Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I said on the NXT thread WWE letting go ever rise was a huge mistake. They have so much upside in them.

This shows how smart AEW recruitment is. Huge get and another one for the future too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good offering so far tonight - the Trios match was fun, Jericho's trial was more or less what I expected, but the spinning Judas Effect from the top has finally made that move sorta interesting :D And poor aul Fuego Del Sol just took a battering from Andrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Haha laughing here, they did a picture-in-picture segment there that cut straight to a Little Caesars ad. No sign of Dominos at all but looks like they've been replaced. Little Caesars and PBR getting on the AEW train in the same week is hilarious. Not all companies are afraid to associate with a little edge I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,411 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Black really dominating Cody

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Black is so awesome.

Says Cody needs to be put out for pasture. Destroys him, humiliates him, to the point Cody decides to retire. Only to have Black ruin that for him too. Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was another top show.

Jericho with the weight gain now is starting to look like James Corden once you see it you can't un-see it.

I liked the top rope Judas Effect.

Miro made Johnson look like a future star.

This version of Black is a star.

The Cody retirement angle is an interesting one.

Kamille stare down with Hirsch was great with the height difference.

Now how cool would it be if Adam Page is the one to bring in Punk, The American Dragon & Adam Cole" Bay Bay" to create The Super Elite to take on The Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Bit of a step down for me from the last few weeks if I'm honest.

The Jericho/Guerrera match was a real slog. Jericho looked pretty gassed and MJF calling attention to Juvi's speed only reminded us how slow and sloppy the whole thing was. Fourth Labor isn't as exciting after the last two but I guess it makes sense.

I don't know if Cage being Number One contender makes that much sense but certainly seems that will be the match for All Out. Never got into Ever Rise in NXT but that match was fun and think they could be a good addition. Miro's match was decent and Lee looked good out of it too. Still don't get the hype about Leyla personally but the staredown between her and Kamille was a good visual.

Main event was exactly what it should be, except for an awkward delay and crazy jump when he got kicked off the turnbuckle it was awesome. Black looked a star, it's sort of hilarious how much WWE cemented how he should be presented and bottled it and now AEW can just swoop in and do it and make it work. Guess Cody's gone for a while now but he really late Black squash him on the way out. JR's Call that his kick was like 'a big right hand' broke my brain for a second. Still not convinced the Hangman story is going the right direction but I'm assuming he's off TV for a bit anyway (apparently a new father as well) so time will tell.

Anyone else feel like they didn't do enough to make Rampage feel like a big deal? I know there's one more Dynamite before it airs but thought they'd hype it more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People have noticed that during the Page/Dark Order segment, Page seemed to leave a DVD behind on the table.

Now, maybe that's just some weird production flub, but I'd adore if there was a little subtle story being told there, that they can hearken back to in a few weeks to fully explain why the DO let him get his ass whooped. Little moments like that just don't happen in wrestling that much, sadly.

A 4 man commentary team for the 1 hour Rampage seems like overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking the same, especially with Jericho. I'm surprised they haven't brought in a full time female commentator.

MJF to get knocked out during the match next week so another ref will have to make the count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Saw that alright, someone on Reddit was saying it could be to do with a BTE story about a sex tape or something (dunno, I don't watch BTE). Would love if it factored in somehow. Like some long term plan but who knows.

4 Man commentary is definitely too much but pretty sure Jericho is only there for the start-up as Fozzy will be touring again soon. Personally don't like Jericho on commentary so I'm cool with that.

So Bucks saying there isn't a team left to fight them. Now is the time for Billie & Peyton.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Blueandgold88

Im in the same boat coming back to wrestling after 15 years and really like the look of aew from what I've seen on ITV. How do the PPVs work on Fite tv? Do you get the event included after a certain amount of time or is there always an additional fee to watch?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tony saying Max Caster's rap should've been caught and he'll take over editing going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Five Labours of Jericho, pt. 3: Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera

Very poor start to the match but gradually got better. You're not going to see a master class in the ring from Jericho these days and I hope he'll retire from the ring too

I am disappointed that Wardlow is the final opponent before MJF, I was hoping they'd bring in 1 more surprise.

On a separate note how good is MJF on the commentary

Jon Moxley, Eddie Kingston and Darby Allin vs. 2.0 and Daniel Garcia

Though this was a really fun match. The fans were going nuts for Mox, Eddie and Darby.

Darbys suicide dive out the ring was just bonkers. 

Great bit of business to bring in 2.0 and they could be a great foil for Garcia.

TNT Champion Miro vs. Lee Johnson title match

I was 5 mins into the match and wondering why Miro didnt just destory Lee but as the match went on Lee kept hanging on and putting in some good offense and ended up being just a enjoyable match I can see why they like Lee but Miro as of now has to be one of best wrestlers in the world. How the **** didn't WWE see this.

Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black

I loved this, Black looks in superb shape and he destroyed Rhodes.

The hangman stuff, most be the best story line in wrestling today. Loving the little things in this story.

I wonder who Dan Lambert is bringing in from American Top Team to try and take out Archer next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Would do nothing for me. One reason I don't watch WWE is because I don't need to see aging stars trading on their name doing short one off matches like Goldberg or Lesnar. Means nothing.

Is next week the last trial? Thought he had to complete 5 trials then he gets to fight MJF. So Wardlow is the 4th then one more after that.

• Advertisement

Some entrance, that mask was a great touch

Thought the exact same.

Really enjoyed the show last night. Next weeks card so far doesn't look great though.

I know they said Rampage was only going to be live for the PPV go homes and special events.

So for the recorded Rampage shows I'm guessing three of four man team will be used when filming Dark episodes as well and Jericho will only turn up for the live Rampage shows.

They will keep using Tony & Paul for Dark Elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, I reckon Rampage will be rotating rather than an actual 4 man. Jericho will go on Tour so I'd be expecting Excalibur as standard and then rotating between Henry and Tazz, and Jericho there when he's around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What are people expecting for the new joiners debut/next feuds over the coming months?

Black is already with Cody but I kind of expect that to be ending by All Out and Cody takes some time off to be with Brandi and the new kid. I think there's a longer story there with Darby that I'd prefer they didn't go too yet so if Jericho goes on tour, wouldn't mind seeing Black vs Sammy/Inner Circle. Sammy is one of the few bulletproof guys they have who can take a loss and I feel like a feud with Black would be good for both. You've a starting point already since Black kicked Fuegos head off. Only other one I can see is just shooting him to the title scene against Miro.

For CM Punk, I think Darby is the obvious starting point. If Punk is rusty in the ring, Darby can carry him and Darby can take a loss easily here.

Andrade will stick with Death Triangle for another good few months so that's grand.

For Bryan, outside of throwing him straight I to Omega (which I hope they don't), I'd be thinking MJF (assuming MJF beats Jericho). MJF can take a loss after that feud and would be a good feud for Bryan. MJF is a great promo but his in ring work needs more and who better to learn off than Bryan there.

Feel like you shouldn't have any of them beat Kenny (in a title match anyway) so need to keep them away from him otherwise you ruin the Page story, and you don't want Page losing to them either. Moxley/Kingston would also be a good option but think that should be further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Really enjoyed that show.

Jericho v Juvi was ok, it dragged and as a part of the story it didnt really get as much juice as Spears and Gage. MJF commentating made it passable but overall it was a drag.

Christian v Blade was decent and Christian got the most out of a hard working yet limited Blade.

Enjoyed the Elite v Page segment. Again, the journey has been fantastic and I cant wait each week to see how the next portion goes down. I cant wait for Kenny to delve further into Hangmans history with The Elite and Im curious to see what happens with the Dark Order.

Miro had his best match yet. Simple yet effective booking and storytelling. I wasnt that hyped for the match prior but man they had such a compelling bout. Miro looks a million bucks.

Cody v Black was epic. Only nit pick is that it was too similar to the Brodie Lee squash and too soon since, but thats a minor nitpick. Loved the speech at the end only for Black to not even give him that.

Love the trios match and 2.0 are great addition. They can be excellent lackeys and have great personalities. Kingston marking out with Sting was brilliant, as was the camera shot of Darbys dive.

Overall, another easy to watch 2 hour show. Roll on next week.

I'd like an announcement about Rampage on Fite TV already. There's a chance we might not even get to see Punk's debut through official means over here as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm so happy for Malaki Black! He was beaming when I met him at PWG on Sunday and excited for what was to come but that entrance was *chef's kiss*. I'm big into alternative music and style so it was a big hit with me, the impending sense of doom from the song was amazing too, the folk horror mask made it also.

I never had any interest in Christian, just a generic dude and AEW has too many young stars in the making to be letting him get weekly TV time.

The Juice was a little rusty more than loose but it ended well at least.

Leyla is great so happy to see her getting a shot at a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Black looked awesome. Like put that guy in the main event right now.

Such an embarrassment of riches in the upper card and will likely get more stacked, hopefully they can manage it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement