Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus T2 is 30 I feel really old all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And where there's Terminator 2: Judgement Day.. Guns N' Roses aren't far behind with You Could Be Mine. The 2 are forever linked for me. Oh to have been a teenager in the Summer of 1991

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A nice little progression of the Hangman story in BTE

This is such a nice slow burning story and the pay off will be huge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Headshot wrote: »
    A nice little progression of the Hangman story in BTE

This is such a nice slow burning story and the pay off will be huge

Someone on reddit did a rundown of the whole Hangman angle from the start, with the drinking and everything, it basically boils down to his lack of self worth, and belief in himself. Hes been excluded from the Elite etc, and feels useless. When the realization kicks in that he does belong, he is able, he is worthy of the title - its going to be the ultimate in long term storytelling paying off in a huge way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Someone on reddit did a rundown of the whole Hangman angle from the start, with the drinking and everything, it basically boils down to his lack of self worth, and belief in himself. Hes been excluded from the Elite etc, and feels useless. When the realization kicks in that he does belong, he is able, he is worthy of the title - its going to be the ultimate in long term storytelling paying off in a huge way

That thread was ridiculously reaching, in my opinion.

I think people are just making excuses for AEW and saying it's been "amazing longform storytelling" when Hangman should've been pushed to the moon ages ago.

Good wrestler, handsome, charismatic, hugely likeable, great theme and he's been pissing about for ages. Put the world title on him and end this woeful belt collector nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    That thread was ridiculously reaching, in my opinion.

I think people are just making excuses for AEW and saying it's been "amazing longform storytelling" when Hangman should've been pushed to the moon ages ago.

Good wrestler, handsome, charismatic, hugely likeable, great theme and he's been pissing about for ages. Put the world title on him and end this woeful belt collector nonsense.

I personally hate that any progression takes place on BTE. I dont watch it and personally, I dont think I have missed much.

I dont wanna watch BTE, not a huge Bucks fan in terms of personalities. Great performers no doubt, but their ego's taint things.

Like their match with Penta and Eddie, great match but so many things that take teh shine off , like Matt playing up to the camera after being slammed on the floor. They over do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the new BTE since it was mentioned but don't usually.
    Seeing 10 with his mask made me think of Rubberbandits for some reason.

On a more important note, if I heard correctly on Elevation, The Waiting Room is back on Dark tonight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I personally hate that any progression takes place on BTE. I dont watch it and personally, I dont think I have missed much.

I dont wanna watch BTE, not a huge Bucks fan in terms of personalities. Great performers no doubt, but their ego's taint things.

Like their match with Penta and Eddie, great match but so many things that take teh shine off , like Matt playing up to the camera after being slammed on the floor. They over do things.

I watch BTE in spite the Bucks and the absolute drizzling ****s.. the Good Brothers.

The other segments are usually quite funny

I watch BTE in spite the Bucks and the absolute drizzling ****s.. the Good Brothers.

The **** jokes

ffs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The **** jokes

ffs

If it wasn't for the Dark Order being so prominent and funny I probably would have given up when they were making those stupid jokes regularly a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Never got the Nyla/Vicky/Rizin segments either on it, awful stuff.

Do you think there's anyone who has watched AEW and thought "Woohoo! Serpentico and Luther are on"?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do you think there's anyone who has watched AEW and thought "Woohoo! Serpentico and Luther are on"?

Jericho would :pac:

I laugh my ass off at Luther and the whole head pointing meme but that's about it. Supposedly he has some sort of backstage role but who knows what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Reddit seems to like Luther but I'm pretty sure they're ironically doing it as a meme now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

This Serpentico guy has my interest for whatever reason I cannot say.

This Serpentico guy has my interest for whatever reason I cannot say.

It's the streamers, right?

Card for tonight

AEW World Tag Team Championship – Street Fight
    Young Bucks (Champions) vs. Penta El Zero Miedo and Eddie Kingston

South Beach Strap Match
    Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall

Andrade El Idolo vs. Matt Sydal

6-Man Tag Match
    Santana, Ortiz, and Jake Hager vs. FTR and Wardlow

Mixed Tag Team Match
    Orange Cassidy and Kris Statlander vs. The Blade and The Bunny

Hopefully tonight is the end of the Cody show and he moves away from his awful story line. i just don't want to see QT on my tv each week

I could do without a mixed tag match, not a fan of them at all

Card for tonight

South Beach Strap Match

6-Man Tag Match

Mixed Tag Team Match

Hopefully tonight is the end of the Cody show and he moves away from his awful story line. i just don't want to see QT on my tv each week

Tomorrow night right?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Tomorrow night right?

feck you tuesday

• Advertisement

They're really improving the quality of Dark matches.

Card for tonight

South Beach Strap Match

6-Man Tag Match

Mixed Tag Team Match

Seeing as the site's going read only from tomorrow, I'll throw my predictions in and come back on Friday to check..

The Young Bucks
    Cody Rhodes
    Andrade El Idolo
    FTR & Wardlow
    Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Street Fight for the title eh? I WONDER if there'll be interference that cost Penta and Eddie the title

feck you tuesday

Just making sure I wasnt missing a trick here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as the site's going read only from tomorrow, I'll throw my predictions in and come back on Friday to check..

The Young Bucks
    Cody Rhodes
    Andrade El Idolo
    FTR & Wardlow
    Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander.

What's this?

Edit: Just saw the notice at the top of the page, all good.

I guess we're back? The new layout is a bit horrible.

Anyway - that was possibly the best two hours of TV AEW have ever put out. Pretty great from start to finish (minus the QT segment). The Mox entrance, Andrade Promo, Cody Promo, Miro package, Hangman story, even Matt and Christian put on a great match. Darby is an absolute madman and good to see Ricky Starks get some gold!

I booked tickets this morning for the New York show. Going to Slammiversary Saturday so will hopefully meet some AEW folks there and in the jammiest move of them all - I secured tickets to PWG's first show back - the entire card is a mystery so should be full of some great surprises.

What was with Arn's "let's get this over with" before the attack last week? Just seemed he didn't want to do it. I suppose it would've made more sense if I knew why he was out there.

Evil Uno didn't seem impressed with Hangman's decision this week.

What a time to be an AEW fan.

We had a absolutely brilliant surprise of Black last week, I was totally worked. I was saying to myself "how unprofessional is it to have the lights go off twice" but when they came back on and I saw Malakai Black, my jaw dropped to the floor. Black and AEW played a **** blinder

I'm speechless after Fyter Fest, what a **** show. Hot damn this is must watch tv

• Advertisement

Guess we know one feature not implemented here yet. 😀

Advertisement