Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God damn I love Darby

https://twitter.com/i/status/1392662097775972353

Here's what TK said about Miro after the match

"Whether people know it or not, we're re-contextualizing Miro," Khan said. "I don't know what Miro was supposed to be before he came to AEW. I don't understand what he represented. And I think most of the great characters in wrestling have some element of their personality, where they bring themselves into it. And the Miro you're seeing is the person I know."

I'm just kind of rebuilding him, to be honest with you. I thought he got beat up so badly [in WWE]," he continued. "I saw some jackass on Twitter was like, 'This guy drove a tank at WrestleMania and now he's doing this,' and I'm like, 'Yeah, and then he got kicked in the nuts and they treated him like s— for years. He drove a tank out five years ago. That's not the guy I signed. The guy I signed had been abused for years. And he's being rebuilt."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm sure people will disagree but there's a lot of arrogance in that statement. Miro has only been salvaged in the last few months. They put him in a lame wedding story for months on end and he had a weird twitch gamer persona. They're rebuilding him, yes but some of that rebuilding was because of the way they fumbled him in the beginning IMO, WWE did him wrong absolutely but AEW did him no favours initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dave reporting that Andrade has been in talks with AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ThePott wrote: »
    I'm sure people will disagree but there's a lot of arrogance in that statement. Miro has only been salvaged in the last few months. They put him in a lame wedding story for months on end and he had a weird twitch gamer persona. They're rebuilding him, yes but some of that rebuilding was because of the way they fumbled him in the beginning IMO, WWE did him wrong absolutely but AEW did him no favours initially.

Weeks... hes only been salavged in the last 4 to 5 weeks.

Wade Keller of PWTorch noted on a recent podcast that certain members of ‘The Elite’ are no longer talking to one another.

Keller notes, “There’s gonna be a book written someday by some of these EVPs or someone else closely observing and we’re gonna learn about a lot of dysfunction." He goes on to say that the very short honeymoon period in AEW is over. When Keller notes "there are certain key people who aren’t even talking to each other anymore,” one has to wonder what this means for their on-air product and company operations if AEW President Tony Khan can't get things back on track.

Keller went on to say that there's really no way AEW is going to keep all of this quiet. It's certainly not ideal if issues between The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes and Kenny Omega become public, but that's how upset people are. While we don't know specifically what's causing the rift, “I think we’re gonna find that out,” Keller said.

Because of all of this friction, Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net reports a major free agent has already looked at AEW and is hesitant about going there. Not interested in joining a promotion that has reported infighting, this "difference maker" could elect not to sign.

Interesting (if true). You'd have to think its Cody (not on speaking terms) with the bucks and/or Kenny. Can't see it being Kenny and the bucks not talking to each other.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Weeks... hes only been salavged in the last 4 to 5 weeks.
    True, I wanted to say this but feared being jumped on for pointing out it was in fact weeks :D

The EVPs rumours have been doing the rounds for a long time, long enough that it's hard to tell whether they hold water. Definitely seems like the divide would be between Cody and the Elite though. More and more his segments and storylines seem totally disconnected from the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Interesting (if true). You'd have to think its Cody (not on speaking terms) with the bucks and/or Kenny. Can't see it being Kenny and the bucks not talking to each other.
    How reliable is Wade? Cody strikes me as a businessman to his core, I'd be surprised if he would let things slip between himself and the Bucks/Omega.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I almost forgot he is even part of the Elite till I saw him on an old BTE recently

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Young Bucks/Good Brothers just give me go away heat at this stage. Gallows and Anderson bring f*ck all to the table. Bucks are just muppets, I feel like I could batter them myself. Kenny is the only one I like in that crew, well Don as well, he’s class.

Was it ever revealed, when Khan was setting up the company, was it his plan to offer the elite EVP roles or was it something they asked for as a condition to sign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder is it all a work though , because whenever they finally decide to do it Omega vs Cody will be a massive match

I wonder is it all a work though , because whenever they finally decide to do it Omega vs Cody will be a massive match

I assume you mean Omega vs Hangman. ;)

I assume you mean Omega vs Hangman. ;)

Hangman has to be the man to take Omega down. I just hope they dont cool him off too much.

Wait for the haters reactions when Dave comes out with they are good mates chatting away and there is nothing in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Oh ya totally agree it's Hangman that has to do it he's long term booking has been fantastic

buuuuut Omega vs Cody would be a massive draw also if it were to happen

Oh ya totally agree it's Hangman that has to do it he's long term booking has been fantastic

buuuuut Omega vs Cody would be a massive draw also if it were to happen
    I get you. There's a story that started in Japan that hasn't been completed between them. It has mad potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Flights and hotel sorted for Jacksonville again in two weeks. Can't wait!

I forgot to post some pics from the Blood and Guts show. Taken while gargled so apologies for quality 😂

sihSA8y.jpg
    RqFG76J.jpg
    nZkkfIq.jpg
    I1j5qpG.jpg
    9KxIiiw.jpg
    OHEOLmh.jpg
    HRNuiVP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^^ Honestly, those are absolutely class.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tony in the first picture :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

ThePott wrote: »
    True, I wanted to say this but feared being jumped on for pointing out it was in fact weeks :D

The EVPs rumours have been doing the rounds for a long time, long enough that it's hard to tell whether they hold water. Definitely seems like the divide would be between Cody and the Elite though. More and more his segments and storylines seem totally disconnected from the rest of the show.

Any time there's been a wrestling promotion where there's a committee of people at the top there end up being big fallings out.

I doubt they are wishing harm upon each other but of course there are divisions and tension between them. You even just see the style of wrestling Cody wants to present where it's logical and grounded and detail focused, much more old school versus the bucks where it's cirque de soleil in ring, very ironic and sarcastic, self aware humour on the mic and in their spots. These competing ideals trying to run a business & write creative are going to cause nerves to fray over time.

Not even sure it's a bad thing. As long as Khan has final say, a little tension among the troops is fine, keeps everyone sharp.

• Advertisement

Dave reporting that nobody isn’t talking to each other and in wrestling it is impossible to get every one to agree on everything.

Cody has a more business relationship with Omega and Bucks who are a legit close friends.

I think It is pretty obvious how much of a business man Cody is compared to the other three.

Now for the Dave haters to say Dave is taking out of his arse as he is a shill for AEW.

Yeah that makes sense, Cody always seemed to be the business side of things and the Kenny and the Bucks have been friends for ages. Again don't think it's a major thing but it does seem strange and make the show disconnected at times. I'm sure that won't last forever though.

Also Impact Under Siege Spoilers.
    At their next event, Against All Odds on June 12th it will be
    Kenny Omega vs. Moose for the Impact World Championship
    . Expected this one for Slammiversary, not sure what it means for the belt collector long-term. Could see some sheanigans to draw it out till then. Always expected
    Moose to be the one to bring the title back to Impact

Dave reporting that Andrade has been in talks with AEW.
    Wait for the haters reactions when Dave comes out with they are good mates chatting away and there is nothing in the story.
    Dave reporting that nobody isn’t talking to each other and in wrestling it is impossible to get every one to agree on everything.

Now for the Dave haters to say Dave is taking out of his arse as he is a shill for AEW.

Just call him Big Daddy Meltz and be done with it.

Didn't take long for them to arrive in here.

Its not like Dave wont cover for those involved. Hard to assume his report on this is credible.

Is Dave reporting the truth? Perhaps.

Is it likely hes covering up the story on behalf of his sources? Yes.

Didn't take long for them to arrive in here.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m not a Meltzer hater in the slightest. Don’t read any of his stuff. I nothing him. Just find it somewhat funny you are going on about it as if it’s a polarising war between factions.

As for arriving in here, well I’ve been here on this thread a good while and generally just talk about the show as it’s presented on television.

Just like a cheap pop at the expensive of other posters.

Grand.

Don’t work yourself into a shoot, brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

What was the story with Cody's promo? Either there's a heel turn coming soon enough down the road or he's losing it altogether. I have seen his post on Twitter claiming some people have said it was the greatest promo of the modern era, or something along those lines.

I am a bit disappointed with Cody overall, I think he's struggled to build anything substantial at all since Jericho. The match with Brodie Lee was decent, but even the build for that wasn't great IMO.

And out of all the groups or factions, the Nightmare Family has been the lamest.

Been enjoying the shows overall. There's so many matches and avenues they can go down, it helps keep things fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

nazmoalex wrote: »
    What was the story with Cody's promo? Either there's a heel turn coming soon enough down the road or he's losing it altogether. I have seen his post on Twitter claiming some people have said it was the greatest promo of the modern era, or something along those lines.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    That's pretty much it. Only a heel promo to non Americans. :)

As for Cody, Kenny and the Bucks, maybe the others should do their job as well as Cody. Like isn't Kenny supposed to be involved with the women's side of it? If it wasn't for Britt getting herself over there'd be very little of interest there. And when one of the other big names in the division is from outside, then they need to look at what they're doing.

Advertisement