Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you've got Bryan, does it make sense to have him make a surprise debut tonight as well?

You've got a show that's likely going to be one of the most watched pro-wrestling shows in forever. A crowd who are going to be massively hot. And debuting him in a month's time is going to inevitably feel a bit lackluster compared to this build for Punk (not a shot at Bryan; it's just tonight is so hot, it will be an impossible task to replicate it again imo).

So, have Punk come out. Have Darby come out. Bit of banter. Have the Elite come out, start a bit of a beatdown.

Flight of the Valkyries hits, Bryan runs down for the big save. Crowd would launch even higher into the stratsophere. Punk, Bryan and Darby all hit their finishers on the Good Brothers, Cutler and Nakazawa, while the rest look on in horror. Big celebration from the new debutants to close the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont know, might be a bit unfair on the other talent as crowd will constantly be calling out for CM Punk

Id prefer him to come out at the opening of the show and at the end where he sets up a feud

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd like a swerve. Punk and Bryan to debut, yeah, but no feelgood moment or at least not a long one before one of them turns heel on the other. Preferably Bryan, he's a better heel and it's Chicago so attacking a debuting Punk after a decade away will get deafening boos after a deafening pop to start things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The crowd have 2 hours or so of Dark before Rampage anyway don't they so they'll be sitting and waiting anyway so waiting a bit longer won't matter really. I think the AEW crowd will be good enough to not do the chants too. Jade and Hogan might be in danger but Jungle Boy is over that starting with him will get the crowd going anyway. There isn't the time for a big promo too so I'm still thinking he comes in during the Moxley/Garcia match when 2point0, Darby, Sting and Kingston inevitably get involved.

The only thing I can see is that if they debut him straight off, maybe they have someone else at the end come in (Jay White possibly) for Moxley at All Out if it's Punk - Darby.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So as someone who watched wwf/e religiously from the early 90s right through to around 2011ish and then periodically until about 2018, I had completely given up on Pro wrestling but seeing this Punk stuff trending today has perked my interest. I've been following slightly so have a rough idea of what and who AEW are but have no clue about fueds etc.

Is AEW still on one of the itv channels or is there anywhere to watch it live through "nefarious" means? Cannot wait to see the reaction to Punks music hitting when I'm online tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wednesday's Dynamite is shown on ITV4 every Friday night, although times vary. Both Dynamite and Rampage are available to watch live or watch anytime with AEW plus on Fite TV, for just $4.99 a month. Well worth it. First week is free too...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Has it been talked about whether Punk and Cabana have patched things up or will there be some pure awkward moments backstage?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not seen anything, but I’d imagine the two likely won’t have much need to interact behind the scenes. Can’t imagine Punk isn’t getting his own changing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd imagine Khan would have said it to Cabana, and I'd feel Cabana is professional to get by as long as they're not in the same program (which would not be cool) but Punk had never struck me as someone who'd patch things up with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Punk does give off the vibe of once you’ve slighted him(even if you haven’t in reality) that it’s over and no coming back from that.

I assume the owners and operators of the united centre in Chicago got a guarantee that punk is showing up, because they don’t want that building damaged because if AEW tried to be too clever(I doubt even they’d be that stupid), that crowd will be royally pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Here we go

UNREAL!!!!

No beating around the bush.

crying man about to me memed to f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was awesome! Worth getting up at 3 AM for, Punk looks great. Still has it on the mic anyway, hoping his debut at All Out is just as good.

AEW shop seems to have gone down with the release of the new CM Punk t-shirt haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ah lads take my money for All Out right now

Everyone gets an ice cream bar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Didn't stop smiling throughout the whole lot of that wow

Private Party making Jungle Boy look like a million dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That was worth it.

You could listen to him for a full hour and not get bored.

It felt like a huge statement. AEW is big time now, sold out big crowd and CM Punk back after seven years. This isn't TNA back in the day.

Am I crazy or is this either going to run crazy over or a lot of stuff is gonna have to be rushed and cut. Surprised they tried to cram so much stuff into the hour.

Oh my **** god 😪

Hes up their with stone cold. Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jade can't go more than a couple of minutes. There's an obvious joke there which I'm far too intellectual to state. But she is hot as.

Yeah I figured it would be a squash alright. They even said straight away on commentary, this might not take long. Kiera didn't even get an entrance. Jade has a lot of potential even if she's still fairly green and arguably pushed beyond her means right now.

Get Daniel B in now and bray wyatt or whatever his real name is and holy ****!!!!

I'll never watch WWE again

• Advertisement

Yeah in terms of ability in ring she is way off right now. But she looks like a million dollars, very distinctive.

Advertisement