Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seriously what Tony Khan has done for that kid and the family is amazing.

So as of yesterday, Shida has been the AEW Women's Champion for a year.

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1396584160085614594?s=19

Question now is, does her reign survive past Double Or Nothing this weekend, or does Britt Baker knock her off the perch and claim her first AEW Women's Championship.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It feels like it's a foregone conclusion that Britt gets it and Shida's been a bit of an afterthought in this whilst they focused on Britt's rise through the rankings to get to the number 1 spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Shiminay wrote: »
    It feels like it's a foregone conclusion that Britt gets it and Shida's been a bit of an afterthought in this whilst they focused on Britt's rise through the rankings to get to the number 1 spot.

Agree. It's just a question of when with Britt winning it and I think the time is right. They can build to a rematch with Thunder Rosa down the line.

Tony Khan needs to get rid of JR having him constantly sh1t on the talent in the company that pays his wages is just beyond a joke.

It seems clear as day he hates working there and cannot stand the product and wants to be back working for Vince having Vince make fun of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Seems clear as day to me that he enjoys working there given how often he talks about how much he loves it.

Perhaps the talent aren't as ultra sensitive as some of the fans and can actually accept constructive criticism like grown ups?

I like that AEW talent doesn't feel they have to pretend they love every piece of every show like WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How did AEW do the last time it went against Smackdown?
    This isn't the first time, is it?

Tony Khan needs to get rid of JR having him constantly sh1t on the talent in the company that pays his wages is just beyond a joke.

It seems clear as day he hates working there and cannot stand the product and wants to be back working for Vince having Vince make fun of him.

That's a pretty spicy take - I've never gotten the impression that JR is unhappy in AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Stadium Stampede confirmed as the Main event for Double or Nothing, which is a good shout, the World title match has no stakes, Omega isn't dropping it any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bank Holiday Monday aint it?

Lovely I can watch it live

Headshot wrote: »

Nawww, it's next week I'm afraid (the Bank Holiday). Sucks, I had the exact same thought :)

ah ****

Another new member for Best Friends? Is that the group name or does the group have a different name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Have they moved all their PPVs to Sundays then? Sucks if so, Saturday was way better from a European point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Have they moved all their PPVs to Sundays then? Sucks if so, Saturday was way better from a European point of view.
    From what I remember Tony Khan said that half of their PPVs would be on Saturday and half would be on Sunday. No idea why that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Thought it was to do with clashing with UFC / boxing but that wouldn't make sense for this one.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Nawww, it's next week I'm afraid (the Bank Holiday). Sucks, I had the exact same thought :)
    ah ****

I see I'm not the only one who had this line of thought...

Tay Conti on AEW Unrestricted

Damn!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

ThePott wrote: »
    From what I remember Tony Khan said that half of their PPVs would be on Saturday and half would be on Sunday. No idea why that is the case.

Bank holidays in the States. Memorial day weekend this weekend and I think All Out is around labor day usually. They're making a handy weekend of it this weekend with Dynamite Friday, Fan Fest Saturday and PPV Sunday.

I've only just copped on to it now, but The Factory logo is styled similar to how Van Halen have the VH on their 1991 F.U.C.K album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Bank holidays in the States. Memorial day weekend this weekend and I think All Out is around labor day usually. They're making a handy weekend of it this weekend with Dynamite Friday, Fan Fest Saturday and PPV Sunday.
    I get why it's Sunday in that regard for holidays but why put some on Saturday at all? Or is just a case that there aren't enough public holidays to warrant consistent Sunday PPVs.

Tay Conti on AEW Unrestricted

Damn!

She is Awesome.

The Dynamite after Double Or Nothing is on Friday, June 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Enjoyable episode of Dark Elevation, really good showing from Ren Narita. Cool to see him on a bigger stage having watched him in numerous Young Lion NJPW openers and interesting to see him working a US TV style match, thought he did very well.

The Roppongi Vice reunion was nice, Rocky looked great in the main event which is no surprise, he's a class act. Schiavone and Wight were putting him over big time on commentary.

Only noticing the Ogogo logo is in the style of the Olympic rings, nicely done.

If they wanted to go the heel route with her, how do you think Leila Hirsch would fit into Team Tazz? Just hearing Tazz and Starks on commentary for her they seemed impressed.

Hook getting a few more moves in this week.
    On a list of team splits I couldn't care less about, Joey/Sonny is up there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There's just no frickin way Cody is losing this is there?

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1397546141596667908

Seems to always get the big win at the first time of asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

There's just no frickin way Cody is losing this is there?

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1397546141596667908

Seems to always get the big win at the first time of asking

Huh? That's not true at all.

He loses first time out to the guys who are proper potential main eventers, like he did MJF, Brodie, Young Bucks and Jericho but beats the lower card guys who are just there to provide a program like Dustin, Spears, Archer, QT. Darby he went back and forth with as the story was the smaller guy building up to the big win - which was well told and really elevated Darby.

I'd have him win this anyway. Don't see enough in Ogogo to go with him in a big way yet.

Advertisement