Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

1,148m there 3rd biggest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Is this a gag?

Chavo is awful on the mic. He was paired with talkers (Eddie, Chavo Classic, Vickie) throughout his career to make up for the fact he is where charisma goes to die.

Punk has started his teasing on social media now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

interesting that AEW brought out Rosa’s contract from NWA other wise she couldn't sign until 2022

I think it was a good move. Always the chance that WWE snap her up after her NWA contract expired.

The excuse since she started appearing in AEW as well is that she hasn't had a massive push because she's not under contract which is understandable but there's no excuses now, she shouldn't be just appearing on dark every week and should be the top star in the division imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Punk and Brian Danielson singing will be mega huge for AEW and a real kick in the stones for wwe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Punk has reopened his PWT store.

Bryan has been removed from WWE 2K22

Its happening!

I wonder if they link them together at all, or keep them seperate. Can't help but wonder if they shouldn't try this generations version of nWo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was taking a break from a few hectic weeks of shows and I have tickets to NYC event but now wondering should I spring for another mad trip to Chicago for All Out! Will price it later and see.

I have to say I'm starting to believe the rumors and I've said from the start that there's no way I see Danielson signing. I'd be happy to be wrong because he'd be my dream signing for AEW.

As I've said before, I wouldn't be the biggest Punk fan but I'd be intrigued to see how it plays out. Will he be motivated, get a bit of the love back for wrestling and make a difference or just a cash grab and phones it in.

I wonder would AJ Lee have any interest in coming back to wrestling and signing if Punk does sign.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope they do a two man power trip and absolutely obliterate and kill The Elite off. Atrocious stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Have seen a few throwing the idea of teaming them around, probably not the worst shout, might help ease Punk back into things. Both different though really, Punk might do a half dozen matches a year while you wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan wrestling Dante Martin or Brock Ando on Dark!

Obviously it's not going to have the impact of Hogan and the N.W.O, wrestling just isn't on the level it was in the nineties for that to happen. But in the context of pro-wrestling in 2021 it's the closet you could get outside of a Cena or Reigns.

You know WWE would have loved a Punk return, he was the one bullet they had left, sure how many times have they brought back Goldberg at this stage. Big win for TK if he gets it over the line!

Reports AEW are interested in bringing Murphy in now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The roster is getting a bit too stacked to see where Murphy would fit. They're only getting an extra hour of TV with Rampage so it's interesting to see how it'll all work, especially with only 4 PPVs a year.

If people signed 3 year contracts in 2019 (the first year of the company) there should be a lot of AEW contracts up in 2022. Wonder will a lot just be allowed to expire.

Sean Ross Sapp on the fightful podcast said that there will be even more big stuff happening regarding AEW in 2022 and he's said it a few times now. Absolutely no idea what he could be talking about, I don't know what's left haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Was thinking the same, would love to see it. They've great chemistry.

Punk has been publicly flirting with them for years and they haven't brought him back. If they wanted him, they'd have gone in for him.

Punks problem in WWE was that he wouldn't just take the cash and phone it in.

People forget what a tremendous performer he is because the bullsh*t that goes along with him is massive. But he is the single best promo of his generation. Name me 3 promos that got the same level of real, genuine mainstream buzz in the past 20 years as the 'pipebomb'.

Mark Henry got Max Caster a weekly gig on TMZ freestyling and he doesn't hold back.

I look forward to a man of principle like Punk standing still for Orange Cassidy's nonsense.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm looking forward to seeing who's going to call him out on his MMA "career" :PAC:

Britt Baker injured again it seems, wrist, not too serious hopefully

Post edited by riffmongous on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Baker should go full Cowboy Bob Orton and rock the cast gimmick.

I've been wondering will Punk return as an authority figure at first which will lead to him returning to the ring down the road a bit.

I'm not sure his return to the ring would be a smooth at Christians was after 7 years out of the ring.

Saying that Punk has been working on the Heels show so maybe that has helped with ring rust, which also leads to will there be a tie in with Heels and Stephen Amell and the cast, By all accounts the lead cast members did all their own wrestling for the series.

Imagine this in Chicago's AEW All Out

I just get chills thinking about it.

I think they should tease Punk on the Wednesday before All Out to see if that will pop the buy rate for the PPV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Living Colour have started following AEW on Twitter now.

Its insane that, not only do AEW get Punk and Bryan, but they basically can bring them in with the same theme songs too.

Be brilliant if AEW had CM Punk ice creams at All Out

I thought WWE had done their own version of 'Valkyries' for Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

I believe they did, think a Jim Johnson version but the song itself is public domain so they could easily record their own version or license a version that sounds similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't The Final Countdown his entrance on the indies?

Advertisement