Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Those two put on one hell of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

AC did i imagine it or did JR say WWE Dynamite?

Headshot wrote: »
    AC did i imagine it or did JR say WWE Dynamite?

I think he had a another slip of the tongue alright.

I think he had a another slip of the tongue alright.

Its getting really ****ing tiring at this point

Looks like Rebel suffered a bad injury in the tag match :(

• Advertisement

Darby Allin is in Jackass 4 which gets released later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's an interesting tache and beard Omega is sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

AC your wrong it's against Matt something

who ever that is

Must be a new AEW sighing

Maybe related to Jake in Impact.

I think if Hangman is going for the title, he has to stop with the drinking thing. It was grand when he was a heel but now it just doesn't look good

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe related to Jake in Impact.

I think if Hangman is going for the title, he has to stop with the drinking thing. It was grand when he was a heel but now it just doesn't look good

If his way to the title is inspired by him giving up alcohol then that has to be the dorkiest ever storyline committed to the medium. Imagine Stone Cold doing that. I'm offended tbh. :pac:

• Advertisement

It's really annoying that this **** up glossed over the superb video package that AEW did

Seeing the Brodie stuff still makes me tear up

At this stage i just want JR off the commentary and maybe moved to the back

Anyway this was a great show once you ignore that god awful women's match. How they thought was a good idea is beyond me.

Some highlights for me

The Bucks heels are just unreal and with the mustaches just take it to another level.
    I loved the match itself

Miro vs Brian Pillman Jr was great and damn Brian is really onto something, his entrance was superb and he's really good baby face at the moment
    Really put in some good stuff against Miro

Miro's stuff at the moment is the best I've seen any wrestler do in recent times, this is a guy who's the top of his game and keeps adding layers to his character.
    At the end he's on his knees cradling the title and looking up at god, perfect.

Ethan Page
    Wow he's heel work is super and the fans kept booing him, great stuff

One of the matches of the year contender for me
    MJF v Sammy, both the future of AEW
    What a match, this was just epic. Sammy doing an RVD dive outside to the crowd, wow. I was saying holy **** he's not going to attempt that distance is he?

I still not a fan of the ending but I can forgive it because of this great match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If his way to the title is inspired by him giving up alcohol then that has to be the dorkiest ever storyline committed to the medium. Imagine Stone Cold doing that. I'm offended tbh. :pac:

Not so much giving up alcohol, but maybe not bring a glass/bottle of whiskey with him everywhere he goes? Difference between having a drink and a drinking problem. Besides we all saw Austin waste most of that beer. :)

Looks like Penta's translator (Sorry, I forget his name) is getting a bigger role, since that was he who was interviewing Andrade, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great main event ruined by a horrible finish

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not so much giving up alcohol, but maybe not bring a glass/bottle of whiskey with him everywhere he goes? Difference between having a drink and a drinking problem. Besides we all saw Austin waste most of that beer. :)

Ok that's fair enough, as long as he's having a beer when he wins the title that's all that matters. :D

Rebel dislocated her knee :(

Now she has a reason to really have a crutch at ringside :)

The reason for postponing the coffin match from next week is due to the building collapse in Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Rebel dislocated her knee :(

Now she has a reason to really have a crutch at ringside :)

Life imitating art if ever I seen it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought there were some excellent matches last night with Sammy/MJF being the highlight. The ending was a little bit poor but not entirely unexpected. The opener was fun, the Elite's facial hair is a joy of narcissist heel nonsense :) Frankie Kazarian's looking like a dangerous guy. The coffin match setup was decent, nice story hook to dodge the coffin thing for a week. Miro looked unstoppable and Pillman did his part in promo and in the ring very well. The Nyla/Brit stuff wasn't exactly electrifying and I hope Rebel's recovery goes well cause it sucks to be injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Miro's new entrance song is great as is Brian Jrs - not sure how long the latter one has been around but it suits him perfectly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love Miro. Just so much.

The Redeemer is such an awesome moniker. The battle horns in his theme are unique and badass. He’s turning into the monster main eventer I’ve always hoped he could be.

• Advertisement

Just getting the bad out of the way first. What the **** were they thinking with that womens tag. Absolutely awful. Vickie actually being involved in a match is just brutal, really hope Andrade gets away from her and they bring in Zelina to pair with him again. I'd much rather see Thunder Rosa, Deeb, Riho, Tay etc feuding with Baker for the title atm.

WWE Dynamite. Come on JR FFS. WWE champion Kenny Omega a few weeks ago as well.

Other than that I really enjoyed nearly everything else on the show. Feel they are going to hit their stride now going back on the road. The Daily's place video package was very nice but takes away from it a bit when they say we'll be back in a few weeks :pac:

Is there any word on if we'll get Rampage on AEW plus?

883k for the return to Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The main event was really good, a few small things stopped it being great for me, like I don't think anyone should really kick out of a second-rope tombstone, but still one of the best TV main events of the year so far.

Miro remains easily the best thing in wrestling and good to be on the start of the road towards Hangman/Omega.

Was wondering what was going on with the coffin match, makes sense and a nice show of respect from AEW.

Is there anything more cringe in wrestling than your man in the Everton jersey. I'm embarrassed for him everytime he's on the screen.

Great to see them back on Wednesdays with an energetic show after the few less action packed episodes on different nights and times. Just another very enjoyable episode of pro-wrestling on Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The main event was really good, a few small things stopped it being great for me, like I don't think anyone should really kick out of a second-rope tombstone, but still one of the best TV main events of the year so far.

I tend to agree but I do think they covered that quite well with MJF injuring his knees and taking a few beats before the pin (which wasn't fully hooked in)
    Is there anything more cringe in wrestling than your man in the Everton jersey. I'm embarrassed for him everytime he's on the screen.

And he has multiple everton jerseys - I hate those guys that think THEY are the show....there's too many of them now! (one is too many)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I enjoyed Dynamite, it was an easy watch and really enjoyed the main event bar a few niggles (the tombstone kickout). Some of the spots by Same reminded me of RVD v Jerry Lynn and I was impressed with MJFs agility which is improving by the match.

Jungle Boy v Jack Evans was a fun match and Jungle Boy is unharmed despite the defeat to Kenny. God hes over.

Classy move by AEW moving the Coffin match. Its little things like this that makes me think modern day wrestling has some good souls.

Hangman Pages story seems to be moving, I think he needs to be elevated a bit stronger storyline-wise to be ready for the main event. I think if done right, Page can be the guy. Hes probably cooled off a good bit since the split from Kenny but I have no doubts he can be the man to topple him if done correctly.

Miro looks like a million bucks. Proof that no matter how badly one if booked, a bit of character rehab can easily make the bad booking forgettable.

Liking Ethan Page more and more by the week.

Excited for Sydal v Andrade. Sydal has had a fine year and I can see these two stealing the show.

Id rather FTR v PnP than a six man.

I dont care about JRs slip. Its nothing in the grand scheme of things.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I enjoyed Dynamite, it was an easy watch and really enjoyed the main event bar a few niggles (the tombstone kickout). Some of the spots by Same reminded me of RVD v Jerry Lynn and I was impressed with MJFs agility which is improving by the match.

Jungle Boy v Jack Evans was a fun match and Jungle Boy is unharmed despite the defeat to Kenny. God hes over.

Classy move by AEW moving the Coffin match. Its little things like this that makes me think modern day wrestling has some good souls.

Hangman Pages story seems to be moving, I think he needs to be elevated a bit stronger storyline-wise to be ready for the main event. I think if done right, Page can be the guy. Hes probably cooled off a good bit since the split from Kenny but I have no doubts he can be the man to topple him if done correctly.

Miro looks like a million bucks. Proof that no matter how badly one if booked, a bit of character rehab can easily make the bad booking forgettable.

Liking Ethan Page more and more by the week.

Excited for Sydal v Andrade. Sydal has had a fine year and I can see these two stealing the show.

Id rather FTR v PnP than a six man.

I dont care about JRs slip. Its nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I agree with the majority of this except for the last part :)

We all make mistakes but JR keeps making these mistakes e.g calling Kenny WWE Champion.

I think it's obvious at this stage he has no love for the product and he's doing more harm than good at this stage.

AEW dont need him at this stage (great at the start to bring causal wwe fans in) and should concentrate on Excalibur (who I love), Tony Schiavone ( can tell he loves AEW) and Tazz

Hell maybe get Mauro in to replace JR

Just please don't add Paul White to the Dynamite announce them. Awful

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I agree with the majority of this except for the last part :)

We all make mistakes but JR keeps making these mistakes e.g calling Kenny WWE Champion.

I think it's obvious at this stage he has no love for the product and he's doing more harm than good at this stage.

AEW dont need him at this stage (great at the start to bring causal wwe fans in) and should concentrate on Excalibur (who I love), Tony Schiavone ( can tell he loves AEW) and Tazz

Hell maybe get Mauro in to replace JR

Ah it doesn't bother me much, he is a shadow of his former self but it doesnt affect how I watch it.

I dont think its obvious that he has no love, i just think hes old and prone to these slips. I am half his ages and make slips from time to time. It doesnt bother me much.

Jericho bothered me a little. I dont mind him most of the time and I find he does a lot of good, but hes a tad OTT on the commentary desk. Just dial it down a smidge Chris.

Neither ruin the product for me. Give them JR and Jericho all day over a Kevin Dunn/Vince McMahon produced team.

Is there any word on if we'll get Rampage on AEW plus?

I contacted Fite on this

"Thank you for contacting FITE Customer Support!

We cannot say yet. Please stay tuned!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I give JR a pass too, small mistake and they happen. If half of us are as lucid as he is at his age with a history of Bells Palsy, losing his wife in tragic circumstances and doing live TV and associated travel for 52 weeks a year at 69 years of age, then we'd be doing well honestly.

Sammy's jump to MJF over the guard rail was something else also, some saying it's a little **** you to the Ricochet/Morrison rail/crash pad spot on Monday.

Advertisement