholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

One thing you gotta love about AEW is that they are fantastic at elevating and building talent. If Mox, Bucks, Omega, Jericho, Cody all diappear for one reason or another, they have positioned talent like Allin, Jungle Boy, MJF, Archer, Penta, Fenix, Pac, ....all ready to fill the gaps, and others below them to move up.

Everybody's stuff is treated as important, and as a result there are (off the top of my head) 10 or more guys who would be acceptable if they were announced in the coming weeks as the next proper challenger to Omega.

I also love how feuds (appear to) develop logically and organically in AEW. Too often in WWE feuds are thrown together because someone else is going for the title and these two other guys have nothing to do, so they end up facing each other, probably for the 50th time, in a match no one will remember after the PPV.

Advertisement