Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Wrestling fans at times really are nitpicking the most trivial of things. If I was national champion of tiddlywinks I'd be wearing it as a badge of honour and shouting from the high heavens let alone being a national champion of one of the toughest sports in the world cheerleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You do see a good bit of nitpicking towards AEW, can seem like people are stretching to find something to give out about at times.

Good episode of Dark, the dive over the corner from Dante Martin looked great. Mad to think next week is Dark 100!

Tonight should be good, particularly the ten man and Gage/Jericho, still a bit surreal to think Gage will be appearing for a mainstream promotion. Wonder who the next labours could be if he gets through, it's hard to top Gage. Someone from Jericho's past maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Would love a Lance Storm appearance for the Labours of Jericho. Yes I may be the only person in the world to type that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't trying to nitpick. At least no more than with WWE. 🙂 I guess mentioning being champion goes with the cheerleader gimmick.

For Jericho, is there someone from his past they could bring in? Either a rivalry he had or someone he's never beat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Or to go against him, bringing back his friend, the one who has wrestled more than anyone and knows him inside out. Could work in both respects and there would be a deep story to it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AEW is fair game to criticism. They dont get everything right.

But lets be realistic, AEW may have some flaws but the good or great massively outweighs the bad.

I cant remember the last time I was dying to stay up for WWE. Maybe Royal Rumble 2020. I cant recall ever wanting to stay up to watch Raw or Smackdown in Id say a decade. AEWs weekly Dynamite is so enjoyable, I have that want back again the last year. And thats without fans for the majority.

Now that fans have returned, AEW just needs to up the production values and they are near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The bar for perfect must be extremely low when they have some indie criminal vs a 50 year old juggalo as a highlight tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Near perfect is a pretty major stretch here.

It is a really good show. Far too many people on it though, and too much 'you do your flippy sh*t then I'll do my flippy sh*t' wrestling.

Its a helluva more interesting than Nattie and Tamina tagging or Drew v Mahal feuding over a sword or Bobby Lashley feuding with a massively over the hill Goldberg..... I could go on and thats just Raw.

The overall story and use of Gage is appealing to me. Ive no expectations of it being a 5 star classic, but Im happy to watch it and expect to be somewhat entertained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wish I had Tanahashi's hair.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cash Wheeler looks to have done himself a pretty bloody injury leading to an early improv finish. I hope it's not too serious.

Good show so far, the 10-man tag match didn't go how I expected at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazing fair play to Jericho!

labour number 3 Awesome. It’s Juventud.

I lost count at the amount of Punk teases there was on the show.

Picture in picture goes to a pizza ad as Cage uses the pizza cutter :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a Punk mark, confirming “The First Dance” is the Chicago show, cutting to the crowd chatting CM Punk, and then Darby nearly outright challenging Punk…..god damn, I am so, so happy. I know a shock debut would have been awesome too, but I miss wrestling debut teases like this too. Especially once we know it’s happening, this sort of half confirmation is very fun.

I love Thunder Rosa. She’s awesome.

jericho vs Gage was what I wanted, and as Beaker says, it’s something fresh and different. On its own, out of context, it’s nothing special as a match. But as a story, told over the five labours, it’s really good. We know Jericho will win all the matches, so the idea that every match needs to be Jericho beating main eventers wouldn’t work. Juve next is fascinating as well. Again, Jericho will win, but it’s a match we’ve not seen for aaaaaaaages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So what happens to Page and the DO now? Are they cooling off on them ahead of some new arrivals?

Oh, wow, I totally missed MJF pipe bomb Easter egg too.

The juice is coming back, great choice from MJF. Loved the main event, knew there would be light tubes, you don't get an MDK match without them. Wasn't expecting Jericho to be the one taking the hit, fair play.

Another cracking episode of Dynamite, AEW has been on a roll lately.

And a Tanahashi appearance, you absolutely love to see it. I'd say he beats Archer and then faces off with Mox. Some of the early shouts that people were being unrealistic in getting their hopes up about what to expect from the opening of the Forbidden Door don't look great now, doesn't get much better than the Ace.

Post edited by RollieFingers on

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Jericho took way more punishment than I was expecting in that match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty good Dynamite. Had the biggest dumb grin on my face seeing Hangman enter with Dark Order and the Elite had a great entrance following that. Result was not what was expected, I hope they're not cooling off this angle and waiting to pull the trigger at a later date, I think this is the hottest it's going to be but we'll see.

FTR Vs PP underdelivered and just to be clear that was before the unfortunate Cash injury. Crowd was pretty dead for it overall. Bit of a shame. Archer and Hikuleo was pretty solid and great to see Haku. Tanahashi making an appearance was cool and interested to see where this NJPW forbidden door stuff goes. Other matches were fine if not remarkable. I'd like if they gave Miro an actual programme soon instead of just constant promos.

Main event was good, I'm mainly just shocked how far they went with the deathmatch on TNT and how much Jericho committed to it. Gotta give it up for that. I can be hot and cold on deathmatch wrestling but I don't think it was too bad and I enjoyed the match, they made Gage look a monster too tbf.

As for all the Punk teases, could do with a bit less of it now. Then again there's no way he isn't signed at this stage with all that teasing, they couldn't risk looking that stupid if he hadn't signed. Punk/Darby is a good match-up too if that's the debut match.

Given everyone seems to have factions and alliances in AEW, I presume Darby and Punk could be one after an initial program. Not sure how Sting fits in, but Punk and Darby just seem the type who’d click a bit.

Man just watching AEW now and man, thats how you tie in a movie. Match hasnt even started and Im loving it.

What's the story with the nwa women's tournament that Bunny and Leyla Hirsch are fighting in last week?

Had to laugh at the Cody but with the signs behind each of them. "EVP", "Coach", "Tony". I'm sure it's just so anyone with the title takes the assigned seat. Maybe Schiavone can cover for Khan.

Was Britt teasing bringing in her own muscle?

And I thought the final labour would be having to face Rock and Austin in the same night

I hope the Lucha Bros turn on Pac and join Andrade.

Then which tag team are bastards enough to join the bastard to make a trio's team to go against them?

Hadn't heard anything about the NWA tournament either, not too surprising considering how low down the pole the NWA is in terms of buzz-worthy wrestling promotions at the minute.

The big question going into this weeks labour was would there be light tubes, the question going into next weeks has to be do they give Juvi a live mic? Hopefully!

• Advertisement

Advertisement