Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Damn I'm jealous

of anna jay ........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

AEW shop have a 20% sale for the 4th of July

Use code USA

Valid from 1st - 5th

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Stu will be devastated

Potentially some killer matches lined up for Wednesday

* Sammy Guevara vs. MJF
    * Miro (c) vs. Brian Pillman Jr. (TNT Title)
    * Britt Baker & Rebel vs. Nyla Rose & Vickie Guerrero
    * The Young Bucks vs. Eddie Kingston & Penta El Zero Miedo (AEW Tag-Team Title Eliminator)

Im hoping we see Thea Trinidad instead of Vickie, i have no interest in Vickie any where in AEW...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm a little out of the loop, but can someone explain why Penta is teaming with Eddie instead of Pac or Rey Fenix (i'm assuming Rey is injured).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm a little out of the loop, but can someone explain why Penta is teaming with Eddie instead of Pac or Rey Fenix (i'm assuming Rey is injured).

Taking story at face value they're best mates, but Penta indeed has to be one of the most scattered brained booked wrestler on the roster. Seems to have a personality shift every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think the basic gist was that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Fenix is injured AFAIK and Moxley just had a baby so I guess they figured putting them together solved two problems at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know what to think of that post Dynamite bit at the start of Elevation. Eddie is good on the mic for motivating people and AEW are lucky to have him, but just seemed out of place like one of those things viewers shouldn't be seeing.

Of course the main reason for checking out Dark and Elevation is to hear Max Caster if he's on. Everything else is a bonus.

Varsity Blondes still seem to be getting used to Julia. They just seem awkward a lot of the time before and after the match. Think was the same before her as well. Like they don't know what to do. Kinda like when you're standing trying to figure out what to do with your hands.

So does one of the Bucks (Nick is it?) mock/impersonate Shawn Michaels the way he gets in the ring and runs around it, like we saw on Elevation?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't know what to think of that post Dynamite bit at the start of Elevation. Eddie is good on the mic for motivating people and AEW are lucky to have him, but just seemed out of place like one of those things viewers shouldn't be seeing.

The "Other channel" stuff? Kingston's delivery is wasted on sycophantic shíte like that. Even Christian looked like he didn't want to be there.

If it was Andrade or Aleister Black saying that stuff, it would still be dumb but at least they were wronged in WWE so the bitterness would make sense.

"Oh, I'm burning another bridge." Eddie, you've never even worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah wasn't a fan of that but I just mean he's a decent talker and clearly not speaking from a script. True it also means he can put his foot in it as well. But that was part of the reason it didn't seem suited for broadcast.
    Like I'm sure if he was there to send them home happy, that they have someone do it every week they have fans so why show it now and will they be showing it every week now?

Oh and meant to say that annoying guy was still being annoying in the front row on Dynamite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Penta, Fenix & Pac exist in a netherworld where they never turn face or heel and just fill whatever role is needed on a given TV show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Monokne wrote: »
    Penta, Fenix & Pac exist in a netherworld where they never turn face or heel and just fill whatever role is needed on a given TV show.

I was hoping they would have moved more with Penta vs Cody as it had some great potential.

Looking forward to tonight. Feels like it could be the start of a new chapter for the company with the return to Wednesdays and going back on the road next week. Think they will really up their game on tonight's show and moving forward hopefully, after an average enough month since double or nothing.

There was an interesting part of Sammys vlog where Cody was saying the along the lines of that AEW is going back on the road and they cannot take everyone with them and asked other independent promotions to look at some of the talent from Dark

Such as

KiLynn King

Baron Black

Fuego (cannot stand him)

I'm surprised by the KiLynn King one as I thought AEW would be interested

I hope JD Drake gets signed. I always seem to enjoy his matches.

Agree with you about Fuego. I actually find most people on Sammy's blog annoying, including Sammy himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I hope we're getting worked a little there and they get something so let's see. My friend and I are organizing a punk and wrestling festival for Vegas next year and have been in touch with a few of the AEW folks. All have been an absolute pleasure to deal with so far and can't wait to start putting it together.

I hope JD Drake gets signed. I always seem to enjoy his matches.

Agree with you about Fuego. I actually find most people on Sammy's blog annoying, including Sammy himself.

Yes I have alot of time for JD Drake, loving him in the The Wingmen faction

I also completely agree about Sammy's blog, I dont know why I watch it but it use to be more of behind the scenes iirc but it's morphed in to his rubbish

Also so happy I'm not the only one who hates Fuego. He seems to be the internet darling and i just want to puke

From PWInsider

Sonjay Dutt, who exited WWE NXT several weeks ago as a Performance Center Coach and Producer, is backstage at tonight's AEW Dynamite taping in Jacksonville, Florida, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Dutt was working as a Producer and is believed to have signed on full-time with the promotion.

Prior to his WWE run, Dutt was a Producer for Impact Wrestling. Dutt quietly retired several years back.

was that the ref or Matt's fault for the 3 count

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andrade's first match next week against Matt Sydal that a good choice for his first match in AEW.

• Advertisement

AC your wrong it's against Matt something

who ever that is

Must be a new AEW sighing

Miro is the best thing in wrestling today.

Miro is the best thing in wrestling today.

New entrance theme too

He's all in on gods favorite wrestler

Oh nice Starks vs Page for the FTW title very nice.

Ah man that's great news to hear Starks is back

then they bring me back to earth and I fecking have to see Vicky wrestle, what are they thinking

God I wish I could fast forward this

i can only hope they are keeping Thea for a PPV

They are stacking next weeks show live from Miami.

holy f-uck

• Advertisement

wow that was some ****ing match

im in two minds about the end but by god that was good

Advertisement