Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Monokne wrote:
    I think they'll do another instant sellout. There's no reason to think the demand will be any less than in May. Chicago is a good area to have a show thats going to draw a lot of fly in's.

That scares me. So is there no presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

no presale at all, they all go on sale at 1 time, i predict a website crash with amount of numbers it will be getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Just clicked on the link to the tickets website for ALL OUT:

"Your number in line: 61345
    Number of users in line ahead of you: 56320
    Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour CDT
    Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour"

Crazy stuff.

EDIT: Looks like it's already sold out. 15 minutes.

lawlolawl wrote:
    EDIT: Looks like it's already sold out. 15 minutes.

Missed my tickets by one minute.

Wasted 1500 on plane tickets. Balls

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stomping Ground still has a rake of seats available if ye're interested, lads? Going cheap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

There are some on stubhub and more will be added.

You're paying through the nose, but if you're willing to fly to Chicago, I can't imagine you mind overpaying for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Monokne wrote: »
    I think they should run 2 - 5k seat buildings.

They've been savvy enough so far so I'm sure they will go for the tight, close knit crowd. There's no pressure on them and they've landed a plum TV contract so there's no need to be too ambitious arena wise starting off.

Monokne wrote:
    You're paying through the nose, but if you're willing to fly to Chicago, I can't imagine you mind overpaying for tickets.

Nah man. Over spent on the flights. Looks like the missus will get a nice week in Chicago while I just stand outside the Sears with a big sad face. Budget was tight already. Can't pay over the odds

I see the next Stone Cold podcast is going to be with Tony Khan.

It's delightful to see how quickly everyone is turning on Vince now that there is an even sort of viable alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Been to a lot of cities in America and Chicago is probably one of the best so you'll have a ball regardless.

• Advertisement

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I see the next Stone Cold podcast is going to be with Tony Khan.

It's delightful to see how quickly everyone is turning on Vince now that there is an even sort of viable alternative.

Never mind Stone Cold the fact that Mike Bennett has stopped toeing the line about his time in WWE is more amazing to me. The defiance on display now is striking.

Never mind Stone Cold the fact that Mike Bennett has stopped toeing the line about his time in WWE is more amazing to me. The defiance on display now is striking.

Yeah, you've got to give huge kudos to the guy for coming out and saying he knows that WWE doesn't really give two ****s about 205 Live but the guys working it most certainly do.

He's actually a pretty sold worker as well so it gives his words a decent amount of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly him and his wife should kiss the ground Vince walks on.
    They've gotten a stint in rehab, she's had an injury and a baby and in return they have done nothing really

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ERG89 wrote: »
    They've gotten a stint in rehab, she's had an injury and a baby and in return they have done nothing really

Blame for their return can hardly be leveled at them entirely, **** happened that they had no control of.

They played one of the biggest scumbags in the entertainment industry like a fiddle.

Good for them. They realized their employer was utter garbage and milked them to the last. 99% of the current WWE roster should do the same thing if they get the chance.

This sentiment is common around the internet when Mike and Maria are mentioned and I hate it.

I'll presume you're a boss yourself since it seems to annoy you that a couple gets maternity leave and rehab from their billionaire boss. The same boss whose company has had its most profitable year ever and don't give their wrestlers health insurance.

Fair play to them both for having Vince foot the bill.

J. Marston wrote: »
    This sentiment is common around the internet when Mike and Maria are mentioned and I hate it.

I'll presume you're a boss yourself since it seems to annoy you that a couple gets maternity leave and rehab from their billionaire boss. The same boss whose company has had its most profitable year ever and don't give their wrestlers health insurance.

This company puts on "super-shows" for a country that straight up murders journalists and gay people and treats women like property but Mike and Maria are the real villains in all this.

I hope WWE in 5 years time is Roman vs. Shane in every single match of a 10 hour empty-arena Wrestlemania because everyone else has left in disgust.

Tbh if I was their boss I'd have never hired them.
    My main gripe is that they seem to expect better when really that's all they've done in 2 years.
    Not sure what they are expecting, Bennett ain't exactly criminally underutilised as he is a Shawn Spears or Matt Taven level talent, blatantly average in 2019; even if you only look at the WWE roster. Maria every time she has wrestled even in the smallest of roles in Royal Rumble's God help her she seems lost.

A Chad Gable, Buddy Murphy, Cedric Alexander or Luke Harper have reasons to gripe right now as they have talent not like the 2 geeks I described above.

Funnily enough, breaking news...

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/mike-maria-kanellis-re-sign-wwe/

Mike and Maria sign new multi-year deals.

Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

WWE has been saved. Seriously they should have let them go, so what if they ended up in AEW? WWE/Vince clearly don’t care about them and the general public likely won’t either be it in AEW or WWE.

Pentecost wrote: »
    WWE has been saved. Seriously they should have let them go, so what if they ended up in AEW? WWE/Vince clearly don’t care about them and the general public likely won’t either be it in AEW or WWE.

Apparently they sounded out AEW who showed no interest. At that point, they just took the big money offer from WWE. To be honest, I never thought Bennett was anything special so getting decent money to do little to nothing is the best they could hope for, with a young family. Good for them.

Vince is going to be locking up a lot of talent he doesn't care about now. We know how insecure he gets when there's a competitor.

Mike Bennett didn't go to rehab. He did get clean and sober while in WWE, but he never went to rehab, which they have been at pains to point out. Not that it matters. Vince is the king of exploitation, it would be richly deserved if his talent started turning the screw back on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

well this stip is overly convoluted

they win a match to get another match were the winner gets a bye

hopefully a typo or badly worded

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1141003444263763969?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There's a typo there somewhere. "For or"?

Took me a long time to realise that ain't a 6 man tag. I kept thinking why are Kazarian & Scorpio Sky opposing each other

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Took me a long time to realise that ain't a 6 man tag. I kept thinking why are Kazarian & Scorpio Sky opposing each other

What’s worse I was thinking to myself that 3rd guy in private party looks like kaz

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3hnChlmfz/

That is some pop for Penta and Fenix :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,637 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It is being streamed for free in the States however ITV are charging for Fyter Fest not on ITV Box Office but with FITE TV.

It's €9.99 to buy it.

https://twitter.com/ITVWrestling/status/1142397792842919936

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

AEW have registered the trademark "Wednesday Night Dynamite" which obviously means their weekly show will be on a Wednesday. They did trademark "Tuesday Night Dynamite" a few months ago too though but I guess the plan changed probably to let wrestling have an extra day to recover form just how good Raw is every week....

Advertisement