Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So **** pumped

Imagine sitting in that crowd tonight and constantly hearing CM Punk Chants, this will be bigger than anything we've seen.

The roof will come off United Center

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

AEW have created a serious amount of buzz in a little amount of time really in the rumoured signing of Bryan and Punk. I'm more excited for tonight than I have been for anything in WWE in the past 10 years.

This really could be the game changer!

I'm a lifelong WWE guy but I've not been excited about anything they've offered since the Firefly Fun House match vs Cena.

I'm genuinely looking forward to a wrestling show for the first time in AGES. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be a convert to any other wrestling company but fair play to AEW. They've been consistently surprising me in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW have signed the two most organically over wrestlers of the 21st-century and both got over dispute the owner of the biggest game in town doing his best to stop them getting over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Imagine it didn't happen. The backlash would be fierce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭kksaints

Punk's arrival is extremely intriguing as he hasn't been in the ring officially in years and you just don't know what we are going to get from him both promos and in ring wise.

Bryan's isn't as big imo. Yes, there's going to be some great matches but we seen him wrestling not that long ago and there's far less mystery with regards what we're going to get. Still a coup, but I wouldn't be as interested in his arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Think Bryan's is interesting because while we did get to see him wrestle recently, with the forbidden door we could watch him right around the world rather than just in WWE.

But Punks is definitely the more intriguing for me just to see if he's still got it.

Punk with the Dark Night Returns on social Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tis exciting

Adam Cole walks out with Punk tonight and then goes to Takeover on Sunday.

• Advertisement

I have to say I am as excited about tonight as I used to be about wrestlemania's 10 years ago. It is a bit mad that a one hour wrestling show on a random friday night has me more excited about anything in wrestling in the last 5 or 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

AEW have put the anticipation and excitement back into wrestling and isn't it just great!

They might not get everything right, but honestly any faults are minor quibbles and they get the benefit of the doubt because there is a trust that they are committed to putting out a good product.

Like it's not rocket science to feature hometown performers and make them seem like a big deal. Britt in Pittsbugh, Sammy in Houston and now Punk in Chicago - it's simple stuff but super effective and helps get people over.

I'll not stay up for Rampage but watching it will be the first thing I do in the morning. Mad to think they have got this much buzz despite never officially announcing anything. I've a suspicion that Punk vs. Moxley might be the path they take, but I'm intrigued to see how he's introduced tonight.

Oooh, the ANTICIPATION!

Triple threat between the big dog, big match John and the best in the world confirmed for SummerSlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Have seen a few going off the deep end on Twitter already, funny stuff!

Some buzz for tonight, you love to see it.

If Punk was to come in with a faction I would love to see him take Garcia and 2.0 to be the ones.

The only issues I would have that is the last few big debuts have comes in as heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I like it. I was thinking if Danielson arrives a group with him and Garcia, Yuta, and Lee Moriarty as his proteges would work well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Too early to start beers and stay up until 3am? Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have 14 people coming over tonight to watch, about half currently watch, 2 have never watched wrestling and the rest are lapsed fans that got out years ago. 8 are women too haha! Serious excitement about it now. Gas that there's no buzz around Summerslam at all as it's been overshadowed.

If I sign up to the Fire TV sub will I have rampage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is that a picture of Tony Kahn at Craven Cottage.

Reports that they signed another major name on top of Punk and Danielson.

Flair or Cole maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Punk and Bryan to debut. The feelgood moment of the year. Lights go out, sirens sound...

And he absolutely batters the two of them for 20 minutes. Tony knows what the people want and people want BRAAAAAUUUUUUNNNNN!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

That Tony Khan clip confirms Punk. Incredible really they have finally got him.

Punk vs Omega for the title will be the biggest match in AEW history

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

its good to see something exciting in wrestling but as I said before hopefully punk has stipulated that he deals with tony Khan and not the EVPs, and if that’s the case then past the initial pop they may have gold here. And I doubt it but hopefully this lights a fire under WWE to do good wrestling TV again because interest in wrestling lifts the industry and more company’s can operate and more wrestlers can make a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think they'll hold off on Punk until nearing the show's end.

• Advertisement

Gods be good to them if they do. Personally would love to see MJF goading him throughout the hour until he comes out at the end but can't see them leaving the crowd going mental for an hour.

Advertisement