Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Callis is just so good.

Ogogo is getting over as a real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ogogo is getting over as a real deal.

Until he loses at first attempt against Cody. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ogogo might've had a chance if Cody wasn't fighting on behalf of an entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I loved that Orange Cassidy segment with the contact tearing.

It was so typical OC with the laid back tearing

• Advertisement

Max Caster Oral Session line cracked me up so much

the guy is just money

Mox's new update entrance tune just suits him to the ground.

Imagine that in a full sold out show, god damn that will be epic

I think double or nothing might be their weakest PPV card so far. Sometimes the ones that don't look great on paper can be the PPVs that turn out to be great though. Revolution had a brilliant card but I came away from it disappointed. Really not looking forward to another stadium stampede though. Wasn't a huge fan of the first but understood why they did one at the time with no fans allowed.

Even though it's a different version, still don't like wild thing for Moxley. I hope him and Kingston don't get too goofy as well. Most of their promos recently are more comedy than serious which I'm not a fan of.

Really enjoyed Christian/Sydal and the NWA women's title match. I liked that there was a good few promos as well. Even short ones can help get a person over better.

Darby and Sting v Page and Sky in a tag team match at Double or Nothing (not going to be cinematic match) has me intrigued

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Headshot wrote: »
    Mox's new update entrance tune just suits him to the ground.

Imagine that in a full sold out show, god damn that will be epic

The cover of Wild Thing is not an improvement on the original, however its faster pace suits Mox better IMO

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Loved this week's Dynamite. Ogogo looked like a beast, Cody's gonna sell busted ribs for at least half of their upcoming match I'm sure :D

Cage v Sydal was good and then out comes Team Taz. "Hold my drink" from Hangman to Starks made me chuckle and we also had major HOOK action. ;)

Deeb v Red Velvet wasn't too bad, Deeb looks strong - does she have Thunder Rosa for that belt next?

The tag matches were fun, I'm sure the Acclaimed cleared that rap with Mox and Renée first :P Bucks vs Blonds was the sorta ****housing you'd expect and was fun. Eddie Kingston stealing shoes was a good laugh.

The promo sections were fun - teasing a sorta unhinged slant to Sean Spears in the Pinnacle bit. I was a bit shook when I saw Dean Malenko - saw the shakes and didn't realise he'd spoken about having Parkinson's before. It's a very tough illness to be dealing with. I liked the call-back to "how many holds I know" bit they did a million years ago.

I really enjoyed Dynamite

Ogogo looked Great though he's still very green, I am looking forward to seeing what Cody can do with him. Not expecting a match of the year though.

Cage v Sydal was great for a tv match and enjoyed the afters, esp Starks and Page. Hooks suplex looked great...apple, tree etc. LOB defo fainted with excitement.

Was hoping The Acclaimed got the win, but the will be fine I guess. I noticed Bowens took the loss again.... I enjoyed it.

Pinnacle all nailed their promo and Jericho nhas good too (enjoyed the little segments with Dean Malenko, a nice touch"

Kaz cut a good promo too.

Bucks v Blondes was fun too.

As always.....an easy 2 hour watch.

I wonder could Curry Man debut soon.

Or

Could The Fallen Angel take over as the leader of The Dark Order.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Dynamite

Ogogo looked Great though he's still very green, I am looking forward to seeing what Cody can do with him. Not expecting a match of the year though.

Cage v Sydal was great for a tv match and enjoyed the afters, esp Starks and Page. Hooks suplex looked great...apple, tree etc. LOB defo fainted with excitement.

Was hoping The Acclaimed got the win, but the will be fine I guess. I noticed Bowens took the loss again.... I enjoyed it.

Pinnacle all nailed their promo and Jericho nhas good too (enjoyed the little segments with Dean Malenko, a nice touch"

Kaz cut a good promo too.

Bucks v Blondes was fun too.

As always.....an easy 2 hour watch.

Be interesting to see how they work around Ogogo's left eye, to avoid damaging it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

beakerjoe wrote: »

Had anyone heard from LOB since Hook's appearance. May have been too much.

Is the Stadium Stampede stipulation one way? Or will the Pinnacle have to spilt up as well?

Miro's promo was superb, god damn he's on fire

“MURDERHAWK YOU ALWAYS SAY EVERYBODY DIES AND ITS TRUE EVERYBODY DIES BUT I JUST INSIST THAT YOU GONNA BE FIRST.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Big Wild Thing guy. Great stuff.

Christian Cage is beyond solid, he's proving to be a great addition to this roster. Great fit that brings something they needed.

The Young Bucks are just so good. Total heel performance, easily the best the Varsity Blondes have ever looked. Like most tag teams, their best match is opposite the Bucks.

HOOK throwing suplexes, punched and looking hot in a tank top was the topper for me. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

The X version of Wild Thing is definitely an improvement over the Troggs version for an entrance. I did quite like Mox's entrance them as is though. The Acclaimed are excellent, they're becoming a real highlight. As great as that Oral Sessions diss was excellent but Bowen's getting slapped Mid-AEW absolutely killed me.

Pretty solid Dynamite overall. Looking forward to Lance Archer vs Miro, just wish they'd be more consistent with Archer tbh. Next week's show looks a bit of a dud on the whole which is a shame.

I'm looking forward to Joey Janela vs “Hangman” Adam Page

Joey can really put in some superb performances and his first match against Page was excellent

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Joey Janela vs “Hangman” Adam Page

Joey can really put in some superb performances and his first match against Page was excellent

I loved his match with Darby Allin a few months back. Hes not a character I wanna see each week but hes been used well by AEW.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1395173492690145280

Finally someone asks the right questions on this "Superkick Party"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

"One's a rapper and the other one's the rappers... uhhhh friend"

Shoutout to that "Lunatic Cringe" line from Bowens :)

Don't forget this gold that aired on Dark the night before:
    https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1394799712490885122

I'm about 200% in on the Acclaimed. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The two tag matches were really good, more greatness from the Bucks and the Eddie/Mox combo gets better by the week. So much potential with both the Blondes and the Acclaimed, especially the latter, great gimmick.

Wasn't overly excited for DON but they have me hooked after this weeks episode. Looking forward to the tag title match, the TNT championship match, Cage/Hangman, Baker/Shida and the Battle Royale and Cody/Ogogo. The three way and Stadium Stampede are a bit meh but have a feeling it's gonna be a cracker of a PPV.

Miro vs Archer will be a hard hitting thing of beauty and I don’t want to either one lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Miro vs Archer will be a hard hitting thing of beauty and I don’t want to either one lose.

It's a tough one. Miro just won the belt but Archer is veering into high level jobber at this point.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ratings well down again, 821,000 for last Wednesday

Ratings down across the board in wrestling. NBA playoffs took a chunk out of everyone.

• Advertisement

Ratings down across the board in wrestling. NBA playoffs took a chunk out of everyone.

Advertisement